Dead Space 19.99 at Game Crazy New PS3/360 (7/6 - 7/12)

Good deal, thanks.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='LilPaintballer']I want this badly, is it cheaper used?[/QUOTE]

Theirs time where GC lowers the used price but alot of times its still costs more than the NEW...

[quote name='HardcoreGamer360']Theirs time where GC lowers the used price but alot of times its still costs more than the NEW...[/QUOTE]

GC rarely ever lowers the new price without lowering the used.

I'm pretty sure that this will be either $17.99 used or $14.99 used. I'd lean towards $17.99 used.

Yeah used price should drop. Gamestop, not Game Crazy, is the place that loves to keep the used price high and the new price on sale. lol

Awesome deal. I'm jumping all over this deal when I get a chance..! (Tomorrow!)

Thanks OP, I was just thinking about buying this from Amazon for $29.99.

[quote name='Scorch']GC rarely ever lowers the new price without lowering the used.

I'm pretty sure that this will be either $17.99 used or $14.99 used. I'd lean towards $17.99 used.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right, me and my mVp card would love a used copy for either of those prices.

P.S. this still doesn't make up for me missing out on the Amazon DOTD...

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't suppose this is at Hollywood Video as well? I've got a couple of those nearby but the nearest GameCrazy is an hour's drive away. :(

[quote name='kazunori']Don't suppose this is at Hollywood Video as well? I've got a couple of those nearby but the nearest GameCrazy is an hour's drive away. :([/QUOTE]

I believe it would be if they carry the game brand new there. It's been a while since I worked for the company so I don't remember how the prices worked at non GC Hollywood Video stores.

[quote name='xrickyb86x']I believe it would be if they carry the game brand new there. It's been a while since I worked for the company so I don't remember how the prices worked at non GC Hollywood Video stores.[/QUOTE]

Ah I see, thanks. I'll go check it out anyway then. :)

I searched for GameCrazy's located near me and the only location it gave was way out by my friend's house where the Hollywood Video is. I had no idea they were related, and I'm surprised that's one of apparently only 2 in the DFW area.

[quote name='Killerlampshade']I'm new to the whole Game Crazy thing, but the ad doesn't seem to say anything about this being on new copies.[/QUOTE]

If used games are advertised in flyers, it'll say used, sir. The $19.99 price is for new copies.

Is this game where they force you to conserve ammo? Or can you rip away like RE5 and not worry about running out of ammo? Also...360 or PS3? :lol:

$20 is so beyond worth it it's not even funny.
[quote name='uglyteradon'].... DAMNIT! I seriously just bought this the other day with my Best Buy gift card...[/QUOTE]
Just buy it from Gamecrazy and return your sealed copy back to BB for credit or cash.

if only I had waited... picked this up for $35 in February. definitely worth it, just haven't had much time to play since then

got one a few miles from me, too bad the one right down the street closed.

Been wanting this for a long while now and held off picking it up used at gamestop

Best Buy price matched this for me. Well, sort of. I went to Game Crazy, and they said it was $29.99, but that they didn't have it in stock. So, I went to Best Buy, and asked them to price match it at $20. Since the guy at Game Crazy said it was $30, I doubted myself, but the lady couldn't find the ad online, but gave it to me for $20.99.

And I picked up their last copy of RE5: CE for $55 :) Win.

But now that I'm home, I realized I failed epically . . . forgot to give them my rewards center card. :( No points for me!

Scooped my copy today. Was listed at $30, but after some quick work on my iPod Touch I was able to show them the ad and they honored the $20 although the cashier had to manually adjust the price. Thanks OP. =]

[quote name='Fearia']

But now that I'm home, I realized I failed epically . . . forgot to give them my rewards center card. :( No points for me![/QUOTE]

No worries just go to bestbuy.com and add the receipt to your rewards account. The reward points will take effect 30 days after purchase.

Ok, someone tell me if this isn't all kinds of fucked up...

So I ran by my local GC to get in on this deal and trade in a few games to sweeten the price. I managed to get $15 in store-credit..awesome.

Than I tell the clerk about Dead Space and she tells me it's $30. I tell her about the ad online, and she says there is no such thing, paper wise in the store. I grab my Storm and show her the page, date and everything.

Than she gets her manager involved (I usually don't profile, but this chick was clearly whitetrash) and she tells me that it's not in their system and that they are on a national system. I tell her I will just go to another GC near there but she says it wouldn't matter because they don't have this sale price in their system either.

Not sure what the hell is going on, but I'm not happy. I'm thinking of calling corporate to find out what's going on and to probably take my business to BB.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Ok, someone tell me if this isn't all kinds of fucked up...

So I ran by my local GC to get in on this deal and trade in a few games to sweeten the price. I managed to get $15 in store-credit..awesome.

Than I tell the clerk about Dead Space and she tells me it's $30. I tell her about the ad online, and she says there is no such thing, paper wise in the store. I grab my Storm and show her the page, date and everything.

Than she gets her manager involved (I usually don't profile, but this chick was clearly whitetrash) and she tells me that it's not in their system and that they are on a national system. I tell her I will just go to another GC near there but she says it wouldn't matter because they don't have this sale price in their system either.

Not sure what the hell is going on, but I'm not happy. I'm thinking of calling corporate to find out what's going on and to probably take my business to BB.[/QUOTE]

if your talking about the Centreville one, yea they are pretty dumb..

[quote name='ITDEFX']if your talking about the Centreville one, yea they are pretty dumb..[/QUOTE]

Hahha, someone knows my pain.

I was going to run over to the Manassas one, but apparently they are closed at 8pm...o_O (very odd if you ask me).

Either way I wrote to corporate, explaining that if its stores cannot even honor a company promotion/sale than I will take my business elsewhere (their competitors) that will. Worst case scenario, I'll get it PM'd to BB.

Man this game rocks, especially at this price. I popped into this thread just to say that this is one of my all-time favorite games, and I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone/everyone.

what!? I pee'ed in my spacesuit, jumped into my ishimura, and nearly ran over several unitologists on the way there. two stores hadn't received the ad, yet; and the computer system shows a price-drop of $39.99 down to $29.99.

Maybe try tomorrow, eh?

the game rang up $29.99, but i told the guy it was in their ad for $19.99. he called someone and they told him the sale starts tomorrow (7/8). fortunately, he price adjusted it to $19.99. thanks for the heads up op.

Strange, seeing as the ad clearly states 07/06 - 07/12...something tells me there is a lack of communication between Corporate and their stores...

Does anyone get GC ads regularly? They send them in the mail in my area very randomly, you get one every few months around here. This sale does seem pretty "big" with the DS, you'd think they would send out ads this time around.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Strange, seeing as the ad clearly states 07/06 - 07/12...something tells me there is a lack of communication between Corporate and their stores...[/QUOTE]

LOL yeah no shit, Gamecrazy has the most piss poor communications ever for a country wide chain.
I can't believe how many times I went to them with a promotion or sale running & they had no idea about it & wouldn't honor it. Even in the fucking ads stacked up high in front of them stated all the information & yet they & their computers knew nothing!

Haha, we are living in an age where we believe whatever is on a monitor in front of us...sad really.

Well like I said, I plan on calling corporate tomorrow to get to the bottom of this. I know it's probably going out of the way for $10 off, but partly it's the principle, and that's about a half of tank of gas for me...

bread's done
Back