*DEAD* Sony PSP $150.00 + tax Deal for those in the Midwest

Ecofreak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Lifted from Evil Avatar, which lifted from Fat Wallet.

"On July 14th and 15th, Alco will have a 40% off coupon good on any ONE product. The coupon is in their weekly circular.

Click on the "Specials" tab, and you should be able to see their circular.

Limited to in stock purchases only.

Link http://www.duckwall.com

If you are lucky to live near an Alco, you might want to stop by and pick one up.

If the PSP doesn't float your boat, you can pick up the Nintendo DS for $90.00 bucks + tax instead. "

One of the few times I wish I lived in the midwest. ;)

No PSP in Nappanee. The Amish must've bought them all.

Didn't buy anything. I guess I should have used the 40% coupon on a tasty Chick-O-Stick.

-DM

[quote name='generalpatton71']Hey Gamebit I'm in carterville right next to Carbindale. I guess the midwest part got all us all from southern IL reading this thread. I just wanted to say can some of you guys just cool it with the red neck crap. They state on there website they target rural areas and NOT places like chicago. I knew several of these towns right away. Heck Nashville has been to our State Football finals several times and so has Newton in the last few years. The state of IL goes all the way down to the ohio and Miss. river. It doesn't just end with chicago or Peiora and most of us are Cards fans down here not Cubs fans so bite my shiny metal A$$! We don't make black jokes or litino jokes because it's not right and you shouldn't make redneck jokes just because you haven't "heard" of the place. I also wanted to ask gamenit if he had called the store in nashville and asked about there TVs. It would be weet to find out they have some new HDTVs in lol.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I haven't called em. A guy said before in this thread that the TV's there sucked, so that was good enough for me.

Yeah the tv's do suck, but the psps don't, or the ps2 slims...my friend got a psp for 162.36....perryton look it up population 8,000 or so. I got one for 275.

Sorry I edited, friend was being a jerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimeyface
AND A Hi-C!!

but wait....wtf is a Chick-o-stick?

[quote name='Santurio']That's a Chick-O-Stick!! Enlarge the pic. Delicious candy it is.[/QUOTE]

Essentially, it's a butterfingers bar without the chocolate.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I don't think most people around here generally have a problem with buying a few things you know you can make money off of. The problem comes when you start hoarding games and not leaving anything good for other CAGs and people in general.[/QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree.

I've been called a hoarder by the very vocal minority because I'll buy games that have been rotting on a shelf for two months (Gran Turismo 4 for $22) to three years (Vagrant Story for $5.30).

That being said ... I don't participate in 75% of the CAG deals I see.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']I've been called a hoarder by the very vocal minority because I'll buy games that have been rotting on a shelf for two months (Gran Turismo 4 for $22) to three years (Vagrant Story for $5.30).[/QUOTE]

well, many of the deals that CAGers participate in are clearance items that have been sitting on the shelves for a few months to a couple of years. the TRU and CC game clearances are some of the most popular deals on the board, and you can clearly see that most of the items are old merchandise.

a hoarder will buy all that they can for a profit, but a true CAG will leave some of "rotting" merchandise for others ;)

Congratulations, to the folks that got in on this deal. These are found in the midwest, but not in Michigan :cry:

I wouldn't have been able to resist a PSP for that price! I'm surprised the stores didn't exclude the handhelds.

If you call or talk to these people running the store, they pretty much have no clue what a Playstation is, let alone a PSP.

Well, me and my friend got our PSP's today, but they almost didn't let us. We went to the cash register and the lady said they were told not to accept coupons from the internet. I told them that was ridiculous and that I wouldn't hesitate to file a lawsuit for placing a fake coupon on their website. The woman, who was the manager on duty, called her regional manager who let us use them.

It's funny that it wasn't the fact that we were using the coupon on something that they were obviously going to lose money on selling to us, but rather that we had used the ones from the internet.

fuck. I just deposited almost $300 in my bank account, I find this thread, and find out there's one of those a half hour from here. fuck.

I'm SO pissed. I'd never heard of this store before, but after searching their site I found that there was one about an hour away. I couldn't make it yesterday, but this morning I called the store from work to ask if they had any PSPs. The guy on the other end acted like he didn't even know what a PSP was, disappeared for a few minutes, then came back with "Yeah, we have one." I asked him if he could hold on to it for me, because I wouldn't be able to make it in until I got off of work, plus I was driving from quite a distance. He said he would. So I drove there straight from work, and even though in the back of my mind I was thinking "The guy sounded like an idiot, I probably should call back to make sure he knew what he was talking about." For some reason I didn't. So after an hour and a half of driving thanks to construction and traffic, I get to the little town in the middle of nowhere, and find the store. I find the same guy I had talked to that morning and told him who I was and that I'd talked ot him that morning about the PSP. He goes "Oh...yeah, I don't know if we have any." Obviously this REALLY pissed me off. Maybe would've been different if it wasn't the SAME guy I had talked to already. He went and checked in the back, came back out and said "Yeah, someone took it, no one put your name on it or anything." I told him that was the whole point of HIM holding it for me. For HIM to make sure no one else took it. To which he replies "Well, I can't even get in the back room, and that's where it was." "So then...why the hell did you tell me you would HOLD it for me if you couldn't!" He had no response. I asked to see a manager. She told me that an employee had wanted it, so it had been on hold for him and he picked it up that afternoon and that the guy I had talked to had no idea what he was talking about. The next nearest store was more than an hour away, so I just drove home...empty handed and pissed off. Half a tank of gas and 2.5 hours of my life wasted on some moron. So, I'm jealous of those of you that were lucky enough to get one....on the upside, I went out and got some games I'd been meaning to pick up with the money I WOULD'VE spent on my PSP.

[quote name='megaseadramon']The Enter button is our friend,lets not leave him out[/QUOTE]

Sorry, angry rants are best left uninterrupted.

Hrm, seeing as I scored a cheap PSP today, are there any deals on Lumines right now? I see I just missed out on a damn good price at Best Buy by a few days... arrgh.

check the topic about the ones at FYE for $20. If it's not at your store you could ask someone to pick one up for you.

[quote name='Graystone']There is one about a hour away from me. However I don't want a handheld great deal for some other people though. I had a psp and sold it.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's good you don't want it because the deal is over.

bread's done
Back