Dead Rising Zombrex Edition $19.99 @ Newegg (360 or PS3)

[quote name='karyadi']LOL If someone didn't tell you, you're great. I'm going to do it, you're great. I can totally relate with the impulse buying. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Decided to impulse buy?
tumblr_lpaoihCONN1r0zbf9o1_250.jpg

[quote name='eau']Just wonder if newegg ships these in boxes or in padded envelopes? I think the CE has an outer cardboard box that's gonna get smashed if shipped in a padded envelope.[/QUOTE]

My NFL training camp wii game came in a box. My guess is that these will come the same way.

I got this for $30 on the PS3 a ways back and I have to say that this is one of the worst special editions ever. Seriously, even at $20 it's hardly worth it..

I feel sorry for all the people who paid full price for this.

[quote name='Vinny']I got this for $30 on the PS3 a ways back and I have to say that this is one of the worst special editions ever. Seriously, even at $20 it's hardly worth it..

I feel sorry for all the people who paid full price for this.[/QUOTE]
How about $20 for the game? That's a sweetspot I'll take.

I was so disappoint when I saw the big red "SOLD OUT" text earlier. Went to show it to my boyfriend some time later and the deal was back on! Yay! Ordered one right away and opted to pick it up from the warehouse instead of shipping. :) The warehouse is literally up the road from where I live.

Just submit a price match to Amazon. They'll match if they get enough, and then we won't have to worry about the whole "SOLD OUT" issue :)

[quote name='morrodox']I loathed the first, though I wanted desperately to like it. Can you tell me if the sequel has any of the following?

1. Old f**ker constantly harassing you on cell phone and if you move into a new area it disconnects and he calls back to bitch you out.

2. Zombies taking 2-4 hits to kill, paired alongside living human psychopaths who can be pumped full of 100+ bullets and not f**king die.

3. Retarded human survivors who would probably get themselves killed just walking around even if there weren't a zombie apocalypse happening.

4. The need to restart the game multiple times so you can take more pictures and level up so you'll be strong enough to get through parts of the game you wouldn't be able to on a single play-through. (Absolutely miserable design decision IMO.)

5. One save point. Count 'em. One. Count 'em twice to be sure. ONE.

If DR2 has zero of these issues, I would consider trying it. But holy crap did DR1 ever piss me off.[/QUOTE]

The people who posted before me are incorrect...

1) There are notifications of new survivors, but you are NOT forced to listen to Otis. If you were to cancel a call from someone in DR2, they don't bother you again with that call. You are NEVER in a situation where you're in a hoard and you become defenseless because of a phone call.

2) Weapons are a great deal stronger and more fun to play with in DR2, so most zombies - if killed with a combo weapon - die or are incapacitated with one shot. Psychopaths are equally weak to combo weapons.

3) survivor AI is much, much better in DR2. You can arm them, they fight back well, and they keep themselves out of trouble a whole lot better.

4) Pictures don't exist in DR2. Instead, there is the combo weapon system, which lets you duct tape two other weapons together to make a stronger one. Killing enemies with combo weapons gives you the extra PP for leveling up. It is possible to level up to max in the first play-through in DR2.

5) there are Three save points.

DR2 is a much, much more enjoyable game than the first. The timer is still there, which may annoy some but you should never be in a situation where you have to start over purely because you're too low a level to kill a boss. You CAN still start over, and in my opinion it's fun to do it due to the absurd fun of the combo weapon system. Assuming they weren't sold out, $20 for the CE of this game is an incredible deal you'd be foolish to pass up if you like zombies and/or open world games.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Just submit a price match to Amazon. They'll match if they get enough, and then we won't have to worry about the whole "SOLD OUT" issue :)[/QUOTE]

I'll hop over there and submit price match too.

amazon is seeling the same thing on 360 for 75 cents more. the playstation one is 7 dollars more if anyone is still interested

[quote name='krizax21']amazon is seeling the same thing on 360 for 75 cents more. the playstation one is 7 dollars more if anyone is still interested[/QUOTE]

The one at that price on Amazon is from a third party seller and has a $7.50 shipping cost.

[quote name='Rave Child']I just got mine from Newegg, and they packed it in a bubble mailer and it's pretty much destroyed. :([/QUOTE]

I'm sorry that sucks. I can't believe any reputable company would mail that in a bubble mailer... I would most definitely call them and request a refund.

