(Dead) Sonic Generations 360/PS3 $19.99 w/free shipping @ Newegg

Picked it up for ps3. thanks op.
grin.jpg

Get it!! I've hated most of the sonic adventure games since Adventures 2 on the GC (dx was ok) yet this one is amazing! A good buy for any old school sonic fan.

Can't decide if I should wait for a lower price or buy now before it becomes difficult to find. It looks like Amazon hasn't carried either version for some time (all third party sellers)

Or, you could walk into Block buster and rent it for one day for $2, which is all you'll need to S-rank every level. Sounds ridiculous, but that's all it took me.

[quote name='roymustang']Do the console versions run at 60fps? If not I'll just wait for the PC version to be under 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

They don't. Keep an eye out on Steam.

I greatly preferred Rayman Origins to this but it's certainly very enjoyable and a good value at $20. You can get a lot of replay out of it if you want to do all the challenge levels.

I would have jumped on this a few weeks ago.. but with Mass Effect and the games I grabbed from gameflys sale I'm gonna pass on this one...

gready price though.

I'll have to wait for the $10 price point on this one. I'm extremely cheap, and I'm playing through Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 when it comes in the mail. This wouldn't get touched for a while...

In for one! Thanks OP! $20 new, no shipping & no tax is better than an Amazon (I pay tax) or GS (tax, plus gutted copies) price match, or waiting to get it used from Gamefly! :)

[quote name='bruceg']Can't decide if I should wait for a lower price or buy now before it becomes difficult to find. It looks like Amazon hasn't carried either version for some time (all third party sellers)[/QUOTE]

I found this revelation disturbing so I picked one up (finally got to use my free shoprunner account too). If I was going to order it anywhere else, it probably would have been Amazon, and if they don't have it...

[quote name='bruceg']Can't decide if I should wait for a lower price or buy now before it becomes difficult to find. It looks like Amazon hasn't carried either version for some time (all third party sellers)[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about Sonic Generations I would but it NOW. Not in an hour or later today but NOW. It hit front page at SD and will sell out soon. Just like the $35 dollar copies did at Newegg a week or two ago.

If you wait resellers will pick them all up to resell at $29.99 on eBay

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'll have to wait for the $10 price point on this one. I'm extremely cheap, and I'm playing through Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 when it comes in the mail. This wouldn't get touched for a while...[/QUOTE]

^Same.

[quote name='H4Y4TO']^Same.[/QUOTE]

I'll be playing the hell out of this game during Spring break. Am I the only one who keeps Commander Shepherd with the standard build? I couldn't imagine changing him at all.

[quote name='mkelehan']Or, you could walk into Block buster and rent it for one day for $2, which is all you'll need to S-rank every level. Sounds ridiculous, but that's all it took me.[/QUOTE]

That's my fear with it. Colors didn't take me all that long (though it was still a good game) but I just don't know that it's worth $20 to me.

Keep an eye out on Steam.
I want to say it was $10 around Christmas time. The PC version ran like crap on my PC though but then, I do need to upgrade.

Damn it, I missed the first sale, then ended up finding one on play-asia.com for $23.50. Took a week or two to get here. Oh well, Only $3 more.

[quote name='battra92']I want to say it was $10 around Christmas time. The PC version ran like crap on my PC though but then, I do need to upgrade.[/QUOTE]

I think it was $15.

The problem with getting it on Steam for me is that my 6 year old son would want to play it, and I'd rather him be on the console than my computer.

I actually payed full price for this game and didn't feel ripped off. I grew up on Sonic (hell, it was my first video game back when it was released and I wasn't even a year old) and felt that it brought back that 'fun' factor that recent Sonic games have been lacking. Might have been some nostalgia, though. Regardless, it's one of those games that most are sure to enjoy and I would go as far as to say it's a must-play game.

So far with this game, it is short but NOT short AT THE SAME TIME. I say this because you have so many challenges to do and it makes the level feel different. Level design....in many places could be better (SKY SANCTUARY BITCHES!) but it's decent. It brought the fun back though. I haven't liked a SONIC game this much since SONIC adventure for the DC. Beautiful game.

I say buy it if you are even mildly a sonic fan.

Waiting for Amazon to match this price.

Edit: Didn't realize Amazon only had 3rd party copies for sale. I might just have to open up a newegg account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice price... I'm going into this thinking Rayman Origins is the superior platformer, but 20 is the magic number. And I guess being inferior to Rayman Origins isn't anything to be ashamed of, it's one of the best 2D platformers ever, better than NSMBW was by a mile.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Ha Ha Ha
He's going to have a long wait.[/QUOTE]

I love it for example when Newegg drops the price of Skyrim PC CE to $79.99 and you get the poster that comes in and says something to the effect of:

"OMG! Yes! I can't wait for Amazon to match this! :):):):)"

All while Amazon has been sold out for months and they listings currently up are from 3rd parties price gouging the shit out of it for like $180.

The Sonic game I waited over a decade for, it reminds me why the character was once revered in the 90s. Worth the $20 without a doubt.

bread's done
Back