dead space 2 (360 + ps3) $41.99 at amazon

That's a great price, but it's also kind of annoying that they advertised this $2 less yesterday as a "deal of the day!". They did the same thing when I bought the Dexter blu-rays, and a week later they were even cheaper than the Deal of the Day (more like Week).

Why would anybody buy anything brand new anymore unless you have a gift card or store credit to blow? Seriously, this is getting ridiculous, I mean it's good for us cheapasses but it's still ridiculous.

I couldn't even recall half the games I've seen drop in price like this so quickly over the past 4 or 5 months.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Wow . . . so this game tanked that fast in price? Was it not a big seller or something? Its gotten rave reviews, wtf?[/QUOTE]

It's selling great actually. Sold twice as much as the original already, top of the UK and Steam charts, probably close to the top, if not the top spot for the US this month too.

yeah, just cause something is on sale doesn't mean it's tanking.

Also, why the hell are people bitching that it's cheaper than day 1? 1) You got it on day 1 so it's your own damn fault. It's not like you don't know this is a pattern 2) you had it a couple weeks longer than other people. If that's not worth paying the extra $xx dollars then... wait for it.. DON'T BUY IT ON DAY 1.

[quote name='dohdough']WTF. Didn't this fucking game JUST come out 2 fucking weeks ago???? fuck it, no more day 1 purchases.[/QUOTE]

Felt the same way after DKCR, Epic Mickey,MJ: The Experiencem and Kirby's Epic Yarn dropped at least $10 really quick after I bought on launch day.

[quote name='johnskelter']..... deal of the day my $#%&@ ......[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mywhitenoise']That's a great price, but it's also kind of annoying that they advertised this $2 less yesterday as a "deal of the day!". They did the same thing when I bought the Dexter blu-rays, and a week later they were even cheaper than the Deal of the Day (more like Week).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dohdough']WTF. Didn't this fucking game JUST come out 2 fucking weeks ago???? fuck it, no more day 1 purchases.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JKSonic']Why would anybody buy anything brand new anymore unless you have a gift card or store credit to blow? Seriously, this is getting ridiculous, I mean it's good for us cheapasses but it's still ridiculous.

I couldn't even recall half the games I've seen drop in price like this so quickly over the past 4 or 5 months.[/QUOTE]

If it means anything, you can probably tack on Extraction as an offset. Once the regular editions come out, you'll need to purchase it on PSN, and PSN doesn't usually have sales on new content until a few months.

It's really hard to resist buying a game I really want at launch, but I just know most of them will drop at least $10 in a week or two after they come out regardless of how well they sell.

[quote name='sokari']If it means anything, you can probably tack on Extraction as an offset. Once the regular editions come out, you'll need to purchase it on PSN, and PSN doesn't usually have sales on new content until a few months.[/QUOTE]

Except that Extraction is still included with these shipments.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Except that Extraction is still included with these shipments.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I said once the regular edition version is released. By the time the game hits $20 prices, the LE will most likely be difficult to find.

Yeah same here pretty much. I'm only making exceptions for either A) game has promotional credit IE Call of Duty with $20 credit with pre-order or B) The game is called Mass Effect 3. or C) It's a niche title that I know for sure won't be over shipped and relies on first week sales (which I thought of Deathsmiles but even that dropped in price eventually).

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Except that Extraction is still included with these shipments.[/QUOTE]

To clear the record once and for all: I just got my DOTD copy of DS2 that I ordered yesterday (shipped from PA to NJ, I love Prime!) and my standard version is indeed the Limited Edition copy with Extraction on-disc.

[quote name='lunker']To clear the record once and for all: I just got my DOTD copy of DS2 that I ordered yesterday (shipped from PA to NJ, I love Prime!) and my standard version is indeed the Limited Edition copy with Extraction on-disc.[/QUOTE]

great info thanks for the confirmation. very tempting...

[quote name='VaultDweller']waiting for it to get to $20 like the first one[/QUOTE]

^^^^ This, my crystal ball says 6-8 months. :bouncy:

[quote name='AugustAPC']First Dead Space dropped like a rock. Looks like this will do the same.[/QUOTE]

Can't wait till it hits the $20 price point...How long did it take DS1?

[quote name='EarthKing']Can't wait till it hits the $20 price point...How long did it take DS1?[/QUOTE]

Day 1 purchase for me and within 8 months I saw it for $19.99

remember that amazon did have this onsale day 1, it was 57.99 with a $10 promo credit
I'd think that aggressive $41.99 price point is a direct result of gamestop offering the game used for $42.99

also, speaking as a cag, that's what this site is all about, games going on sale, games getting price drops, games getting cheaper. Day 1, Day 10, Day 100 prices trend downwards, it's great for consumers.

