Dead Rising 2 XBOX 360 or PS3 Newegg $15.99 shipped

My personal recommendation is to still play this and skip Dead Rising 2:Off the Record, but that's just me. I think the improvements are minimal compared to what I feel is an inferior plot.

That said, you could probably find this cheaper. It's bound to be $10 at some point.

I haven't heard too much about this one. I really enjoyed the first one. I couldn't stop playing it for a while. I went for the Genocider achievement, but then I shortly stopped playing it.

[quote name='RollingSkull']My personal recommendation is to still play this and skip Dead Rising 2:Off the Record, but that's just me. I think the improvements are minimal compared to what I feel is an inferior plot.

That said, you could probably find this cheaper. It's bound to be $10 at some point.[/QUOTE]

Really? Whether or not you enjoy playing as Chuck Greene or Frank West more is definitely a matter of opinion, but you gotta admit that OTR's sandbox mode makes it a more appealing purchase.

This was $10 from gamefly a while back, last check it was still $14.95. It was also on amazon warehouse (and might still be) for $14.95

[quote name='JoshTX']Really? Whether or not you enjoy playing as Chuck Greene or Frank West more is definitely a matter of opinion, but you gotta admit that OTR's sandbox mode makes it a more appealing purchase.[/QUOTE]
That's what I wish DR2 had(sandbox mode), since I hate games with a time limit.:cry:

[quote name='JoshTX']Really? Whether or not you enjoy playing as Chuck Greene or Frank West more is definitely a matter of opinion, but you gotta admit that OTR's sandbox mode makes it a more appealing purchase.[/QUOTE]

Sandbox mode does not interest me in DR. I have more than enough time to do all I want to zombies even on proper runs through the game, and when you're level 50, you have no reason to go for side missions save for achievement hunting so there's even more time to kill. Murdering zombies just by itself has no value to me. They're there as obstacles to surmount to make the point A to point B trips you do constantly.

That said, DR2:OtR has slightly faster loads, some bosses are easier, story segments switched around here and there, zombie numbers seemed the same in both games, zombies will now brutalize grabbed survivors so you're back to DR1 style baby-sitting practically, and checkpoints at every zone and boss. Two new bosses (At the expense of one of DR2's best bosses) and one new zone with a few side quests moved there to give you a reason to visit.

[quote name='Blaster man']I'm waiting on Black Friday deals for everything now.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. If you think it could/should be lower, just wait until then. People not buying these things will drive the prices lower.

[quote name='joeboosauce']Ditto. If you think it could/should be lower, just wait until then. People not buying these things will drive the prices lower.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about this, but what's the difference between the regular game and OTR? Is it just a expansion?

[quote name='The Punisher']Sorry about this, but what's the difference between the regular game and OTR? Is it just a expansion?[/QUOTE]

I just got into dead rising but my impression is OTR is not the 'real' game and was only made to appease people that bitched about the dead rising 1 protaganist not being lead in 2.

I'm thinking dead rising 2 might be down to $10 at some stores. All the retailers are throwing out a lot of deals right now so people will buy before BF. It seems a bit desperate to me.

[quote name='Blaster man']I just got into dead rising but my impression is OTR is not the 'real' game and was only made to appease people that bitched about the dead rising 1 protaganist not being lead in 2.

I'm thinking dead rising 2 might be down to $10 at some stores. All the retailers are throwing out a lot of deals right now so people will buy before BF. It seems a bit desperate to me.[/QUOTE]

I have dead rising 1. Im bit confused between dead rising 2 and OTR. Are these the sames games?

[quote name='The Punisher']Thanks. So is the game guide dead rising 2 useless now if i get OTR?[/QUOTE]

There is a new guide for OTR. The old guide won't be that useful

bread's done
Back