Dead Rising on XB360 $9.99 shipped @ NEWEGG - buy buy

[quote name='chunlirocks']AMAZON is the best no-tax no-shipping site around:

:beer:

Classic game is classic. Not recommended for SDTV[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

I'd like to warn game collectors: Dead Rising has been a Platinum Hit for a long time now, so you'll probably be getting a Platinum Hit copy.

This is one of the really old PH games though, with a very ugly border around the cover art.

I'd recommend that people buy the Capcom Platinum His Triple Pack instead, which includes Dead Rising with the newer, better, rebranded PH label.

[quote name='boylover']I'd like to warn game collectors: Dead Rising has been a Platinum Hit for a long time now, so you'll probably be getting a Platinum Hit copy.

This is one of the really old PH games though, with a very ugly border around the cover art.

I'd recommend that people buy the Capcom Platinum His Triple Pack instead, which includes Dead Rising with the newer, better, rebranded PH label.[/QUOTE]

whats the difference in PH labels?

[quote name='yahoosale14']uhh, every site charges tax somewhere.

not sure i'd want a no-shipping site :D

why is it not recommended for SDTV?[/QUOTE]

The text on screen cannot be read in SD(wayyyy tiny). It was made for an HDTV. It's pretty annoying if you have an SDTV and there is no option to change it.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']The text on screen cannot be read in SD(wayyyy tiny). It was made for an HDTV. It's pretty annoying if you have an SDTV and there is no option to change it.[/QUOTE]

-.-

i've never heard of this being an issue before. any other games like this?

[quote name='yahoosale14']-.-

i've never heard of this being an issue before. any other games like this?[/QUOTE]

As the not-proud owner of a fat old SDTV, I'd like to say "damn near every game this generation"

[quote name='emeraldgsl']The text on screen cannot be read in SD(wayyyy tiny). It was made for an HDTV. It's pretty annoying if you have an SDTV and there is no option to change it.[/QUOTE]

i actually played this on a SDTV and had no problems.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']As the not-proud owner of a fat old SDTV, I'd like to say "damn near every game this generation"[/QUOTE]

really? halo 3, cod4,mw2, odst were all fine for me. iirc, fallout 3 was smaller than normal, but i think thaatt was just in general.

edit: i have a 28 in crt and my couch is perpendicular with the tv and im about 5 ft away from the tv.

my 32 in hdtv is 10 ft away from the couch and i find it near impossible to see sport scores.

Def make sure you do not buy this if you aren't using an HDTV like op says

Bought this game back when I was rocking a 27 inch tube tv and I literally had no idea what the fuck I was doing.

[quote name='yahoosale14']uhh, every site charges tax somewhere.

not sure i'd want a no-shipping site :D

why is it not recommended for SDTV?[/QUOTE]

not necessarily true if the site exists physically only in a no-sales-tax state, like delaware.

not sure if there are any like that though.

It's Dead Rising for 10 bucks. That's a good deal on a fun game. (Dead Rising is pretty "love it or hate it") I played it on an SDTV and claims of unreadable text are greatly exaggerated.

Although I didn't particularly enjoy the game, I think it's well worth the $9.99 price tag, tax or otherwise.

THANK YOU for posting it, chunlirocks.

[quote name='smoger']not necessarily true if the site exists physically only in a no-sales-tax state, like delaware.

not sure if there are any like that though.[/QUOTE]

realistically? thats not possible. no decent sized electronics company would only have one brick and mortar location that they own for shipping purposes.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']This has been this price on Newegg for months. and months.[/QUOTE]

Not only newegg, but on amazon for many many months as well.

Also, I just picked this game up from sears over the weekend for 4.97 on clearance, FYI. YMMV and in store only.

i agree with the SDTV comment.

i have no idea what went on in this game because the letters were too small. good game though.

bread's done
Back