Just got mine, and not to rub it in, but it is the most pristine copy of the Zombrex edition Ive ever seen, haha. I couldnt believe it! Shipped in a big box with a lot of packing, it looks totally untouched! So much so that Im mad at MYSELF - I creased the hard cardboard flap opening it up! You cant see it when the box is shut, but I had to really pry to open it because it was so crisp and rigid.

The brochure inside is creased to hell - but Ive read that with every copy. It was just too big to be packaged in the box, and its stuffed and folded in there.

all in all though this is easily the best deal Ive ever gotten from newegg. If I was a little more careful, this would be the most "mint" condition Zombrex edition ever!

[quote name='Rave Child']I just got mine from Newegg, and they packed it in a bubble mailer and it's pretty much destroyed. :([/QUOTE]

That is strange. Out of 50+ orders i have placed, I don't think I have ever once received a bubble mailer from Newegg. I have always gotten an over-sized box from them. Hoping that this time is the same.

The same exact thing happened to me too...

Same exact deal with me. I've got a decent amount of CEs unfortunately in bubble mailers before, but this one takes the cake for damage.

2011-08-08_14-45-54_310.jpg

814043351_photobucket_74451_.jpg

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']That is strange. Out of 50+ orders i have placed, I don't think I have ever once received a bubble mailer from Newegg. I have always gotten an over-sized box from them. Hoping that this time is the same.[/QUOTE]

everytime i order computer parts from newegg they always come in a packaging box with way too many of those annoying peanuts that always spill over because i have to dig for my items in middle of the box. i don't know what to do with them afterwards because i hate to just throw them away to sit in a landfill or worse yet blow everywhere on a windy day.

however, when i order single games from them, they always come in a bubble mailer.

Ouch!!! Sorry to hear they shipped in bubble mailers and wrecked the CE packaging. Honestly (and in their defense), I always assumed that people were more interested in what was inside the box. I never keep my CE packaging anymore because it takes up too much space.

Update: Just got done with their live chat customer service. They sent me a UPS shipping label via e-mail and will send me a replacement.

I just got mine and like others, came in a bubble mailer and is damaged. I am currently in "line" with their online customer support chat. I will post an update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they ship by UPS for those who got theirs in a bubble mailer? What's the weight of the package as shown on the UPS tracking website?

[quote name='PaulDE01']I just got mine and like others, came in a bubble mailer and is damaged. I am currently in "line" with their online customer support chat. I will post an update.[/QUOTE]

I just spoke with someone online as well. He said they could just replace my copy. He had me open up the game to make sure the discs were okay :roll:

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I just spoke with someone online as well. He said they could just replace my copy. He had me open up the game to make sure the discs were okay :roll:[/QUOTE]

Whoever I talked to didn't ask me to open it up.

Mine was shipped UPS, bubble mailer. Around 2 pounds I believe.

[quote name='eau']Did they ship by UPS for those who got theirs in a bubble mailer? What's the weight of the package as shown on the UPS tracking website?[/QUOTE]

wow and here i thought $30 would be the low point for this. Haven't even opened mine from when I got it at that price a while back. Oh well...

Man these companies must be pissed cause all these higher end editions always seem to hit rock bottom brand new... I guess that is why they lower the quality of games and milk us on dlc so much now and the online blah pass.

This edition rocks the steel case alone is worth it. The pen is cool to people think i am nuts using it in public. Muhahahahaha

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']That is strange. Out of 50+ orders i have placed, I don't think I have ever once received a bubble mailer from Newegg. I have always gotten an over-sized box from them. Hoping that this time is the same.[/QUOTE]

They send me games in bubble mailers but the rest of there products come in boxes for me. It might depend on location they ship from? I can not remember them not coming in a bubble mailer but mine all come fine which is shocking cause i ordered a bunch the last 1+ years.

Mine was in a bubble mailer too. The outer box is really banged up but the contents are fine, which is all I really care about.

[quote name='morpheus47']Mine was in a bubble mailer too. The outer box is really banged up but the contents are fine, which is all I really care about.[/QUOTE]

Same with mine, luckily its a present for someone who doesn't really care about LE's.

bread's done
Back