(Dead) Sale @ BB Uncharted 2 GotY $20, PoP: Forgotten Sands $10, Infamous $10 & more!

xxjonoxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
ALL SALES ARE DEAD AS OF 5/15

Best Buy dropped the price on a bunch of games today, with some decent deals. The sale will last all week according to Nealocus123 here. Highlights:

:ps3: Infamous PS3 - $10
:ps3: Dead to Rights Retribution PS3 - $10 - Removed from the website, but can still be bought in-store
:ps3::360::wii: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PS3 360 Wii - $10
:ps3::360: Clash of the Titans PS3 360 - $10
:ds: Picross 3D DS - $10

:ps3::360::wii: Shaun White Skateboarding PS3 360 Wii - $12

:ps3: Uncharted 2: Game of the Year Edition PS3 - $20
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time PS3 - $20

:3ds: Samurai Warrior Chronicles 3DS - $25

:pc: Portal 2 PC - $30
:360: Dance Central 360 - $30

:ps3::360: Portal 2 PS3 360 - $40
:ps3::360::pc: Dragon Age 2 PS3 360 PC - $40
:ps3::360::pc: Bulletstorm PS3 360 PC - $40
:ps3::360: Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed PS3 360 - $40

:ps3: Gran Turismo 5 PS3 - $50
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 PS3 - $50

:ps3::360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition PS3 360 - $55

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, I didn't get to check the TRU clearance for Prince of Persia (which I'm guessing is gone in my area since we only got 1 TRU).
1c difference isn't to much to pay, + I got some BB GCs waiting to be used.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Damn, I just bought Picross 3D from them last week. Ah well.[/QUOTE]

I've been reading so much about price adjustments and stuff. I don't know, personally, but I think you have time to get the price difference back. You should message 'The Master' **Enuf** and ask. "Enuf" would know.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Damn, I just bought Picross 3D from them last week. Ah well.[/QUOTE]

Just bring your receipt in to customer service (no need to bring the game back in at all) and tell them the price is lower now, and you want the difference back, within 30 days of purchase.

Halo Reach Limited Edition is $50 it looks like, if this is in-store as well I know at my bestbuy it's one of the games with the 50% off clearance sticker on it so if you can manage to get 50% off this price it will be only $25, not too bad since it trades in for that for people who want the limited edition goodies.

[quote name='onyzukae']same price at store?[/QUOTE]

Even if it's not, they price match their own web site.

Of you could do in-store pickup and get some Ebates cash back.

Nice, I just traded in Uncharted 2 regular edition for $20 at BB this weekend. Will pick up the GOTY for the same price.

Also have been waiting for ~$20 to try samurai warriors 3ds.

dead to rights on PS3 is nowhere within 30 miles of me... I can't even do free ship to store and pick up, like the option walmart has? Ordered myself a copy for 12.XX from Amazon.com

[quote name='CaoPi']dead to rights on PS3 is nowhere within 30 miles of me... I can't even do free ship to store and pick up, like the option walmart has? Ordered myself a copy for 12.XX from Amazon.com[/QUOTE]
I think this game is also $9.98 at TRU if you can find it there.;)

[quote name='joshxx']What console version do you recommend for POP?? i keep hearing Wii is the best one , can anyone confirm this[/QUOTE]

I had it for the ps3 andi thought it played great BTW it was the easiest platinum to get

I was always curious about the Clash of the Titans game since it's made by Game Republic, but then I saw the reviews. Good price, but no thanks.

Already got Uncharted and PoP, but those are some great prices. Although, for $10, I might jump on Picross 3D.

[quote name='jer7583']Nice, I just traded in Uncharted 2 regular edition for $20 at BB this weekend. Will pick up the GOTY for the same price.[/QUOTE]

Oh nice, I'm going to do the same thing. (Gonna trade in MoH as well)

If you have a DS and don't have Picross 3D, get it. I can't even tell you how many hours I put into that game to 100% it. It's pure addiction.

[quote name='illennium']If you have a DS and don't have Picross 3D, get it. I can't even tell you how many hours I put into that game to 100% it. It's pure addiction.[/QUOTE]

This I can verify 100%. Fantastic game--probably my favorite overall DS game.

