Dead soldiers being shipped as freight

Drocket

CAGiversary!
He doesn't care at all, if he had any idea of what death was he woulden't have caused everyone to die.

Right, and this way you don't have to wait to fill up a whole plane. At the casualty rates in this war, that could take a week or two.

So, they're mad becuase there's no flag stapled to the casket? Or they're mad that there's no color guard to give the 21 gun salute at their local airport ?

Dead bodies are on flights all the time - they are freight. You think there's a millitary aircraft availible with a full color guard, band, and riflemen to accompany every body to a commercial airport any time, any day of the week ? I'm sure you all expect the riderless white mount to preceed the casket as it leaves the plane's hold, too. You are confusing a millitary funeral service with a casket arrival to an airport.

You libs can never have it your way. If they gave your TV image of a full fanfare 24/7 for carting every casket, you'd be bitching about how much this ficticious war costs and that we shouldn't be spending that kind of resources to honor those US prick soldiers who are burning babies and women and terrorizing Iraqis in the middle of the night. You never pick sides, just bitch about everything, then blame it all on Republicans. How clever of you all.

[quote name='bmulligan']You libs[/QUOTE]

Why do you characterize this as a liberal problem? I mean, both family members on the news show that Drocket Linked to were part of the military. This is a problem that a military family had with the military, and seemingly, the military has changed policy since they complained.

However, it is quite noble of you to shift blame to people not even raising a stink. Oh, excuse me, shifty. That's the word.

Seeing mulligans rant made me glad I'm old enough to remember the pre bush days. For those of you who weren't paying attention it went a little like this:
930504liberalmedia6sv.gif

may 4th, 1993

Though they're still blaming him for 9/11, north korea, Iraq etc. Though that whole "wag the dog" bit is hilarious in retrospect, all that whining from conservatives when he decided to bomb Iraq. Looking back it's almost funny.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']Why do you characterize this as a liberal problem? I mean, both family members on the news show that Drocket Linked to were part of the military. This is a problem that a military family had with the military, and seemingly, the military has changed policy since they complained.

However, it is quite noble of you to shift blame to people not even raising a stink. Oh, excuse me, shifty. That's the word.[/QUOTE]

I was commenting on the characterization of the problem by the liberal presence on this board. It had nothing to do with the millitary family or the problem itself, if there is a problem. We don't know all the details.

For example, the family could have requested a special appointment. It could have been a remote location from the nearest millitary base. There may have been a shortage of resources for this particular day. A local news station took one situation, gave limited information, and everyone assumes it's a widespread epidemic and Bush personally orderd bodies to be treated like common luggage.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']Seeing mulligans rant made me glad I'm old enough to remember the pre bush days. For those of you who weren't paying attention it went a little like this:

may 4th, 1993

Though they're still blaming him for 9/11, north korea, Iraq etc. Though that whole "wag the dog" bit is hilarious in retrospect, all that whining from conservatives when he decided to bomb Iraq. Looking back it's almost funny.[/QUOTE]

In retrospect my ass. You remember squat. What were you eight years old then? ten ?

[quote name='bmulligan']I was commenting on the characterization of the problem by the liberal presence on this board. It had nothing to do with the millitary family or the problem itself, if there is a problem. We don't know all the details.[/QUOTE]

If by liberal presence, you mean mono, I don't know what you're talking about.

Either way, in the end, this was a breach in protocal. If the family had to request the color guard after the fact, something is amiss, even amidst Bush's desire to cater to every whim of the military complex.

[quote name='bmulligan']In retrospect my ass. You remember squat. What were you eight years old then? ten ?[/QUOTE]

:lol: anyone who can drive was older than 10 when clinton was in office.

[quote name='Drocket']I suppose its better than shipping the bodies via UPS, at least... Still, gives you an idea how much the Bush administration appreciates the sacrifices made by those who have died in his little war.[/QUOTE]

What do you expect? First Class w/ delivery confirmation? I'd rather have the body home than it be shipped with ribbons. Be realistic before being a jackass.

