(DEAD) Shadow of the Colossus 13.69 with FSSS/Prime on amazon

Holding out until they reveal the inevitable HD collection with Ico :D

Maybe as soon as TGS.

[quote name='mitnosi']Holding out until they reveal the inevitable HD collection with Ico :D

Maybe as soon as TGS.[/QUOTE]
I Hope, I didn't get to play either game :(

[quote name='mitnosi']Holding out until they reveal the inevitable HD collection with Ico :D

Maybe as soon as TGS.[/QUOTE]

Rumor has it that it'll come out next summer, so far away...:drool:

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Rumor has it that it'll come out next summer, so far away...:drool:[/QUOTE]
Plenty of stuff to play from now until then :D

[quote name='swift900']shadow of the colossus should be considered essential gaming for anyone interested in video games.[/quote]
qft

[quote name='joemoedee']I was still able to get a decent value out of my black label SoTN, it probably varies per game...[/QUOTE]
The SoTN remake was considered slightly inferior to the original. /shrug

It's insane I saw a copy of this USED at gamestop for $39 today. Idjits. :)

Edit: Got Shadow mixed up with ICO. So no it's not $39. Ugh carry on. I'm the idjit. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not worth it. SotC has to be one of the crappiest, most overrated games I've ever played. And it seriously runs at like 10 frames per second; it's the choppiest gameplay experience I've ever had on PS2.

[quote name='jewsdidwtc']Not worth it. SotC has to be one of the crappiest, most overrated games I've ever played. And it seriously runs at like 10 frames per second; it's the choppiest gameplay experience I've ever had on PS2.[/QUOTE]

couldnt beat it huh?

[quote name='jewsdidwtc']Not worth it. SotC has to be one of the crappiest, most overrated games I've ever played. And it seriously runs at like 10 frames per second; it's the choppiest gameplay experience I've ever had on PS2.[/QUOTE]

Interesting comment -- I tend to agree with you, though. I didn't hate SotC but I didn't particularly love it like critics did. Yes, the visuals were impressive and the whole process of clearing one boss after another held a certain charm, but the gameplay was at times frustrating (not knowing where to go), and that camera -- yikes -- it sometimes panned too far out I could barely even see myself on the screen.

An HD version might make it smoother but I'm not sure it'll be any prettier.

Personally, I hate all these HD remakes on the PS3. It just feels like another opportunity for developers to milk us on a game we already own. Yeah, yeah, I know -- you're probably thinking, "dude, just don't buy it then." And sure, I won't buy these. What ticks me off though is that these HD rehashes require development teams and that means more time spent re-making old games rather than allocating resources towards new ones.

[quote name='Swift900']Shadow of the Colossus should be considered essential gaming for anyone interested in video games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the hyperbole there. Not everyone need to play a game that's 90% horse riding simulator and 10% clunky action platformer with no story until the end.

[quote name='Tazzer88']Thanks for the hyperbole there. Not everyone need to play a game that's 90% horse riding simulator and 10% clunky action platformer with no story until the end.[/QUOTE]
I... don't even know where to start with this.

I didn't think Shadow of the Colossus's awesomeness was in dispute. I suppose if you played it on a 20" TV with no sound system hooked up, had not played a game with similar controls before, had a traumatic childhood experience with horses, and were using a 3rd party controller with a broken triangle button, MAYBE you might not like it.

couldnt beat it huh?

Pretty much. I beat 12 or 13 Colossi and couldn't bring myself to deal with the rest of it. I can usually force myself to play through bad games just to beat them, but with SotC there's so little reward for pressing on that I couldn't be bothered. It's the single most repetitive game I've ever played. Kill one beast, then kill another, then another, then another, then another, and there's no real storyline to motivate further play, no in-game rewards, new weapons, nothing at all.

Here's my recommendation to anyone who wants to experience SotC: go play Super Mario 3, stomp on the first 16 goombas you come across, then turn it off. There, that's SotC in 2 minutes, and you'll never have to deal with the awful framerate or controls or listen to the one battle theme in the entire game over and over.

I... don't even know where to start with this.

Yeah, me neither. It's really more 80% horse riding simulator and 20% clunky action platformer.

Oh, and whether your triangle button is broke or not, mounting the stupid worthless horse is still going to take multiple attempts every single time.

[quote name='batman1939']If they do, will the sealed black label one I have be worth anything?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it really. Marvel vs capcom 2 dropped rapidly, used copies of god of war 1 and 2 dropped (not that they were high to begin with) and so on.

If they officially announce it I would run to ebay and offload it while you can so you get the most out of it.

Unless your like me and you dont get rid of your games and keep them because you like them, in which case dont sell it.

[quote name='Esoteria']I... don't even know where to start with this.

I didn't think Shadow of the Colossus's awesomeness was in dispute. I suppose if you played it on a 20" TV with no sound system hooked up, had not played a game with similar controls before, had a traumatic childhood experience with horses, and were using a 3rd party controller with a broken triangle button, MAYBE you might not like it.[/QUOTE]

Shadow of the Colossus is really overrated. Annoying camera, framerate issues occasionally, not much to do besides fight the next colossus, and controls that take time to get used to. At the same time, it's not every one's cup of tea because they might just want the next Legend of Zelda, which it's not.

Last edited by a moderator:
SoTC was one of my favorite gaming experiences of all time. It was the desolate atmosphere and the "less is more" story that pulled me in. It's not for everyone, though.

Great deal, BTW, for those that haven't played. Would love an HD remake.

Both Ico and SotC are way overrated by some. Decent, but far from masterpieces. That said, I would pick up SotC at this price.

bread's done
Back