(DEAD) Son of Batman Steelbook Combo 16.99 @ Target.com

Sporkis

Barley Legal
Feedback
77 (100%)
EDIT 2:  Full dead now.

EDIT:  Semi dead now.  The price still good, but any mentions of the steelbook have been remove from description.

Son of Batman Steelbook
This is coming out today and since I can't get to a target anytime soon, I was just about to order one since they finally are letting you order it online and in the middle they just dropped the price to 16.99.  I'm assuming to match Amazon, but Target has the steelbook.

If you don't have a red card for free shipping, it's an extra 2.79 for S&H so 19.78.  Still pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you absolutely can not make it to Target I would advise anyone from ordering this on their website. You have a 50/50 chance of receiving the Steelbook or the plain amaray case. If it is the wrong version by the time you receive it in the mail the Steelbooks will be long gone from stores and you're SOL. 

Just got back from the store, the steelbook and amaray versions have the same item number so there's no way to track which one Target will ship you. I'd highly recommend trying to find it in stores.

Good deal but without a Red card and fucking tax it went up to 21 so no go for me.
No free shipping unless you order $50+, so in those cases, I order enough to get free shipping and return what I don't need or want back to the store.

Just got back from the store, the steelbook and amaray versions have the same item number so there's no way to track which one Target will ship you. I'd highly recommend trying to find it in stores.
This has been an issue with Target for multiple years and affects any Target-specific special editions including steelbooks. Even in-store, you'd have to check manually for a steelbook/SE version or have someone in-store visually verify that it's a steelbook. Applies to movies and video games.

This has been an issue with Target for multiple years and affects any Target-specific special editions including steelbooks. Even in-store, you'd have to check manually for a steelbook/SE version or have someone in-store visually verify that it's a steelbook. Applies to movies and video games.
The weird thing is, there have been cases where Target has pulled a unique number for an exclusive release. The Digibook packaging of Despicable Me 2 comes to mind.

21 for a steelbook are you kiding me
Said for me it is not a good deal. I like steels but only if the price is right as I only have a few of them not like I go out of my to collect them like some here do which is fine but for me it's not a big deal what version I get. 17 for a new release Batman film was pretty good in general and the fact that it was a steel made it better but once the price ended up at 20ish no thanks. And to the other poster that suggested buying enough to get free shipping then return it I can't do that as there are no Targets around here. Same with Best Buy, so for these things I'm completely at the mercy of online with no in-store alternatives.

Stopped at a store after work and they had no copies at the checkout lane or in the DVD area. Decided to ask, guy checked in back and sure enough found one. Since the product number is identical for Target the employees definitely weren't just grabbing the steel books first.

So I've watched through about half this movie, and put it on pause to type this out.

If you're planning to buy this for your child, be warned that it's pretty graphic. I mean, it wouldn't be Batman without some sort of dark content, but there's a lot of blood and violent animation (swords through bodies, etc).

Agreed, it's pretty graphic. 

I really wish they would stop producing movies based on their graphic novel counter part and give us something original.  Take us back to the Batman Beyond universe and do something with Terri.

For Batman they've done many of his classic tales like Year One, Dark Knight Returns, Under The Red Hood and this latest release Son of Batman. There's A Death In The Family but that was pretty much summed up in UTRH so basically a majority of his most famous stories have been animated now. Knightfall and/or No Man's Land would be great though and I hope they do at least one of those. There's also the Killing Joke but they obviously feel that's too dark even for them unless they severely edited it. After those are done that would pretty much complete the tales worth animating for Bats and I agree BB would be nice to see again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I just got a shipping notice and they have conveniently taken the (steelbook) out of the description.  Wonder if I should complain now or wait to get it first.  I get the feeling even if I do happen to get a steelbook now, it's going to be f'ed up and a replacement is nigh.  If I do I just have to go back to what I was planning earlier and get it off ebay...ugghhh...

U think I should keep the extra one I'm getting in the mail and keep it sealed

Target has like a 90 day return policy. If you don't really need the $17, sure, keep it and keep the receipt. Check the prices on eBay in like two weeks/a month and see if it is worth anything. 

Target return policy:

http://www.target.com/HelpContent?help=/sites/html/TargetOnline/help/returns_and_refunds/returns_and_refunds.html#?lnk=fnav_t_spc_1_22&intc=28073|null

30 days if you buy it online, 90 days if you do it in-store, +30 days additional if you use a Red card.
Are you sure? I bought games a month or two ago in store and at that time it was 90 days.... the last items I bought, including this movie, showed on the receipt that they needed to be returned within 30 days.

I'm almost positive this is a recent, universal change for media.

Are you sure? I bought games a month or two ago in store and at that time it was 90 days.... the last items I bought, including this movie, showed on the receipt that they needed to be returned within 30 days.

I'm looking at a receipt for a blu ray I bought today and sure enough it says return by 6/7. They must have changed their policy.

Either way, my point stands, in 3-4 weeks you can figure out if a steelbook is going to be really hard to find going forward or not.

I'm looking at a receipt for a blu ray I bought today and sure enough it says return by 6/7. They must have changed their policy.

Either way, my point stands, in 3-4 weeks you can figure out if a steelbook is going to be really hard to find going forward or not.
No I agree with you. The only Target steelbooks (and this is just in the past year or so) that I had a hard time acquiring where the Cowboys and Aliens SB and the Evil Dead.

I live in a small market and my store got somewhere between 6-8 based on what was available when I went late Tuesday night so those of you who saw less then that most likely ran into a situation where someone else had bought a few or they weren't displayed correctly.

But I think Target made the change to the return policy around the time South Park: Stick of Truth came out because I bought a copy around release to play and the return policy was 3 months and then I purchased another copy when they went on sale for $40 (two or three weeks later) to return/rebuy and noticed the return period had shortened to 30 days

They are already going for around $35 on eBay, $45 in the case of one desperate person in Canada who probably doesn't live anywhere near the one Target.

Looks like it is a change for media items, as came up by digging through that link:

• All Electronics and Entertainment items must be returned within 30 days for a refund or exchange (halfway down the page)

I got both reg movies no steelbook blu-ray like the pictures in the listing

I got the regular edition not the steel even though I ordered it the same day it came out and it specifically said it was the steelbook.

Im really happy I did pickup the One I find at a store because I bought it online because I would of been pissed because it wasn't a steelbook copy

For anyone in the Minneapolis area looking for one, the Target in St. Paul just off of 94 on I think on University and Hamline had about 5 steelbooks left in the DVD section (end cap) last night.  This is the store I found mine originally and they weren't pulling the steel books out first so probably explains why there are still a few there. 

bread's done
Back