Dead Space 2 - $54.96 (PS3/360) @ Amazon

Ughh do I want it or not. Hard choice. I never even finished the first but after some credit I could have it for $34.99. I'm afraid it would just go to the backlog. For some reason Dead Space 1, for me, I could play it about 20 minutes then I'd be done with it for a week. Wasn't a scary game to me, in fact I loved it everytime I played, but I dunno.

Yeah, I know you all care that much :lol:

I have a preorder for $56.99 but I cant figure out how to get them to update the price

EDIT: Apparently its supposed to adjust within 24 hours....hope so!

[quote name='thegame85']I have a preorder for $56.99 but I cant figure out how to get them to update the price[/QUOTE]

Technically, they are suppose to "change it" with pre order price guarantee, although i cancelled mine and just replaced it.

Kmart is giving you a free $20 PSN or 1600 MS Points with the game next week. Also you can get it half off with LBP2 or ME2 next week as well. I plan on getting LBP2, DS2, $20 PSN for $90-$10 coupon-$50 in gift cards from Black Ops=$30+tax.

[quote name='poker360']Technically, they are suppose to "change it" with pre order price guarantee, although i cancelled mine and just replaced it.[/QUOTE]

Im worried about cancelling it because I preordered with $20 game credit that already expired...so I'd really hate to lose that!

[quote name='thegame85']Im worried about cancelling it because I preordered with $20 game credit that already expired...so I'd really hate to lose that![/QUOTE]

Yeah, i would just leave it, it should change on it's own.. not worth risking it

Glad I got in at 49.25... Amazon accidentally put it up for the weird price back in December 2009... I jumped on it and now here we are finally. =)

[quote name='leshrac55']Glad I got in at 49.25... Amazon accidentally put it up for the weird price back in December 2009... I jumped on it and now here we are finally. =)[/QUOTE]
Hey, me too!

Damn I wanna buy it from kmart I wonder if I cancel my preorder if they'll give it too me cash? @ gamestop

[quote name='leshrac55']Glad I got in at 49.25... Amazon accidentally put it up for the weird price back in December 2009... I jumped on it and now here we are finally. =)[/QUOTE]

Same with me. I decided to cancel it tonight though. I was hoping that Amazon was going to add a preorder bonus to it but it looks like that's not going to happen.

I've decided that, given the size of my backlog, I'm only buying major AAA titles on day one this year (LBP2, Killzone 3, Uncharted 3, etc.). As much as I love Dead Space, I can wait for the inevitable $20-30 price tag come Black Friday.

[quote name='thegame85']Im worried about cancelling it because I preordered with $20 game credit that already expired...so I'd really hate to lose that![/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry too much about it. One game I had pre-ordered apparently dropped in price before it was shipped but my order info stayed the same. Not even a week later I got an email saying they refunded the difference in the amount (which was like 2 bucks) because of the low price guarantee.

I wouldn't have even noticed.

Can you retroactively apply gift cards for preorders? I'm still waiting for livingsocial deal to come through.

yeah. as long as its before when order starts processing (like when its shipped). just go to view order and click the order number and usually an amazon banner says 'you have $XX balance in gift cards, would you like to apply to this order?'

would get it but going for the K-mart deal with the 1600 MSP card, wish I could do one of the buy at two places and return one but can't do it with K-mart since they are the ones giving away the points

[quote name='ssjmichael']Since when is $5 off MSRP, and realistically $2-3 off Amazon's everyday price thread-worthy?[/QUOTE]
A deal is a deal why complain about it like this thread is taking up too much space or something?