[quote name='rywateska']What do you expect? First Class w/ delivery confirmation? I'd rather have the body home than it be shipped with ribbons. Be realistic before being a jackass.[/QUOTE]

Military families disagree with you.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']Military families disagree with you.[/QUOTE]

They can email me if they care, until then, don't speak to me on their behalf.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']:lol: anyone who can drive was older than 10 when clinton was in office.[/QUOTE]

LOL, you may have been older than 10 in January 2001 when Clinton was still in office, but not by much.

in 1993, the date you quoted, you were still wetting the bed and cuddling your mamma when you heard a scary noise in the middle of the night. Of course, that's not saying much, you probably still do that now...

And in the 'Wag the dog' era when Clinton bombed Iraq in 1998, You were doing 5th grade math, spit shining your safety badge, and telling the 4th graders when not to cross the street, so don't give us any of that bullshit of you remembering the pre-bush days.

[quote name='bmulligan']LOL, you may have been older than 10 in January 2001 when Clinton was still in office, but not by much.

in 1993, the date you quoted, you were still wetting the bed and cuddling your mamma when you heard a scary noise in the middle of the night. Of course, that's not saying much, you probably still do that now...

And in the 'Wag the dog' era when Clinton bombed Iraq in 1998, You were doing 5th grade math, spit shining your safety badge, and telling the 4th graders when not to cross the street, so don't give us any of that bullshit of you remembering the pre-bush days.[/QUOTE]

You'll never know, will you?;)

[quote name='rywateska']They can email me if they care, until then, don't speak to me on their behalf.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure convincing rywateska of their grievences is high on the list of military familes' to-do lists all across the country. Meanwhile, you may want to actually WATCH the news report linked before making such ignorant and ill-conceived posts.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']I'm sure convincing rywateska of their grievences is high on the list of military familes' to-do lists all across the country. Meanwhile, you may want to actually WATCH the news report linked before making such ignorant and ill-conceived posts.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll do just that. Up until now I've had more fun reading your entertaining posts!

[quote name='rywateska']Thanks, I'll do just that. Up until now I've had more fun reading your entertaining posts![/QUOTE]

Same here. It's like arguing with a Fratboy who has no idea what he's talking about! Judging by the picture of some gloating dipshit on your sig, I'd be willing to bet you are/were/wish to be one.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']Same here. It's like arguing with a Fratboy who has no idea what he's talking about! Judging by the picture of some gloating dipshit on your sig, I'd be willing to bet you are/were/wish to be one.[/QUOTE]

I'm happy to be a gloating dipshit so long as I know I'm more important and/or better looking than you. If I wanted to discuss politics I’d go somewhere other than a video game forum, but that’s just me. I told you my opinion and you decided to comment on it. Maybe no one liked you as a kid but you’re picking arguments with people who you think are under you, why waste the time? Either way you’re not ever going to be an issue in my life, so look for another fight on these video game forums, thanks bud!

Still, after watching the video, the body was sent home on a plane regardless. If the same thing happened to me, I wouldn't mind.

[quote name='rywateska']I'm happy to be a gloating dipshit so long as I know I'm more important and/or better looking than you.[/QUOTE]
It's too bad you fail on both fronts :cry:

[quote name='rywateska']If I wanted to discuss politics I’d go somewhere other than a video game forum, but that’s just me. I told you my opinion and you decided to comment on it. Maybe no one liked you as a kid but you’re picking arguments with people who you think are under you, why waste the time? Either way you’re not ever going to be an issue in my life, so look for another fight on these video game forums, thanks bud![/QUOTE]
I commented and you demonstrated beligerence. Don't shift the blame to me.

