Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition (360 & PS3) 34.99 + shipping @ Bestbuy.com

can you return it to the best buy store if you buy it online like that? Ive seen a lot of their boxes in terrible condition, if i order it and it arrives in crappy condition can i get my money back by bringing it to the store?

[quote name='Kenshindono']can you return it to the best buy store if you buy it online like that? Ive seen a lot of their boxes in terrible condition, if i order it and it arrives in crappy condition can i get my money back by bringing it to the store?[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy.com link on returning online purchases

Relevant quote:
Returning Online Purchases
You can return merchandise to a Best Buy store within the U.S. with the option of receiving a credit or an exchange. When mailing merchandise to our return center, your only option is to receive a credit for your purchase. You will receive a credit for your purchase if it meets the return criteria.

Any preference on systems? I already have this edition for PS3 but plan on keeping it sealed. I recently bought a 360 to play exclusives and this copy I'd be opening to play the game. I'm contemplating buying it for 360 even though I mostly play on PS3 because (unless I'm wrong) Dead Rising 1 is exclusive to 360 and it'd be nice to be able to playthrough both, even though I've heard DR1 is really frustrating due to save issues.

hmm.. whats it mean by 'credit' does it mean it goes back on your card or you get store credit? I would think you would just get your money back but i dont know, Best buy is pretty friggin lame

Damn it! I just picked up the normal edition for about the same price at Gamestop! I may have to see about trading some stuff in at BB and then ordering this online.

[quote name='Blinkerizo']Let's make amazon pricematch[/QUOTE]

Great game, the collectors edition has a lot of cool stuff too. Amazon had this deal before Christmas for $29.99 and free shipping so imagine they will match this one as well.

Thanks OP! I bought this game 2 weeks ago for $49.99 online from the BB site since I had some RZ certs that were going due. Called the toll free number just now for a price match and they are refunding my credit card $16! Total cost for this after the refund with my used RZ certs is $19.xx.

CAGing at its finest!

[quote name='kayatai']Bestbuy.com link on returning online purchases

Relevant quote:
Returning Online Purchases
You can return merchandise to a Best Buy store within the U.S. with the option of receiving a credit or an exchange. When mailing merchandise to our return center, your only option is to receive a credit for your purchase. You will receive a credit for your purchase if it meets the return criteria.[/QUOTE]

quoting again because no one answered... does credit refer to just in store credit or do they credit your credit card back the full ammount? I would think theyd just give you your money back, but you never know with bestbuy. ANyone ever done this? I needed to know before i bought it

Recently I bought a videocard (that the stores don't carry) off of Bestbuy.com and then returned it to the store, and then repurchased it so I could use a 12% off coupon that I had. Customer service had no issue with it.

[quote name='Blinkerizo']Let's make amazon pricematch[/QUOTE]

I submitted price match to amazon. Let's hope it sticks xD

Great price, and I am certainly tempted ... but the lack of in-game extras or DLC for this edition is making me think twice. I may wait for the basic edition to drop in price.

[quote name='Kenshindono']quoting again because no one answered... does credit refer to just in store credit or do they credit your credit card back the full ammount? I would think theyd just give you your money back, but you never know with bestbuy. ANyone ever done this? I needed to know before i bought it[/QUOTE]

'a credit' always means store credit.

I got this around that price a month or so after release on amazon. It might of been almost 50 but it was well worth it. The bonus disc movie thing is a waste i thought through. But the hardcase is so cool.

The good news is people are back playing the TIR online mode now!!! Nobody was hardly on back when i was playing it for 2 months way back. I recommend buying it now before the online is dead totally again if you care about achievements. The online is laggy bad at most times but that is from people hosting with a acky connection... I think so many people are still using the least expensive net there is out there. I know some people that only have one net provider so they are stuck with the issues. But i miss dedicated stuff...

[quote name='Interfeci']'a credit' always means store credit.[/QUOTE]

huh, tnx. Thats pretty strange. How can they get away with that? Id think if you bought something from them online you should be able to return it in store and get your money back. Seems strange they can limit you to store credit like that. Very strange

If thats the case i'll have to pass since if its crushed i want to be able to get my money back

[quote name='flix1']Great price, and I am certainly tempted ... but the lack of in-game extras or DLC for this edition is making me think twice. I may wait for the basic edition to drop in price.[/QUOTE]

Same. I picked up the DLC when it was cheap a few weeks ago. Waiting for the standard version to go sub $20 before I swoop in, since I've waited this long already.

[quote name='Kenshindono']huh, tnx. Thats pretty strange. How can they get away with that? Id think if you bought something from them online you should be able to return it in store and get your money back. Seems strange they can limit you to store credit like that. Very strange

If thats the case i'll have to pass since if its crushed i want to be able to get my money back[/QUOTE]
You should be given the option to exchange the item. I'm not sure about the nuances, but I remember ordering a set of DVDs that had been crushed. I brought it to the store, and a CSR reordered the whole thing for me.

Good find. Amazon has it for 10 bucks more. I'll get it from BB instead. I can wait on the delivery vs Prime if it saves me $10.

BB shipping has been really bad for me lately. So I'm not going to bother with this deal.

Last year they shipped my GT5 CE in a padded envelope. You read it right. They fucking put the big CE box in a padded envelope. Needless to say it arrived in such a beaten up condition that I straight away returned it to the nearest store for a refund.

The Zombrex Edition has a steel book packaging, so you're taking a big risk getting it shipped from BB. You can always return it but they may not refund your shipping charge (ymmv).

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Possibility BB will match this in store?[/QUOTE]

It's that price in the store right now.

It's even marked at that price on the shelf at my store.

bread's done
Back