Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop $24.36

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Rising-C..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1264032757&sr=8-2

Amazon has just one copy in stock for $24.36! I ordered the game when it was $26.44, and just in the last couple days it has dropped below $25.

While the graphics are primitive, and it's nowhere near the quality of Dead Rising on XBox, I must say it's one of the most entertaining games I've played in a while. I was watching my nephew play it, and he couldn't put it down.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']How is this a good deal? Not being an a-hole or anything but seriously isn't the game only $19.99 msrp.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I jumped the gun buying it for $26.44. From my perspective this is a decent deal (still $39.99 everywhere I've seen it). If I was 100% confident it'd be had "new" (emphasis on new- screw Gamestop and their selling me what they advertise as new but truly not) for under $20, then I wouldn't have posted this.

To me, if Amazon is only willing to sell it for $24.36 versus $19.99, then it says something. And yes they're out of stock as I write this.

Also, not to be rude, but who in the hell is Gamefunk? :lol:

[quote name='Donnums']I've heard nothing but bad things about this game.....almost $25 is pretty steep.[/QUOTE]

I'll put it this way. If you're comparing this to Dead Rising on XBox, then yes this game is garbage. However, graphics are the only thing that make it inferior in my opinion. I think if a game is fun, and if you get 15-20 hours of entertainment out if (it's the most over the top game I've seen in a long time, and it's amazing to me it came out on the Nintendo Wii), then $24-$27 is more than worth the price. My only regret is that I didn't hold out for the $24.36 price point (I paid $26.44).

From playing it myself, and watching my nephew play it, it's more than worth $25.

[quote name='Masterkyo']You can easy find this game Under $10-$15 in next few months. 360 version is superior compare to wii version.[/QUOTE]

They're not the same game, thus the name change--they are distant cousins. The Wii version is the plain Jane (but she can still party), the XBox 360 is the Beauty Queen (but you better have HD to read the small type--you're not allowed to touch her hair).

Fun can still be had with he Wii version. If u have a 360, skip this deal and dig up a used copy for the 360.

[quote name='donssword']They're not the same game, thus the name change--they are distant cousins. The Wii version is the plain Jane (but she can still party), the XBox 360 is the Beauty Queen (but you better have HD to read the small type--you're not allowed to touch her hair).

Fun can still be had with he Wii version. If u have a 360, skip this deal and dig up a used copy for the 360.[/QUOTE]

Well put. You go into a buy like this knowing it's the inferior product. Truthfully, I think the Nintendo Wii is a great system. However, Nintendo doesn't support 3rd party companies (like Capcom) like XBox360 and PS3 do. Therefore, any product released by a 3rd party could be much better than it ultimately is. Nintendo is all about the shovelware, and as a result the Wii gets a bad name among the hardcore gamers (which I consider myself to be).

I'd much rather spend $25 for a game I find fun (even though it looks like shit in 480p on my HDTV) than a game that's 1080p and sucks (Dark Void is the latest to fall into this category from what I've read).

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I'll put it this way. If you're comparing this to Dead Rising on XBox, then yes this game is garbage. However, graphics are the only thing that make it inferior in my opinion. I think if a game is fun, and if you get 15-20 hours of entertainment out if (it's the most over the top game I've seen in a long time, and it's amazing to me it came out on the Nintendo Wii), then $24-$27 is more than worth the price. My only regret is that I didn't hold out for the $24.36 price point (I paid $26.44).

From playing it myself, and watching my nephew play it, it's more than worth $25.[/QUOTE]

It's NOT just the graphics. Compare a maximum of 10 zombies onscreen at any time to hundreds onscreen in the original version. That's a major gameplay difference.

You can get more than 10 on screen, but yes, and as they've already mentioned, their gameplay's are different.
[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Also, not to be rude, but who in the hell is Gamefunk? :lol:[/QUOTE]
A decent site that hasn't had any notable deals recently, about a year ago they had (probably still have) Phantom Hourglass for $12. They had a few bargain bin titles like the Arcade Unplugged (new) for $1. One of their PR's unfortunately told slickdeals before CAG about the deals, so not a lot of people (here at least) got in on it. Nothing of worth on their site right now though (a lot of "bare" used games).

[quote name='Vegan']It's NOT just the graphics. Compare a maximum of 10 zombies onscreen at any time to hundreds onscreen in the original version. That's a major gameplay difference.[/QUOTE]

That's just fine for those of us who have yet to leap to current Gen.

[quote name='donssword']That's just fine for those of us who have yet to leap to current Gen.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I don't have a 360 or PS3 yet, either. But that doesn't mean I'm going to waste my time playing a severely gimped version of the original because I only have a Wii right now. I have a 360 copy that I got for $5 (much less than $25) for when I have something to play it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back