[quote name='rywateska']If the same thing happened to me[/QUOTE]
Here's hopin!:bouncy:

I'm still not sure how else you would bring the bodies home? Perhaps, each body should get their own 747 with full military honor guard?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I'm still not sure how else you would bring the bodies home? Perhaps, each body should get their own 747 with full military honor guard?[/QUOTE]

Well what's interesting in the video is that the parent says "if they were a president or a general this wouldn't be occuring". Now the reason that is interesting is because that's precisely the way JFK's body was sent back to D.C., in the cargo hold of air force one.

[quote name='rywateska']What do you expect? First Class w/ delivery confirmation? I'd rather have the body home than it be shipped with ribbons. Be realistic before being a jackass.[/QUOTE]

I'm calling in reguards to my son... my DC# shows hes delivered, but I don't have him... :whistle2:s

Honestly though, the government wouldn't even pay for gear when they were alive. Like they give half a shit when they're dead? 6 people to a 747 is very assinine though. All that fuel and man hours spent, be reasonable and just fill it up.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Well what's interesting in the video is that the parent says "if they were a president or a general this wouldn't be occuring". Now the reason that is interesting is because that's precisely the way JFK's body was sent back to D.C., in the cargo hold of air force one.[/QUOTE]

Well, Air Force 1 hardly qualifies as a commercial jet. Also, all coffins will be shipped in cargo holds. They're not going to give them first class seating. However, I seriously doubt that JFK's coffin was handled by luggage throwers (If Fight Club parlance is correct) and put on a conveyor belt to who knows where.

This disgrace is yet another example of republican leadership "supporting the troops". Just add it to the list after health benefit cuts, military housing cuts for family members, stop-loss, lack of body armor, etc.

[quote name='Kayden']I'm calling in reguards to my son... my DC# shows hes delivered, but I don't have him... :whistle2:s

Honestly though, the government wouldn't even pay for gear when they were alive. Like they give half a shit when they're dead? 6 people to a 747 is very assinine though. All that fuel and man hours spent, be reasonable and just fill it up.[/QUOTE]

This sums up my point of view perfectly. Its ridiculous to treat the dead soldiers as cargo BUT only loading 6-12 coffins in a transport, with the high cost of jet fuel, is also a ridiculous way to approach the subject.

[quote name='Msut77']BTW how old are you Bmullet?[/QUOTE]

Let's just say I'm old enough to have voted for George Bush when you weren't even a twinkle in your momma's bedroom eyes.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']
[/QUOTE]
I would bet money that that plane just arrived in Delaware, where all bodies are sent to first. How do you think they got to their home state? Do you really think that they all went into a different transport plane just for them? No. Not to mention, there are 15 visible coffins in that picture, and I'm guessing at least a 16th, if not more. That's quite a few bodies, considering the current casualty rate. Sure soldiers die almost every day, but it's usually "just" one or two. Even if it were four per day, to fill that plane with 16 coffins would take the better part of a week. That's a pretty long wait for everyone's family. Not to mention the article only says that the soldier arrived home as cargo, it said nothing of how he arrived back to the U.S.

I'm heavily opposed the the war and Bush, but seriously, think about the logistical nightmare that would ensue if things were done the way they "should" be done. I would be all for the "ideal treatment" of the dead, but sometimes a compromise needs to be made.

And to whoever made the fratboy comment/cop-out: I'm a "fratboy," but I also like to think I know a little bit about the situation at hand. My father spent several years in the navy making "the visit" to the families of dead soldiers. I've heard enough stories of different situations to know at least the general outline of what is supposed to/what does happen.

[quote name='b0bx13']And to whoever made the fratboy comment/cop-out: I'm a "fratboy," but I also like to think I know a little bit about the situation at hand. My father spent several years in the navy making "the visit" to the families of dead soldiers. I've heard enough stories of different situations to know at least the general outline of what is supposed to/what does happen.[/QUOTE]

That's wonderful. Meanwhile, your ilk are oft ignorant of, well, just about everything. I was a fratboy and can certainly talk about frat boys from first hand knowledge. That's why I quit the whole thing.

bread's done
Back