Cosigned on Picross 3D, it's amazing, accessible, and just a lot of fun. The perfect Sunday morning, play-with-a-cup-of-coffee game.

I'm tempted by Samurai Warriors 3D. Strangest Mother's Day sale item ever. :p

[quote name='SuperMario64']Hey OP you forget the best PS3 game there: Ratchet and Clank![/QUOTE]

Which one is on sale?

I know my Bestbuy doesn't have Prince of Persia (PS3) and Dead to Rights (PS3). Tried doing ship to store and it told me that it wasn't allowed for those 2 games. So with shipping it'd cost about $28. I think I'm going to pass.

Do you guys think the trade price will hold for normal Uncharted 2 due to this price of the GOTY? I am unable to make it to Best Buy for the trade in until tuesday but I can order it online so I lock it in at the 20 dollar price

In for Uncharted 2! Glad since I didn't get a chance to pick it up during Fry's sale.
[quote name='illennium']If you have a DS and don't have Picross 3D, get it. I can't even tell you how many hours I put into that game to 100% it. It's pure addiction.[/QUOTE]

Seriously! I remember when I first played that game I was like "this game sucks...but can't put it down!!!". I even got my sister addicted to that game and it's hard to find a game she can enjoy. Me and her even had a race to see who can finish it first. Fun.

[quote name='guardkitty']Do you guys think the trade price will hold for normal Uncharted 2 due to this price of the GOTY? I am unable to make it to Best Buy for the trade in until tuesday but I can order it online so I lock it in at the 20 dollar price[/QUOTE]

They just updated the list today, so I think it will stay at $20 TIV until Tuesday. There is a thread for this fyi http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289581

[quote name='joshxx']What console version do you recommend for POP?? i keep hearing Wii is the best one , can anyone confirm this[/QUOTE]

The Wii is a different game entirely than the 360/PS3 versions. Reviews seemed to think more highly of the Wii version but from what I hear they are similar in design, but different in levels/enemies/moment-to-moment.

damn nice prices, about time BB has something decent..only thing I don't have really is Clash of the Titans, but I'm sure I can pass..now a 3DS game for $25?..maybe just maybe..

[quote name='opportunity777']Uncharted 2 has the DLC in token form, so I think I'll pass since PSN is down anyways.[/QUOTE]

Because it's never coming back up? That's an odd reason to just skip the sale entirely on what I imagine is many people's pick for best PS3 game ever.

I tried to hold out for another Picross 3D sale after I heard of the previous one, but I caved eventually and got a used copy. Oh well, fun game.

Tax and shipping added another 5 bucks, putting it $2 less than what amazon is offering right now. Submitted for price match to take advantage of prime, and suggest others do the same.

*referring to Uncharted 2

So we trying to price match this with Amazon? Would be nice...

I guess I'm the only one interested in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Collector's Ediition at $55. Or at least caught my eye. Probably can wait out longer. Definitely saw stacks of these at Best Buy's over the past week. Originally at a ridiculous $100.

The shipping pretty much killed it for me. $6 shipping for 2 games makes the deal not as impressive.

Will try to pricematch at some other store I guess.

[quote name='solohunter']awesome, getting new vegas - has the game been patched so that it's not broken anymore? how broken was it to begin with?[/QUOTE]

dude, I wouldn't do it..didn't you see that article where the latest patch needed a patch? its just not good news. I bought it launch day, played for 20 mins with the guide in hand. When I learned you couldn't do some side missions perfectly b/c there was no way to get your level high enough at the time, I just gave up and haven't touched it sense. I'm sure there are a lot of die-hards out there, hell Fallout 3 was gold compared to this. I was really disappoint with NV..

Great deal on Uncharted 2. I traded in my regular copy of it today, received a $20 giftcard and got Uncharted 2 GOTY nearly free (had to pay 99 cents tax lol). I would recommend anyone that has Uncharted 2 but doesn't have the DLC or the GOTY to do the same.

bread's done
Back