[DEAD] Scarface Limited Edition Steelbook - $11.99 @ Amazon.com

[quote name='cheapasszig']At BestBuy is a better deal @ less than $13 w/ tax.[/QUOTE]

Eh, it'd be like $14.29 after tax at BB for me. Then I'd have to factor in roughly $2 in gas.

So it's really about the same price either way for myself and likely some other people.

good I should be getting a refund because I bought it for 20+tax

[quote name='pjb16']Eh, it'd be like $14.29 after tax at BB for me. Then I'd have to factor in roughly $2 in gas.

So it's really about the same price either way for myself and likely some other people.[/QUOTE]

Where do you live that you pay 19% sales tax?

[quote name='junglalien']Where do you live that you pay 19% sales tax?[/QUOTE]

He lives in Denham Springs, LA and the sales tax there is 9.5%.. so it'd be more like $13.12.

[quote name='junglalien']Where do you live that you pay 19% sales tax?[/QUOTE]

The other guy said $13 w/tax, so I assumed he was not factoring tax (ie a $12.99 price).

And as mentioned, it's 9.5% tax here.

[quote name='pjb16']The other guy said $13 w/tax, so I assumed he was not factoring tax (ie a $12.99 price).

And as mentioned, it's 9.5% tax here.[/QUOTE]

If he meant that, it would have been a +, not a w/.

Just for future reference,

the-more-you-know.jpg

[quote name='Squarehard']If he meant that, it would have been a +, not a w/.

Just for future reference,

the-more-you-know.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yea, thanks. :roll:

It especially makes sense that he'd cite the after tax price when tax varies for everyone.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Finally dropped another $4 for just $11.99.[/QUOTE]
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for the heads-up!

Is the BB copy the same as that of Amazon's? I'm asking because BB's description is not that detailed as that of Amazon's... And what's up with the one star rating? I think this deal at least 3.5 stars.

[quote name='Serpentor']Is the BB copy the same as that of Amazon's? I'm asking because BB's description is not that detailed as that of Amazon's... And what's up with the one star rating? I think this deal at least 3.5 stars.[/QUOTE]
This deal is 5 stars, lol. Originally Amazon had a higher price by $4 or so than Best Buy, so somebody gave it 1 star. But after the price match I think it's a no-brainer.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I love this description from AWD

It's a steelbook, how can it be missing cover art???[/QUOTE]
I think its the paperback cover.

I picked up a copy at Wal-Mart on Friday for $10, but it may have been a price for Friday only. The regular version of Scarface was one of the Black Friday $10 Blu-rays. The steelbook version was back in electronics, but I scanned it on the faint hope that it might be $10 as well.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^So did the steelbook ring up at $10?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it did.

I am not certain if it had anything to do with the other version being on sale. If so, it may be regular price again.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']yeah but tax kills the deal.[/QUOTE]

92 more cents? for me anyways not a deal breaker still good IMO

thx to the poster who posted Best Buy link I got it there, got a week anytime to pick up with ship to store. it beats waiting 1-4 backorder weeks for the now wait on amazon.

[quote name='Edwin29']Well, in Bestbuy is 11.99 at this moment.[/QUOTE]
I am curious though the Best Buy one is the steelbook version right w/ extras playing cards etc? should have asked before ordering ah well LOL

[quote name='bobright']92 more cents? for me anyways not a deal breaker still good IMO

thx to the poster who posted Best Buy link I got it there, got a week anytime to pick up with ship to store. it beats waiting 1-4 backorder weeks for the now wait on amazon.[/QUOTE]

yeah its been back ordered since the first day they matched bestbuy. thats why i didnt bother canceling my bestbuy order (i bought it wensday? or thursday?) anyway they shipped it via ups and its schedueled to come monday. great deal from bb imo. also grabbed dark of the moon from them as well for $10. ill gladly pay the tax (6% here) to not have to wait 1-4 weeks, and also not have to find filler items for fsss (dont have prime) and to have much faster shipping speeds.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']yeah its been back ordered since the first day they matched bestbuy. thats why i didnt bother canceling my bestbuy order (i bought it wensday? or thursday?) anyway they shipped it via ups and its schedueled to come monday. great deal from bb imo. also grabbed dark of the moon from them as well for $10. ill gladly pay the tax (6% here) to not have to wait 1-4 weeks, and also not have to find filler items for fsss (dont have prime) and to have much faster shipping speeds.[/QUOTE]
Yup it's awesome I ordered last night right before 12am and just now was notified that my orders ready for pick up. I hope it's got all the extra goodies or else I'll probably just return. If it says limited edition it should have them right?

[quote name='bobright']Yup it's awesome I ordered last night right before 12am and just now was notified that my orders ready for pick up. I hope it's got all the extra goodies or else I'll probably just return. If it says limited edition it should have them right?[/QUOTE]

yup its the l.e steelbook, or at least its supposed to be. if not they will likely let you get the l.e, since thats what the website describes it as.

I think I might be the only person that thinks Scarface is the most overrated movie of all time. I seriously can't stand that movie. My buddy thinks it's amazing and asked me to pickup the steelbook if I stopped by Best Buy, I said I wouldn't on principle alone and I wasn't joking lol

[quote name='Detective Thorn']Yes, it did.

I am not certain if it had anything to do with the other version being on sale. If so, it may be regular price again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately Wal-marts prices ended at midnight. #-o

bread's done
Back