DEAD RISING 2 & DEAD RISING 2: OTR SALE @Capcom store

26954149.jpg

Good god. I work for a shipping company and those prices are ridiculous! How can they possibly think they'll sell anything with 8.50 for shipping. It probably costs them around 2-3 dollars to ship each one too.

With the cheapest shipping option, the price goes up to $21.39, which is more than I would be paying from other retailers for :360: Dead Rising 2.

Thanks for the post OP, not your fault that Capcom charges so much for shipping.

The shipping includes the cost of the cards which are added to the cart automatically. The shipping for a game by itself is a measly $6.75!

If you buy 5 or so items the shipping costs even out nicely, but still kinda crazy.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']how about putting a price in the title.. or atleast in the description?[/QUOTE]

sry, i was a little excited to actually contribute to the site with a not so great deal. always next time. :twoguns::newbie:

I've always wondered, do larger companies that ship out a lot of stuff get discounts on shipping costs? Myself, I'm usually able to ship out most games via USPS First Class for less than $2 with delivery confirmation, and the packaging shouldn't cost you more than $.50 if you know what you're doing.

After getting a fair amount of experience with shipping and how much it usually costs, I tend to scoff when I notice a company grossly overcharging for theirs.

Maybe if they'd put the High Stakes edition up for $12.99 I'd buy it. They don't seem to be flying off the virtual shelves at $50 currently.

Last year Capcom had a Black Friday sale.

As I recall they had free shipping with minimum purchase (I think $40).
High Stakes edition was $45 (which pretty much was free shipping).
$10 vouchers with purchase and some other stuff.
They will probably do one again this year. Wait til then before making any Capcom related purchases.

I got the High Stakes Edition during that time. It's like those cheapy poker sets you can find at a department store. The dice had scuff marks and the outer case doesn't close as well as a briefcase.

I doubt they will sell the set for much lower than $45 since the game is included as well but you can trade in/sell the game to lessen the cost of the poker set.

i wouldnt bother...i recently had a horrible experience with them concerning lost planet 2 digital download...got screwed out of that purchase and i bought it from gamestop instead....there wonderful customer support apparently doesnt know how there digital downloads are downloaded to your pc using there capcom download manager

Need to make the thread title more clear; then again, none of us would've ever ventured into this thread if the title said "...shipping is $8.40", so I guess we never would have gone on this journey together...

You can probably get these games really cheap from gamefly or on sale somewhere else. i've ordered a game from capcoms store before. It took over a month for me to get it.

[quote name='zanticon']sry, i was a little excited to actually contribute to the site with a not so great deal. always next time. :twoguns::newbie:[/QUOTE]

There is an "edit" button for a reason.

bread's done
Back