Thanks OP a buck is a buck haha

They'll only update the price automatically if it stays that way until release day. Whatever the price is when it ships is what you'll pay (unless it's more than what you preordered it for)

What's the time frame for cancelling pre-orders before they go to shipping status at Amazon, I'd like to lock in this price and hope they end up matching a late 10-20 bucks credit to any pre-orders a la LBP2 and ME2. However if they don't match, I'm leaning to then cancel my pre-order and pick it up from kmart along with a half off LBP2 (per a post above) and nab that $20 PSN card for free.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']They'll only update the price automatically if it stays that way until release day. Whatever the price is when it ships is what you'll pay (unless it's more than what you preordered it for)[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you have already pre-ordered, they will charge you whatever the lowest price was between the time you pre-ordered and the time the game ships.

Pre-Order Price Guarantee
Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game, or software item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you place your order and the release date. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.

Our Pre-Order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.

If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you didn't use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact customer service through the Contact Us button on the right side of any Help page.
(taken from http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502)

Like a couple other posters already mentioned, I locked it in for just under $50 back in Dec. '09.

Its also worth noting that early copies of the PS3 version come with Dead Space Extraction for free.

Same, except I recently had them upgrade me to the CE. It took a few e-mails, but they gave me a $10 credit so I could place a separate order. $49.25 was extremely tempting for the game only... but I have to have my Plasma Cutter.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Kmart is giving you a free $20 PSN or 1600 MS Points with the game next week. Also you can get it half off with LBP2 or ME2 next week as well. I plan on getting LBP2, DS2, $20 PSN for $90-$10 coupon-$50 in gift cards from Black Ops=$30+tax.[/QUOTE]

Any idea if these promos stack?

Like can I get LBP2, Dead Space 2, and 1600 points for $90?

My heart wants to order this (LOVED the first game, was a release day purchase for me), but my brain tells me I have a gigantic backlog... and based on past experience I get the feeling I will be able to pick this up for $20-30 cheaper in a few months time. So I'll probably pass.

I can't believe it is about here. Waiting since Dec 09 has been forever, but worth the cheaper price.

Same price @ BB using their 10% off coupon but the also have the $10 reward cert. for the pre-order. Not to mention when sears/kmart/target/GS or even BB put it on sale for $40 u can price match it during that 30/45 day window.

[quote name='tranceFusion']Any idea if these promos stack?

Like can I get LBP2, Dead Space 2, and 1600 points for $90?[/QUOTE]

I would like some clarification on this as well...incredible deal if so.

[quote name='mkernan']Its also worth noting that early copies of the PS3 version come with Dead Space Extraction for free.[/QUOTE]

It's weird that it doesn't mention that anywhere on the product page.

[quote name='Curufinwe']It's weird that it doesn't mention that anywhere on the product page.[/QUOTE]

well, except for in the box labeled Bonus Offer, Free Downloadable Game dead in center of the screen when you pull up the amazon product page..

IGN gave it 9.0 out of 10.. I have enough of a backlog, I could wait until 2015 to pick it up, but Ill probably get it day 1 anyhow ;).

I'm glad I got it for $29.99 with the EA store medal of honor code glitch... Been waiting for this one for years... next week can't get here quick enough..

Kevin

I thought extraction would only be given with early copies of the PS3 collector's edition and not the regular edition? Or am I missing something?

[quote name='sunghost']I thought extraction would only be given with early copies of the PS3 collector's edition and not the regular edition? Or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

No offense to you, honestly, but I am sooo sick of this question being asked. As if that was going to make some people not buy the game. Either stay informed on the product, or just wait to find out. Seriously, this question gets asked in every DS2 thread, even the 360 ones, and I'm utterly sick of it. They've made the answer pretty clear. Go find out!!!:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='sunghost']I thought extraction would only be given with early copies of the PS3 collector's edition and not the regular edition? Or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Appearently it is in the "Limited Edition", which I have yet to find anywhere online. I am just hoping with crossed fingers that Amazon somehow sends me a limited edition.

First Dead Space was pretty awesome. I'm curious which version of DS2 is going to be win. Main differences:

PS3: Comes with Dead Space Extraction for Move. 1 disc as opposed to 2.
360: The usual win argument of if it's multiplayer is good, more (of my) friends will be playing it on this console.

