Status
Not open for further replies.

spoo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Downloading now will update soon.

It is a big one at 1014.61 MB

Demo is around 15 min long before cutscene of zombies changing and end of demo.

Cutscenes that end the demo:
- Go outside to Leisure Park
- Go through warehouse door
- Go into Colby's Movieland
- Go into Entrance Plaza

Secrets:

- Upstairs at the Colombian Roasters jump over the balcony by the cash registers. Land on a orange awning that has a sword.
- Go straight to the first flight of stairs then jump on to the blue railing on the right follow the railing path until you find a SMG!
- Go to Jill's Sandwiches and collect a Condiment and Baking Ingredients, then go to Colombian Roasters and put it in the blender. Spitfire juice will pop out of the blender when you drink it spit on the Zombies.
- Heat the Frying Pan to melt some faces.
- First floor open a box behind staicase in hallway for Watergun and is also in the toy store with the servbot heads (thanks zoglog).
- Bowling ball behind counter at the Sport store.

Recipe list

Untouchable Drink (grants invulnerablility briefly/red) - orange juice+pie; orange juice+sandwich; pie+sandwich; 2 pies; 2 sandwiches.

Nectar Drink (heals full health/yellow) - orange juice+baking ingredients; orange juice+condiments; 2 orange juice.

Randomizer (sucks/black) - cooking oil+sandwich; cooking oil+pie; cooking oil+orange juice.

Spitfire (spits fire/blue) - cooking oil+condiment; cooking oil+baking ingredients; pie+baking ingredients; pie+condiments; baking ingredients+condiment; baking ingredients+sandwich; condiment+sandwich; 2 condiments; 2 cooking oils; 2 baking ingredients.

Zombait (attracts zombies/pink) - Untouchable Drink+Spitfire Drink

Energizer (supercharges you/green) - Zombait Drink+Randomizer Drink
Thanks Rabbit.
(this is all I have found so far)
More coming soon:

Books
Pics for PP
all weapons

If anyone kind find any thing I'm missing post it here and I will update post and give credit.

I'm so glad I decided to check the forums before going to bed.

Looks like I'll be blasting zombies all day instead of sleeping.

[quote name='Sporadic']I'm so glad I decided to check the forums before going to bed.

Looks like I'll be blasting zombies all day instead of sleeping.[/QUOTE]

19% so far.

I am so hyped.

My year long wait is almost over. :bouncy:

Damn it Microsoft. Every Friday I get up with hopes of sitting down to play a game I've actually bought and you give me another demo that I will clearly waste too much time with. :)

Damn, I need to start checking for new demos every Friday before I leave for work. This is pretty cool that they got this demo up, now I will know if I want to keep my pre-order.

Damn why did I check CAG before I wnet to work. Now all day at work Im going to want to play this. I guess it will have to wait...

Next time I hook up I am going to get this, Saint's Row and Ninety Nine Nights. Been wanting to play Dead Rising and Saint's Row so they should keep me busy for a bit.

[quote name='bmsdaddy']Anybody play it yet? 50% downloaded so far.[/QUOTE]

I have.

It's everything I wanted and more.

The zombies are perfect. They seem way too easy but as soon as you let your guard down that's where they get you.

The controls are a little wierd but I'm sure I'll get use to them eventually. The sludgehammer is insanely gratifying. Same with the shotgun and scyche.

I still haven't figured out how to throw stuff or run with the shopping cart.

-------------

Also for anybody wondering about the demo size here is the map that a goon put together.

http://imagesocket.com/view/deadrisingmap5iz768365.jpg

well this sucks I was up until 2:45 AM in hopes that it would come out and I could play it once before I go out of town, so now I get to download about half of it and then download the rest when I get back, hopefully I can get online when I'm gone so I can check reviews.

Damn it, I've got to run errands all morning and probably won't be back home until mid afternoon. Not to mention I'll propably play this instead of sleep when I get back, as I only got like 3 hours last night...

Damn, this is what I get for waking up late. What's up with these demos on Fridays all of a sudden? I'm not complaining but I figured when N-3 came out on a Friday it was a fluke and maybe they just couldn't get it out earlier, but now it's starting to look like Friday is demo day.

I've played through it about three times now. The combat actually seems a little bland to me, but the game makes up for it with the sheer amount of stuff that you can use against the zombies. I wish the demo would have included an objective of some sort, that way I could get a better feel on missions, but they give you a good sized chunk of the mall to explore.

A have a feeling the reviews on this one are going to be mixed due to the one-button combat approach. It's fun though, and I'm going to pick it up.

Great! I have to goto work! fuck! Atleast it will download while I am away....So I can play as soon as I come home. So can't wait for this game!

I CANNOT FRIGGIN WAIT. I've been wanting to play this for a year.. I have it preordered. Please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck!

[quote name='shipwreck']I've played through it about three times now. The combat actually seems a little bland to me, but the game makes up for it with the sheer amount of stuff that you can use against the zombies. I wish the demo would have included an objective of some sort, that way I could get a better feel on missions, but they give you a good sized chunk of the mall to explore.

