Dead Rising for $35?

[quote name='Brak']If you have an HDTV.[/quote]

I don't and I still love the game. The text isn't as hard to read as some people make it out to be.

[quote name='sp00ge']I don't and I still love the game. The text isn't as hard to read as some people make it out to be.[/QUOTE]
It depends on the television, as there is no universal television.

On my television, I can't read a single letter.

i just got mine new through buy it now on ebay for 37. i was gonna post the deal when it was going, as there were 2 available through the seller when i purchased...i went back to get the link and the 1 that was left was already gone...

[quote name='Brak']It depends on the television, as there is no universal television.

On my television, I can't read a single letter.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. I've got a 36" with s-vid and I can barely make out any text.

[quote name='Brak']It depends on the television, as there is no universal television.

On my television, I can't read a single letter.[/quote]

Same with me, I got it during the TRU B2G1 sale. I was expecting it to be good, but the text was bareable as first, but when I needed to get somewhere important, it became impossible. The lack of saves, and the jail escapees didn't help either.

EDIT: Oh yea, I haven't played it for months too.

[quote name='norkusa']Yeah, same here. I've got a 36" with s-vid and I can barely make out any text.[/quote]

That's what I have, and my TV is at least 10 years old. I have no problem with the text.

[quote name='sp00ge']That's what I have, and my TV is at least 10 years old. I have no problem with the text.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. You're right. It's visible on all standard definition televisions.

the text can be annoying depending on your TV.

$35 is not bad if you haven't played it yet. I have a feeling it's going to drop in price pretty soon.

I bought for real cheap late last year at Best Buy. They had a sweet deal on it, and then coupled that with GGC. A steal. Same with NCAA 2k7 and Viva Pinata, and also Double Agent. Deals, deals, deals.

QFT. I couldn't read a fucking thing. Gameplay was amazing though.

Thanks guys, I decided not to even though it was a good deal, I'm glad I did because I'm trying to find Rainbow Six Vegas right now.

[quote name='Apossum']I have a feeling it's going to drop in price pretty soon.[/quote]

Yeah, I figure it will cheaper soon anyway too.

Great game, but I don't think I understood 1 story element in the game..

Personally, I think the game should have been like oblivion where all the text was read to you.. I mean, atleast on the walkie talkie....

Great gameplay though I will admit, nothings better than making yourself a smoothie then going on a zombie killing rampage :D

Distance from the screen comes out to a huge difference too. In my little room when I was playing it I had no problem reading text when I was sitting at my desk playing (the 17" TV was on top of the desk,) but sitting back on my bed, I could hardly read anything.

bread's done
Back