Dead Rising 2 (PS3/360) $47.99 @ Newegg FS

I got the $80 limited edition preordered on GS for $62 shipped. I am close to canceling the order. The multiplayer looked blah to me. I think it would be fun for a little bit then never play again unless for achievements. I want the movie disc and the syringe and notepad is dumb for the LE. I have a feeling this will drop down to $30 in no time for the reg edition....

Amazon dropped to this price once (for a brief time, a day or two at most) so I got my preorder with them for $47.99 then, so its not out of the question they might match this.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I see this game dropping quick, lately most Capcom titles have not held their value long.[/QUOTE]

just about no game hold their values anymore so the wise choice is to wait couple months for a possible 50% less than msrp. you get a new game at launch only if you are a big fan of it. For me, those are Gran Turismo, Ninja Gaiden, DOA, Forza, any Tomonobu Itagaki game, LittleBigPlanet, and Shenmue 3 (yeah sega, whevever you are ready). There are some titles i will get when they hit $20-30 mark like Resident Evil, Bayonetta, Street Fighter etc. Then the rest of the annual releases and dime a dosen fps/3rd person shooters can wait til bargain prices before i will even look at them.

[quote name='ryushe']I really wanna bite, but I'm worried that this'll maybe have the same "Crackdown 2" effect...[/QUOTE]

what do you mean by that?

[quote name='nightmare452']Amazon dropped to this price once (for a brief time, a day or two at most) so I got my preorder with them for $47.99 then, so its not out of the question they might match this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I managed to snag that deal as well on Amazon luckily. And honestly, and it was only for a period of like 2 hours one morning, which was crazy. Hopefully Amazon will match again so other folks can get this deal.

[quote name='juice3335']what do you mean by that?[/QUOTE]Well, what I mean by that is most of the charm the first Crackdown (and now in extiension, Dead Rising 1) had a lot to do with its "Jank." What I mean by that is, some of the best things about both games were aspects that weren't necessarily by design, like the orb collecting in the original Crackdown or the photo taking aspect in Dead Rising. Those were things that the general gaming populous found sorta' endearing despite the numerous problems each game had. Now usually when a developer hears, in abundance, why most fans loved the game, it is now their mission to make what 'we' found endearing (despite all of it's problems) and now make it one of the main focus' when making the sequel. And while they do that, often times they fail to make the "sequel" we need and just end up making the sequel we think we want.

That and both games were honestly products of their times. Both were pretty much released early in the 360's life span, so not only were they things we've never seen or played before, but they were honestly some of the few good games we had to play. Now, there's been games that has done bigger and better and instead of trying to make a game that's better than the competition, they're stuck in trying to make it better than their previous one.

And I'm not saying DR2 will fall into this category, but honestly, it's highly likely that it will. I hope not, though...

If you want it, just order now and buy Case Zero for 400 points/$5 when it comes out August 31st. You can always cancel later.

I got it on the 2-hour Amazon deal a while back and was a big fan of the first game myself....

informer

Hmmm im finding it hard to bite on this. The first game held the 60 dollar price for a while bit it's hard to tell if this is worth it....

Dead Rising was and is my favorite Xbox 360 title thus far. I'm not too worried about it having the Crackdown effect, but in the event it does I'll blame the suits for adding multiplayer to a game that didn't need it.

Also, thanks Ogami Itto, in for 1! ;)

Edit: Double take, as soon as Case Zero is out I'm pretty sure we will understand what we are dealing with, in terms of the game being an awesome sequel, or sucking. So if you're not willing to bite, just wait for Case Zero. *nod*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bo0']Hmmm im finding it hard to bite on this. The first game held the 60 dollar price for a while bit it's hard to tell if this is worth it....[/QUOTE]

Remember that was over four years ago and it was an exclusive.

I am going to have to be that guy since I remember this being discussed in another pre-order at newegg thread but forgot the answer. Do they charge before or when the item ships? Thanks

[quote name='thrasher086']I am going to have to be that guy since I remember this being discussed in another pre-order at newegg thread but forgot the answer. Do they charge before or when the item ships? Thanks[/QUOTE]

I would like to know too.

[quote name='ninja dog']dropping prices pre-release...never a good sign, but I really want this to be good.[/QUOTE]
Prices get dropped when they are competing with other retailers, doesn't have anything to do with the game.

bread's done
Back