Dead Rising Zombrex Edition $19.99 @ Newegg (360 or PS3)

Fun game, glad I picked up a standard version already, I am running out of room to store all these collectors editions extras.

What's with these CE deals lately, they've been killing my wallet. Guess I'm going to have to jump on this one too. Been holding off buying DR2 for quite some time, and $20 for the Collector's Edition is pretty impossible to pass up.

Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad I don't have money to waste at the moment or else I'd be wasting a sh#t ton of it on all these SE deals...

Got this for Xmas and still haven't opened it. LoL I'll get to it eventually.

Seems like these collector's editions always come up for clearance. Don't these companies learn that nobody cares and they don't sell? I don't get it.

I think $20 is the sweet spot for this. I imagine this will sell out; however they've been lingering at Amazon anywhere from $25 - $30 and they still have plenty of inventory so maybe not

My buddy's been begging me to get this game too, Hopefully the sales are still going on at the end of the month when I get my school money cause if so im gonna have to grab it.

Thanks for posting the deal. I've been wanting to get this for quite some time. I wish I didn't have to pay tax, but it's still the best deal around.

Awesome, thanks. Does anybody know if the 10$ off new customer code still work? (and what it was?)

[quote name='GBAstar']I think $20 is the sweet spot for this. I imagine this will sell out; however they've been lingering at Amazon anywhere from $25 - $30 and they still have plenty of inventory so maybe not[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of people were put off by the first game, I was one of them. Although I definitely recommend people try it because it's much better than the first (if you didn't like the first, that is).

although this game looks like crap, for 20 bucks i'll get one. Wonder if theres any other deals on Newegg right now actually while im ordering this

I'm so on the fence on this, it's not like they're extremely expensive already. It's like what $25-30 on Amazon. I can't spend money on this sadly to say. Thanks though, OP.

[quote name='Spafon']Awesome, thanks. Does anybody know if the 10$ off new customer code still work? (and what it was?)[/QUOTE]

Code is NEWCUSTOMER10
But your order must be $50 or more for it to work.

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Code is NEWCUSTOMER10
But your order must be $50 or more for it to work.[/QUOTE]

Code was invalid for me, I thought it stopped working? If it still works, it would say it wouldn't apply to you.

This was a no brainer (pun intended). Been looking forever for the 360 version to drop.

Free shipping and no tax. A clean 20$ is perfect for me. Already played through half of it on co-op with my roomate. Super fun game.

[quote name='karyadi']Code was invalid for me, I thought it stopped working? If it still works, it would say it wouldn't apply to you.[/QUOTE]
I couldn't get the code to work, but I contacted customer service and they said they would refund the $10 after the invoice went through.

FYI, PS3 Lucha LIbra $15/ MAG $13 / and Singularity $16.

[quote name='JKSonic']I think a lot of people were put off by the first game, I was one of them. Although I definitely recommend people try it because it's much better than the first (if you didn't like the first, that is).[/QUOTE]

I loathed the first, though I wanted desperately to like it. Can you tell me if the sequel has any of the following?

1. Old f**ker constantly harassing you on cell phone and if you move into a new area it disconnects and he calls back to bitch you out.

2. Zombies taking 2-4 hits to kill, paired alongside living human psychopaths who can be pumped full of 100+ bullets and not f**king die.

3. Retarded human survivors who would probably get themselves killed just walking around even if there weren't a zombie apocalypse happening.

4. The need to restart the game multiple times so you can take more pictures and level up so you'll be strong enough to get through parts of the game you wouldn't be able to on a single playthrough. (Absolutely miserable design decision IMO.)

5. One save point. Count 'em. One. Count 'em twice to be sure. ONE.

If DR2 has zero of these issues, I would consider trying it. But holy crap did DR1 ever piss me off.

Sold! I have been waiting for the regular to go on sale for less than $20.00. 19.99 for the CE edition this is almost too good to be true and still in stock :)! Brought a copy for the 360. I have a newborn baby so I know it will be awhile before I'll even be able to play but 19.99 is still worth it.

[quote name='karyadi']Code was invalid for me, I thought it stopped working? If it still works, it would say it wouldn't apply to you.[/QUOTE]

That's strange. It worked for me last week when I bought a new hard drive & external enclosure for my PS3.

It won't work If you've already purchase something previously with your account.

You've to create a new email account. Your credit card, shipping & billing info will still work.

Submitted price match to Amazon. Would definitely pick this up at this price as long as I didn't have to pay real money :)

Cool, I bought a copy for the 360. I've been close to buying it at the $30 price point in the past, so I'm glad I held off. $20 seems like a good price for just the game, and I loves me some collector's editions!

[quote name='morrodox']I loathed the first, though I wanted desperately to like it. Can you tell me if the sequel has any of the following?

1. Old f**ker constantly harassing you on cell phone and if you move into a new area it disconnects and he calls back to bitch you out.

2. Zombies taking 2-4 hits to kill, paired alongside living human psychopaths who can be pumped full of 100+ bullets and not f**king die.

3. Retarded human survivors who would probably get themselves killed just walking around even if there weren't a zombie apocalypse happening.

4. The need to restart the game multiple times so you can take more pictures and level up so you'll be strong enough to get through parts of the game you wouldn't be able to on a single playthrough. (Absolutely miserable design decision IMO.)

5. One save point. Count 'em. One. Count 'em twice to be sure. ONE.

If DR2 has zero of these issues, I would consider trying it. But holy crap did DR1 ever piss me off.[/QUOTE]

1 Dont remember
2 Yes
3 They actually attack in this one if they have a weapon
4 No pictures in this one, not sure about leveling up
5 Yes (I'm pretty sure, though I've never finished it)

bread's done
Back