A have a feeling the reviews on this one are going to be mixed due to the one-button combat approach. It's fun though, and I'm going to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

So, you are saying it's mindless fun :) Yeah, I like easy games that entertain me.

Man the Katana is aweomse but it doesn't last very long. BTW it's on the awning off of the Colombian roast store on the second level.

oh yeah... I was going to put off 360 playing until I picked this up next week... now I can at least try it out first... mindless fun... Im there

Would like to hear more about this, as this could be the title that sells me a 360.

The "one-button combat" comment does not sound promising. I'd hope the gameplay has some sophistication to it. If it's just a matter of running into a crowd and mashing, I may not be as interested.

[quote name='dothog']Would like to hear more about this, as this could be the title that sells me a 360.

The "one-button combat" comment does not sound promising. I'd hope the gameplay has some sophistication to it. If it's just a matter of running into a crowd and mashing, I may not be as interested.[/quote]

Agree with everything you posted. I was hoping this was the killer game that would make me buy the 360. If it is button mashing then it definitely isn't going to make me do that.

Once people have played please post what you guys think to help a couple people on the fence. Thanks.

Just spent about 45 minutes playing the demo. Graphics are good, controls are simple, and it was cool running around picking up objects to smash zombies with. Having objectives would defintely make it more interesting. I am going back for round 2 in a bit. If you like button mashing and killing zombies, it is definitely thumbs up (so far).

[quote name='Scorch']Those that have it, come on.. thumbs up.. one up, two up, one down, two down? Seem worth the $?[/QUOTE]
After two play throughs, I'm at about a one thumb up. Its exactly as described if you're reading the other reviews - great mindless killing fun - and the controls (while easy) seem just a little bit quirky. This hasn't deterred me in the slightest from getting the game next week - and I feel that the full retail release will open up a lot more. I too wish I could have had a side mission/case to get a feel of how that is.

Running through all the zombies with the shopping carts is pretty fun. Just hit "X" (imagine that) when you are holding onto the handle to start running.

fucking microsoft, Ninety Nine nights and Table Tennis downloaded perfectly and it refuses to let me DL Dead Rising or Saints Row....

Demo wasn't bad. A great variety in weapons. I experienced alot of collision detection problems though, (going through zombies, hits not connecting at point blank range, etc.). Also I didn't like how they setup some of the controls like the shopping cart and the manual aiming.

But overall it's what I expected. I'll pick it up when it's around $29.99 or less.

2 thumbs up from me, definately a great game if you want mindless fun...

Someone asked if there was a time limit. Yes there is, its not officially set on the screen but I was running around in the mall and eventually it went to a cutscene that said 7pm and the zombies were transforming and then it ended the demo.

Weapons I found included the following:
CDS
Case of soda
Cardboard Box
Acoustic/Electric guitars
Bench
Trash Cans
Shopping Cart
Police Stick
Hunting Knife
Shotgun
Axe (or it was a sledgehammer, wasnt paying attention)
Cash Register
Mop Bucket
Mop
Those yellow faced buckets
Orange Juice
Fryer Oil
Ketchup Bottles
Stools
Signs

There was more but I have to go off to work

Overall, I absolutely love it. Its just mindless fun with a simple control scheme that takes absolutely no time to learn. The mall is fairly big for a demo

From what everyone is saying, this game is starting to sound like a graphically enhanced version of State of Emergency with zombies. While a cool concept, the game sounds like it is going to be lacking. Let's hope there are actual missions that make the combat secondary.

Cool heads up Op. I'll have to DL when I get home from work.

I wonder how many CAGs are just like me? I want this to be a love/hate kinda game that I love. That way I can pick up a cheap copy fairly quickly.

Of all the days to wake up late :bomb:

I have to leave for work in an hour....Im debating if I should just keep it on while I work (I'll only be gone for like 3 hours) I dont want to stop it then restart it when I get home.

[quote name='Sweet Tooth']

Overall, I absolutely love it. Its just mindless fun with a simple control scheme that takes absolutely no time to learn. The mall is fairly big for a demo[/quote]

Same here. The rather simplistic controls and combat are a welcome change for me at least. Nothing says "fun" like throwing cd's at zombies.

[quote name='Kendal']OMG, thanks. I knew I should have checked marketplace before I went to bed.[/QUOTE]
When did you go to bed? I kept checking last night, I know it wasn't up at 1 AM EST.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'] Let's hope there are actual missions that make the combat secondary.[/quote]

There are, just not in the demo.

I have to admit, after playing the demo a couple of times I'm not as excited about the game as I once was, but I think since in the actual game you will be running around doing stuff other than just killing as many zombies as you can, it won't be anywhere near as bad as State of Emergency. Still, after playing the demo I can see the game getting a little stale after you've tried out most of the weapons nad played through the game a couple times. I'm predicting 7s-8.5s in reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back