Any word on if the multiplayer is good? Extraction is supposed to be in the PSN store, so that one is a bonus but not a deal breaker.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']No offense to you, honestly, but I am sooo sick of this question being asked. As if that was going to make some people not buy the game. Either stay informed on the product, or just wait to find out. Seriously, this question gets asked in every DS2 thread, even the 360 ones, and I'm utterly sick of it. They've made the answer pretty clear. Go find out!!!:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

No need to be a dick about it. I'm still having issues with this question too and I PROMISE you the answer has not been made clear.

I really want the Extraction game, but the official PS Blog states that it is included in the "Limited Edition" version. Amazon lists the game in "standard" and "collectors."

Since this is an EA game, they could easily state that every game is the limited edition like Battlefield Bad Company 2 when it was first released.

Amazon's description for either version does not help and it seems like no one really knows the answer.

[quote name='4tygames']No need to be a dick about it. I'm still having issues with this question too. I really want the Extraction game, but the official PS Blog states that it is included in the "Limited Edition" version. Amazon lists the game in "standard" and "collectors."

Since this is an EA game, they could easily state that every game is the limited edition like Battlefield Bad Company 2 when it was first released.

Amazon's description for either version does not help and it seems like no one really knows the answer.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I've tried to stay informed about this product.. but in some articles or product pages (amazon for example) I've read the information is either misleading or confusing. I actually asked which versions come with extraction because of a post made in this thread lol, I thought the poster was referring to BOTH versions, not just the collector's:

[quote name='mkernan']
Its also worth noting that early copies of the PS3 version come with Dead Space Extraction for free.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='4tygames']No need to be a dick about it. I'm still having issues with this question too. I really want the Extraction game, but the official PS Blog states that it is included in the "Limited Edition" version. Amazon lists the game in "standard" and "collectors."

Amazon's description for either version does not help and it seems like no one really knows the answer.[/QUOTE]

There is a need to be a dick about it, as the question has been answered time and again. I understood it from the announcement, and even when I politely try and tell people, they act like I'm speaking fucking Latin. It's just that they don't want to do any work to find out and they want everyone else to tell them. Quit asking the damn question!! Whatever happened to a good ol' surprise?? Just stop! If you are really that concerned, and want to do the least amount of work, make a thread so that all of the idiots who are going to keep asking this question can keep asking it in there, away from everyone else who already figured it out. I doubt you'd get any answers, but it'd keep the junk out of threads like this.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']There is a need to be a dick about it, as the question has been answered time and again. I understood it from the announcement, and even when I politely try and tell people, they act like I'm speaking fucking Latin. It's just that they don't want to do any work to find out and they want everyone else to tell them. Quit asking the damn question!! Whatever happened to a good ol' surprise?? Just stop! If you are really that concerned, and want to do the least amount of work, make a thread so that all of the idiots who are going to keep asking this question can keep asking it in there, away from everyone else who already figured it out. I doubt you'd get any answers, but it'd keep the junk out of threads like this.[/QUOTE]

Wow, take a chill pill dude. Go run outside or something, you are taking the forum a little too seriously.

So my DS2 pre-order at amazon is still sitting at $47.99 (I used a $10 credit). Hopefully they will adjust the price to $44.96.

EDIT: I e-mailed amazon and they adjusted the price to $44.96. Gotta love amazon! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fearia']First Dead Space was pretty awesome. I'm curious which version of DS2 is going to be win. Main differences:

PS3: Comes with Dead Space Extraction for Move. 1 disc as opposed to 2.
360: The usual win argument of if it's multiplayer is good, more (of my) friends will be playing it on this console.

Any word on if the multiplayer is good? Extraction is supposed to be in the PSN store, so that one is a bonus but not a deal breaker.[/QUOTE]

IGN said it's multiplayer was nothing special

[quote name='kidrocklive']IGN said it's multiplayer was nothing special[/QUOTE]

OXM said it was fairly good and fresh. The battle begins...

bread's done
Back