Dead Rising Zombrex Edition $19.99 @ Newegg (360 or PS3)

Just received mine, it was in a box. Everything packaged well, definitely worth it just for the steelbook like FNL 4EVA stated. I just wish they didn't have to put the stupid Xbox Certificate of Authenticity stickers on it. Ah well, I'll get over it. Can't wait to try this game out tonight, I enjoyed the first one a lot, and I've heard good things about the second.

[quote name='ferrari91169']Just received mine, it was in a box. Everything packaged well, definitely worth it just for the steelbook like FNL 4EVA stated. I just wish they didn't have to put the stupid Xbox Certificate of Authenticity stickers on it. Ah well, I'll get over it. Can't wait to try this game out tonight, I enjoyed the first one a lot, and I've heard good things about the second.[/QUOTE]
What's the weight as shown on your UPS Tracking webpage?

Got mine today (well, technically yesterday) in a box full of peanuts, as I imagine will be the case for most California customers. I suppose that makes it worth the tax. In any case, I'm happy to report that everything is in perfect condition and I'm quite happy to see that this will fit on my shelf with the other games. I have very few limited/collector's editions, but the ones I do have are stuffed in the entertainment center because they're too big. For anyone who cares, the UPS label says this is 2 pounds. But I'm fairly certain the bubble mailers will be the same because all of the weight is in the game and not the packaging.

[quote name='chunlirocks']both of my copies came boxed.

No bubble mailers and minty.[/QUOTE]

My copy came the same way.

[quote name='sadunk']Have these come back in stock over the past couple days? If not, change the thread title to DEAD please.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you want to get technical...

Mine came in yesterday in a box that was mangled. Result: the bottom of the outer box is mashed. I haven't decided whether it's worth calling Newegg to harangue them about it.

Just got mine today in a bubble mailer and the left side of the box is a little banged up but its fine.

I got my copy today, also in a bubble mailer. While the outer box has noticeable bends, it's not that bad considering everything inside is in perfect condition.

Mine copy came yesterday in a box filled with peanuts. Still have yet to receive an item from Newegg in anything but a box. It probably has something to do with where it is shipping from/ how far it is being shipped.

Got mine today, CA to NJ, in a bubble mailer. The outer box is only a little bent, but def not mangled. It's in fairly good condition. Everything inside is terrific too, except the syringe pen box is a little bent on one end.

20 bucks, great deal, regardless.

[quote name='warreni']Mine came in yesterday in a box that was mangled. Result: the bottom of the outer box is mashed. I haven't decided whether it's worth calling Newegg to harangue them about it.[/QUOTE]
For what it's worth, dealing with their customer service is usually pretty painless.

Mine came in a bubble mailer and was moderately crushed on one side/corner. Probably about as good a condition as you could expect something like that shipped in a bubble mailer via UPS. The steelcase was in perfect condition inside through, only the zombrex pen box was a bit crushed.

[quote name='giantqtipz']This reminds me that dead island is coming out soon[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

Back on the topic of the crushed box, I didn't expect it not to be, considering it went from CA to SC.

Came mint in box, packaged with utmost care.
Newegg is my new Amazon now & Amazon is really stooping to the level of old Newegg in my case.
Their packaging of art books & collector editions sucks big time lately

[quote name='Amc5kidz']Bought 2 and came in a box - perfectly mint. Lovin' Newegg these days too![/QUOTE]

Yea, bought 2 and it also came in a box.

My 360 copy came in a box filled with peanuts. In perfect shape.

I ordered mine when it came back in stock in that afternoon. I wonder if the batch shipped out later received a better treatment.

Received mine in a mailer and the box was slightly crushed. Wonder if it made any difference if you bought the PS3 or 360 version. I bought the PS3.

[quote name='eau']My 360 copy came in a box filled with peanuts. In perfect shape.