I picked up the CE day one and I was lucky enough to get it for 30% off and convinced amazon to give me the $10 promo credit, but they without my asking gave me $20 instead. As far everyone complaining about it dropping in price so soon and it also indicating the game is bad/sold poorly...We are all CAGers here. We KNOW this is how things happen. 95-99% of the time you can get a game day ONE for $40 whether it be $20 off a future game or a direct discount of $20.

Dead Space is a great game with great atmosphere and gameplay and IMO a great story/lore. The movies are decent and add to the story decently enough. I never read the comics, but I did see the animated comics from PSN. I just got the Dead Space Martyr book from amazon yesterday and I'll be getting the Dead Space 2 CE guide today as well. Can't wait to read the book and learn about how Unitology started and learn more about Altman, I think that's the main topic of the book anyway.

In terms of the CE...is it worth $20 more to the average gamer...not so sure. The main appeal of Dead Space is the game, but to a person like me who really enjoys everything Dead Space it was a no brainer for me. To be honest the coolest part about it is the box. It's a work of art in and of itself, very metallic in look and has a good sturdy construction. The plasma cutter is small and is made of plastic, but it's very well detailed and I like it a lot, I just wish the head/barrel or whatever it's called swiveled like it does in the game.

Just giving my two cents on the matter.

Bought the game day 1 for $60 and still don't regret it, I'm a groupie for this game. It also kept me challenged for sure. Conserve that ammo!

[quote name='Nameless600']question, is the ps3 version LE?[/QUOTE]

That seems to be what most folks are saying here - they still are selling the LE when you order the standard edition.

as an educated consumer, sAVE your receipt. so that way, you at least have 30 days to return and get the full refund. target for example, has 90 days,,,,,,90 freaking days return policy.

[quote name='Nameless600']question, is the ps3 version LE?[/QUOTE]
I ordered it on Monday. It was delivered today, and it is the limited edition. We don't know when they will run out, though.

Could be they've already sold enough copies to break even/make a slight profit, and are looking to capitalize on the great buzz while they still can, before Dragon Age II and some other hits come down the pipeline.

Still waiting here, though - want to play Extraction, but want the 360 version of DSII - which means I'll be shelling out some PSN cash for Extraction, so I can get my Move on.

Wow I'm surprised how low the price is. Does anyone know how long this will last? I'm hopping my Amazon trade-in credit will appear within the next few days. I would love to be able to buy both DS1 & DS2 together for PS3.

I just wanted to chime in on my 2 cents about how great this game is also. I've already beaten it 3 times. I would definitely get this game at full price if I had to sell my liver.

[quote name='Rodster']^^^^ This, my crystal ball says 6-8 months. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

What does your crystal ball say about the PS3 version still having Extraction in 6-8 months? :hot:

[quote name='chimpmeister']What does your crystal ball say about the PS3 version still having Extraction in 6-8 months? :hot:[/QUOTE]

"Answer unclear, try again later."

Has anyone ordered at the $41 price that can confirm the LE still being the version being shipped out by Amazon? I placed mine today, hoping to get the LE for Extraction. But I'm not going to be upset either way, the $40 is a nice sweet spot for my wallet.

[quote name='shivaedge']Damn this dropped fast.

Any deals on DS1? Like $10?[/QUOTE]

amazon has buy 1g1 50% off on all $20 and below games. DS1 is on the list

[quote name='Double-J']Has anyone ordered at the $41 price that can confirm the LE still being the version being shipped out by Amazon? I placed mine today, hoping to get the LE for Extraction. But I'm not going to be upset either way, the $40 is a nice sweet spot for my wallet.[/QUOTE]

i received my copy today and its limited edition

[quote name='maxim2boobles']
i received my copy today and its limited edition[/QUOTE]

Good to hear sir, much obliged!

I got mine yesterday (360) and it was the regular edition. Still a great price IMO and the game is (so far) excellent.

[quote name='Mugatu']I got mine yesterday (360) and it was the regular edition. Still a great price IMO and the game is (so far) excellent.[/QUOTE]

The 360 doesn't have a limited edition, just a standard and CE.

[quote name='Mugatu']I got mine yesterday (360) and it was the regular edition. Still a great price IMO and the game is (so far) excellent.[/QUOTE]

There isn't a limited version on the 360. It's the same thing that occurred with Dante's Inferno and Metal of Honor.

I just got off the phone with Amazon and they said they would credit me the difference of what I paid and the price it is now. If you pre-ordered on Amazon I suggest you call them and ask for money back. It's been less than 30 days.

bread's done
Back