Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition $24.95 @ eStarland w code ZOMBREX(limit 2 per customer)

[quote name='newtypex']$7 shipping though....hm[/QUOTE]
It's a pretty big set though, so hopefully that added shipping cost is made up for by being carefully packaged. After all, what good is a steelbook case if it's all dented/dinged/scratched, right?;)

[quote name='Nitro_']Amazon has it for $29.99 right now free shipping with prime, ps3 and xbox[/QUOTE]

i'm tempted by this.

would probably buy for $20. $30 is a bit high.

[quote name='xj_sky']i'm tempted by this.

would probably buy for $20. $30 is a bit high.[/QUOTE]
If it's good enough for IATCG, it's good enough for you. Just kidding.

$30 is about the price I'd pay given how it's not readily available (for the 360, especially).

this game was silly fun, but once you tried everything once, there wasnt enough to keep me going. there needed to be mini games, challenges and other things. besides getting the trophy for killing 52k zombies, killing zombies wasnt really needed.

I spent most of the game dodging the zombies instead of fighting them. I got the platinum trophy in one playthrough or so and was done too fast.

I bought the poker edition in hopes of winning that giant zombie statue they were raffling off. what a chump I was. Never even tried the poker set.

[quote name='ayepapajohn']Deal dead? It's back up to $49.95 new.[/QUOTE]

Gotta use the promo code (ZOMBREX)

Should change title to mention Amazon deal too...

$30 shipped isn't bad at all considering that's what the normal version is going for at most places. Shoot, at Gamestop it's $27 USED.

I had this for a bit and flipped it a while back and it was great, much better than 1 IMO. Zombrex Edition for $30 is extremely tempting, FINALLY got my trade in credit too (the received it Tuesday at 2 in the morning, just went through this morning)...

Great game, but the time limit hurt's the fun a bit. I still wish they let you turn off the timer after finishing the story or after accomplishing something.

[quote name='wrencrest']Great game, but the time limit hurt's the fun a bit. I still wish they let you turn off the timer after finishing the story or after accomplishing something.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but it's nowhere near as bad as in the first game. I do wish they just let you turn it off and do the missions in due time. I mean I understand having the limit for some things, like maybe you could accept missions and after you accept them some of them have a time limit. Or maybe just have a time limit on side missions and let you do the main ones in your own time.

They could of course then have a special achievement or two for beating it on the harder mode.

the timer is what kills this game for me. It feels like you have to hurry up through the entire game. I want have some fun tearing up the ZMS on my time. Nice deal though

[quote name='wellconnected']the timer is what kills this game for me. It feels like you have to hurry up through the entire game. I want have some fun tearing up the ZMS on my time. Nice deal though[/QUOTE]

i've hated games with timers ever since I started gaming for this exact reason. i hate being forced to rush through games.

Capcom developers admitted the only reason a timer is there is to rush you through the game so you can't explore and accomplish everything in one play through. That way, you'll have to do multiple play throughs to experience everything, thereby artificially giving the game replayability.

IMO, it's a sucky tactic, which is why I wouldn't pay more than $10 for this, but true fans seem to love it...then again, they're also the ones that insist that tank controls and not being able to move while shooting are part of the "charm" of Resident Evil games, so go figure. :bomb:

[quote name='Nitro_']Amazon has it for $29.99 right now free shipping with prime, ps3 and xbox[/QUOTE]
Sold by 3rd party but fulfilled by amazon. You'd get FSSS or Prime shipping, but you can't use your credits.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Capcom developers admitted the only reason a timer is there is to rush you through the game so you can't explore and accomplish everything in one play through. That way, you'll have to do multiple play throughs to experience everything, thereby artificially giving the game replayability.

IMO, it's a sucky tactic, which is why I wouldn't pay more than $10 for this, but true fans seem to love it...then again, they're also the ones that insist that tank controls and not being able to move while shooting are part of the "charm" of Resident Evil games, so go figure. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
I didnt mind the timer THAT much. It wasnt that bad. I liked the atmosphere of the game and it was well made, with good voice acting and great characters. I just wanted to have more time to fool around killing zombies in any kind of way while moving through the story at my own pace.

[quote name='xj_sky']i've hated games with timers ever since I started gaming for this exact reason. i hate being forced to rush through games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me too. Pole Position sucked.

Honestly, I never felt rushed when playing this. At least not nearly as much as I did with Dead Rising 1 which was nearly impossible to do everything in one playthrough. Granted you aren't killing 70k zombies and beating the game in one playthrough, but you can pretty much rescue everyone while still being able to continue the story.

The thing with DR is you don't have to do every single survivor rescue or kill every optional boss. It's totally up to you. If you want to just mess around until your next story mission you can do that.

In DR1 it was near impossible to rescue everybody on your first time through. In DR2, it's totally possible to do everything the first time. Your stats carry over when you start a new game so if you just want to mess around you can do that. The timer is there to add some tension and keep the game moving. It feels like you are actually only there for a few days.

The timer should not discourage you from playing this game. It's not there because of the lack of content.

bread's done
Back