Dead Rising $49.49 shipped!

Great deal/suggestion. Dead Rising is one game that I do not feel like waiting for, despite the lack of multiplayer.

You can, but when I went to check out with that game and that coupon, it said "We're sorry, one or more of the items in your basket do not allow the use of this service" next to the paypal option.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']in other words, no coupons with pay-pal payment?

bastards :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

That's wacky. I've used Buy.com's coupons and when they don't work, it's usually because it's a specific offer (10% off, for example) that ONLY works if you actually received the email.

If you didn't, you can try going all the way to the end of the checkout process, when it tells you it doesn't work.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']could you explain your process step by step please?[/quote]

I didn't do anything special. Just clicked the link at the top of the thread. (And I'm an existing customer...didn't have to create a new account or anything.)

Fry's has it advertised for $49.99. I'm going to PM it at BB and use some RZ bucks I have along with a GGC and try to get it for around $40.

damn, im jealous

i just want to use my pay-pal credit to get this for my girlfriend (huge zombie fan)

i guess ill just have to wait i suppose

i actually did that

it saw that i had the game in there, the coupon, paypal payment, and my shipping address. It kept taking me through this un-ending loop where i would go to check, verify everything, then try to finalize the order, only to repeat the process again and again :whistle2:(

Again, if you didn't actually receive the email with this offer, it WON'T work.

All of Buy.com's 10% offers are like that. They're associated with the email account you have on-file with them. It has nothing to do with paying with Paypal or a credit card.

I keep getting in the Buy.com cookie nightmare. I add it to my cart, then sign in, then it thinks that I have used it and cannot use it again. Ah well, I'll just wait till i can get it for under $50 in the store.

Does anyone know where I can pick this game up today? I have called all the major places and they said they won't get it till tomorrow or thursday, but there has to be a place that got it today since today is the release date.:roll:

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Again, if you didn't actually receive the email with this offer, it WON'T work.

All of Buy.com's 10% offers are like that. They're associated with the email account you have on-file with them. It has nothing to do with paying with Paypal or a credit card.[/quote]

Well...it worked for me. I have an account, did not receive that email, and clicked the link posted at the start of this thread.

There was another item in the cart already (a slingbox, I think)...I added Dead Rising, removed the other item, and that was all.

i paid 59, which kinda sucks, but at least the seller was in my home state.

Let me know when you guys actually receive your copy of this game. I will expect gloating if yours arrives before mine, and vice versa :)

I don't trust Buy.com. Bought 2 Light guns for DC from them years ago and it took 3 months to get them. I've never bought anything from them since.

buy.com has been great for me...always on the ball (ordered 9 items) I would recommend gamestop and paying the extra $10 so you can get the sweet t-shirt I got :) actually they are all large size..instead of the XL they get most of the time...chop till you drop..

[quote name='snart']Well...it worked for me. I have an account, did not receive that email, and clicked the link posted at the start of this thread.

There was another item in the cart already (a slingbox, I think)...I added Dead Rising, removed the other item, and that was all.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it didn't up in your spam/bulk folder? (most of mine do). Either way, you are a pre-existing account holder and these 10% coupons seem to go out to every member at one time or another every 1-2 months (esp. if you haven't bought in a while)....chances are that if you've bought from Buy.com before it's worth trying out, at least. If you haven't it won't work.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Are you sure it didn't up in your spam/bulk folder? (most of mine do). Either way, you are a pre-existing account holder and these 10% coupons seem to go out to every member at one time or another every 1-2 months (esp. if you haven't bought in a while)....chances are that if you've bought from Buy.com before it's worth trying out, at least. If you haven't it won't work.[/quote]

I do get frequent mailings from Buy.com. Read through them all, and didn't see anything about a 10% coupon.

[quote name='snart']I do get frequent mailings from Buy.com. Read through them all, and didn't see anything about a 10% coupon.[/QUOTE]

Well count yourself lucky my friend. Usually the only way it works is if you received the coupon...I have 3 different Buy.com accounts (different emails) and usually I can get 1 out of the 3 to take the 10%, so it's not a given. :)

Anyone manage to get the $5 off coupon to work? I just keeping get spit back out to my cart. I think because the total comes to less than $50 ($49.99) after the coupon is applied. Which makes no sense, but I think that's the problem.

[quote name='Chacrana']The Fry's ad today also has it for $50. I'm price matching the shit out of that... gotta get this game.[/quote]

Can you scan this ad and post it please?

I've used buy.com for years. The only problem I ever had is that they never sent a rebate on some DVDs I bought. Besides that, I've enjoyed their prices and selection.

thanks for the $5 off coupon. the 10% off one didnt work. apparently i used it already. but the $5 off coupon seems like it's going to work (have to hit the place order button)... AND i placed it. AND i got rejected. the coupon didn't work... not ordering.

[quote name='SAGExSDX']thanks for the $5 off coupon. the 10% off one didnt work. apparently i used it already. but the $5 off coupon seems like it's going to work (have to hit the place order button)... AND i placed it. AND i got rejected. the coupon didn't work... not ordering.[/QUOTE]

if the newly placed order total doesn't equal $50 it won't work.

[quote name='eastx']Great deal/suggestion. Dead Rising is one game that I do not feel like waiting for, despite the lack of multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

This is not a fucking deal, it's taking off the $10 markup that's placed on all "regularly" priced 360 games. I swear when I meet that "Wall Street Analyst" the game companies hired to justify the price increase for regular games in that article I'm going to want to rip his head off and piss down his throat. We as gamers are tolerating this shit too much, especially as CAG's.

Yes, it is better than paying $60... And of course I'd rather pay less, but I'll pay full price for a game if I want it bad enough.

[quote name='eastx']Yes, it is better than paying $60... And of course I'd rather pay less, but I'll pay full price for a game if I want it bad enough.[/QUOTE]

Slaps EastX across the room. You should be ashamed. About the ONLY thing I'd be tempted to pay $60 full price is a 1080p version of SMT and for me it's because the art is awesome.

If you're not interested in the game, fine. But $10 off on a new release game like this is a pretty decent deal. Stop pissing in other people's pools.

[quote name='Sarang01']Slaps EastX across the room. You should be ashamed. About the ONLY thing I'd be tempted to pay $60 full price is a 1080p version of SMT and for me it's because the art is awesome.[/QUOTE]

UH OH! INTERNET FIGHT!!!!!

bread's done
Back