I ordered mine when it came back in stock in that afternoon. I wonder if the batch shipped out later received a better treatment.[/QUOTE]

damn lucky you

The inner OCD in me just couldn't let the box thing go. :roll: I called customer service and asked for a replacement. I lol'd when the first question the guy asked me was, "Does it look like it was smushed by an elephant?" :lol: He was actually pretty helpful, a lot better than the crabby old ladies you usually get at CS. My claim was issued and approved in a matter of 3 hours. :applause: I just checked my e-mail and saw that I had been refunded the whopping $10 I paid, so I called him and explained to him that I explicitly never asked for a refund and wanted a replacement and didn't wanna give mine back. GET THIS! He was pretty apologetic about the whole situation, and told me to just keep it, and my refund would stand! :bouncy:

[quote name='RealDeals']The inner OCD in me just couldn't let the box thing go. :roll: I called customer service and asked for a replacement. I lol'd when the first question the guy asked me was, "Does it look like it was smushed by an elephant?" :lol: He was actually pretty helpful, a lot better than the crabby old ladies you usually get at CS. My claim was issued and approved in a matter of 3 hours. :applause: I just checked my e-mail and saw that I had been refunded the whopping $10 I paid, so I called him and explained to him that I explicitly never asked for a refund and wanted a replacement and didn't wanna give mine back. GET THIS! He was pretty apologetic about the whole situation, and told me to just keep it, and my refund would stand! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Very cool. Out of curiously why would you expect to be given a replacement AND get to keep the damaged item? I know it some situations where the item has very little value and is expensive to ship companies will let you keep the original item and send you a new one but I don't see this game falling into that catagory

[quote name='GBAstar']Out of curiously why would you expect to be given a replacement AND get to keep the damaged item?[/QUOTE]
He never said he did. Considering the fact that he referred to it as a replacement, it sounds like he expected to send the damaged copy back. And if he expected to keep his game while also getting a new one, I don't think he'd be excited about the refund, especially considering that he could get more money by trading in the extra copy.

[quote name='RealDeals']The inner OCD in me just couldn't let the box thing go. :roll: I called customer service and asked for a replacement. I lol'd when the first question the guy asked me was, "Does it look like it was smushed by an elephant?" :lol: He was actually pretty helpful, a lot better than the crabby old ladies you usually get at CS. My claim was issued and approved in a matter of 3 hours. :applause: I just checked my e-mail and saw that I had been refunded the whopping $10 I paid, so I called him and explained to him that I explicitly never asked for a refund and wanted a replacement and didn't wanna give mine back. GET THIS! He was pretty apologetic about the whole situation, and told me to just keep it, and my refund would stand! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ZombieToast']He never said he did.[/QUOTE]

I'm reading "....and wanted a replacement AND didn't wanna give mine back." as just that...

Sorry if I wasn't clear, what I mean is that he gave me a refund so I thought I'd have to give it back now. I called him hoping either to get my refund reversed, and in the best of scenarios, to also get a replacement for the damaged one, which is initially what I set out to do. When I told him that I got a damaged one AND that my order was refunded when I said I was only interested in a replacement, he got pretty apologetic and let me keep the game and said my refund would stand. :cool: I wasn't even mad or concerned about it, just happened to walk into a lucky situaution. ;)

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm reading "....and wanted a replacement AND didn't wanna give mine back." as just that...[/QUOTE]
Okay, I'll concede...after re-reading that, I guess it does sound that way, but I think it was just bad wording on his part and based on the above post, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Xbox version back in stock but for $49.99 though.

At least those of you who got a crushed one can possibly ask for a replacement.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Okay, I'll concede...after re-reading that, I guess it does sound that way, but I think it was just bad wording on his part and based on the above post, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.[/QUOTE]

You're probably right. I didn't mean to start an argument :)

[quote name='eau']Xbox version back in stock but for $49.99 though.

At least those of you who got a crushed one can possibly ask for a replacement.[/QUOTE]

I was too goddamn late! I hope it goes back down to $20 :cry:

got mine yesterday after the 3rd delivery attempt, great buy from newegg! mine came in a box and undamaged. great pen too!

[quote name='GBAstar']You're probably right. I didn't mean to start an argument :)[/QUOTE]
Oh, no worries. It's pretty hard to avoid arguments when I'm around. Ha ha.

[quote name='merchie89']the pen is my favorite part[/QUOTE]

The pen would is cool, but the design itself isn't unique. I work with a medical company who has given me a couple dozen of these identical pens for free (with their logo of course). Just a generic pen with a Dead Rising themed logo stamped on it unfortunately. The liquid in the inside will unfortunately dry up after a while as well.

Haven't opened mine yet but I hear some rattling in there (not disc like), the pen I suppose.

Came in a box though and looks great.

bread's done
Back