Dead Rising 2 Xbox 360 $37.79 used at Gamestop.com

If anyone is planning on getting Vanquish next week you can score Dead Rising 2 for $30 when you buy Vanquish on the same transaction at Kmart.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']If anyone is planning on getting Vanquish next week you can score Dead Rising 2 for $30 when you buy Vanquish on the same transaction at Kmart.[/QUOTE]whoa, really? Might have to do this then. Will it work online or no?

Good post, but next time, don't list the price after CAG16 and EDGE. Though the price is obviously not a standard base, some people won't recognize this and get annoyed, thinking it is before CAG16 and EDGE. Plus, not everyone have an EDGE card.

[quote name='ryushe']whoa, really? Might have to do this then. Will it work online or no?[/QUOTE]

In store only, check out the Kmart sticky thread up above, the list of games you get $30 are in the OP. You also get a $20 off coupon for a future gaming purchase when you get Vanquish.

Thanks for the post! I've been waiting for this & NBA2K11 to come in stock used. Also, don't forget 'saver' for free shipping too.

The problem is that the game wasn't so hot. It gets boring quick, and there's limited replay value so this is gonna pile up used quick. I already kind of regret paying full price for it. I imagine we'll be seeing it for

[quote name='spmahn']The problem is that the game wasn't so hot. It gets boring quick, and there's limited replay value so this is gonna pile up used quick. I already kind of regret paying full price for it. I imagine we'll be seeing it for

[quote name='mr_bungle']I don't see why it's getting so much slack..and I don't know what people were expecting. It improves over the original, which is considered one of the 360's best exclusives. It's JUST like the original formula...personally I'm loving DR2.[/QUOTE]

yes, it does improve over original but it does not bring any new game play elements other than shitty multiplayer and overpriced DLC.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']yes, it does improve over original but it does not bring any new game play elements other than shitty multiplayer and overpriced DLC.[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right, the first game had lots of paddlesaws.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']yes, it does improve over original but it does not bring any new game play elements other than shitty multiplayer and overpriced DLC.[/QUOTE]

It has multiplayer? That's kinda dumb. I only bought it for the single player.

multi-player is fun. Its you and 3 other players battling it out like American Gladiators but with Zombies in it. Its quite fun. Plus whatever money you earn you can use in the single player campaign which canbe helpful when you need some Zombrex.

I went to gamestop. they didnt have any used games. the next store was called and they had used copies but they said they cant sell them because of the 15 day game policy so i would have to try back in 5 days.

so this is not a B&M deal :(

[quote name='ICEPICC']I went to gamestop. they didnt have any used games. the next store was called and they had used copies but they said they cant sell them because of the 15 day game policy so i would have to try back in 5 days.

so this is not a B&M deal :([/QUOTE]
That depends on what state you live in, here in Colorado they can sell it used on release day.

[quote name='ICEPICC']I went to gamestop. they didnt have any used games. the next store was called and they had used copies but they said they cant sell them because of the 15 day game policy so i would have to try back in 5 days.

so this is not a B&M deal :([/QUOTE]

No it's not. The op didn't list it in the title, but in his first post, he specified you have to use your Edge card discount and the CAG16 discount code to get it for this price. The CAG16 code is only available online.

And about the delayed sale thing. In the county I work in, they hold used games traded in for a month before they can sell them. In the county I live in, games can be sold the minute they are traded to the store. It has to do with the city/state/county laws.

I don't understand public reactions to this game. Case Zero was the hottest selling XBLA game in months, with the highest sales for any XBLA game in that timeframe, and yet I am the only one on my friends list of 25 or so people playing the full game.

This game is awesome, I have played it for longer periods of time than any game in awhile. Co-op is a blast, combining weapons is satisfying, and time management is actually pretty challenging (but not impossible by any means). Planning ahead is not something I thought I would do in a zombie video game, but thinking about if I were really in a similar situation, it makes absolute sense and works perfectly with the concept. I'd better not go check on the hostages in the Italian kitchen without bringing a homemade lightsaber and some juice mixes, for instance - never know what's gonna happen.

Managing your party once they've joined you is really simple, and handing them a good weapon makes things LOADS easier. I've even handled boss fights with a couple of stragglers armed to the teeth, and it was certainly not the bad idea it would have been in the first game. There are lots of little things in the game (modding dirt bikes, finding new rides, all the clothes and shit, blending drinks, etc.) that you don't NEED to do, but once you decide to try them out, you wonder "why haven't I been doing this all game?"

The only major caveat I have with it is that co-op saving is kinda shitty. You can load your character from a save you have and help them out in their campaign, but rather than just saving the leveling you've done to your character, the save you create is actually a save of THEIR game. So if you load from Day 3 with a level 30 character, and help someone out on Day One, your save will be of a level 30 character on Day One. Oh well. Doesn't wholly negate the fun I've had with online co-op. (And how has nobody mentioned that yet, but plenty have brought up the afterthought multiplayer that exists solely as an online bank?)

[quote name='maxim2boobles']i'm having trouble selling this game for $30 on craigslist. this games price is falling faster than hawx 2. :([/QUOTE]

The problem is the game was hyped and the market for it saturated rather quickly. The core audience that would buy it did quickly out of anticipation. Next come the bottom feeders like many of us (including me!)

[quote name='Brother Daz']That depends on what state you live in, here in Colorado they can sell it used on release day.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. This is most certainly a B&M deal. It just depends on where you live. Not everywhere has the same laws pertaining to the resale of goods. Some states, counties, or cities have laws that make pawn shops (GS is basically a used game pawn shop) hold onto goods for a certain period, in case they are stolen. It makes tracking them down somewhat easier. In New Jersey, it's the same thing as above. They can sell the item the moment right after they have bought it.

Not at all. The price is not YMMV. It's the same price at every GS. Whether or not it is available is another story. Technically, every in-store is YMMV. Stop getting pissy. We're not going to put YMMV on every, single GS used deal, just because people like you get bent out of shape over local laws.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Exactly. This is most certainly a B&M deal. [/QUOTE]

It isn't considered a B&M deal, since to get it for this price you have to use the online only CAG16 discount code and the $49.99 price is online only as well.

[quote name='mightymek']It isn't considered a B&M deal, since to get it for this price you have to use the online only CAG16 discount code and the $49.99 price is online only as well.[/QUOTE]

Well, that wasn't exactly what we were talking about. I forgot what topic I was in when I replied to what he said, so we I misspoke when I said it was a B&M deal. We were talking about game availability, though, and his complaints about pawn shop laws.

bread's done
Back