Dead Space 2 - Anyone spotted any deals?

TheResistance

CAGiversary!
Hello All.

As a big fan of DS1 I will be picking up Dead Space 2 at the end of Jan.

The only prices I've seen are £39.99ish... and no mention of the special edition the USA and apparently we are getting.

Anyone seen anything?

Thanks!

[quote name='Brakespear']I'd be interested too, but i'd be hella surprised if there were deals already. Bit early isn't it?[/QUOTE]

thta's not early at all, indeed. It's a major AAA game.
Consider i've preordered my Diablo 3 copy 3 months ago on amazon. The game is expected to hit the market not before the Fall 2011. And amazon is taking pre-orders (at a discounted price) since A LOT.

[quote name='babaz75']thta's not early at all, indeed. It's a major AAA game.
Consider i've preordered my Diablo 3 copy 3 months ago on amazon. The game is expected to hit the market not before the Fall 2011. And amazon is taking pre-orders (at a discounted price) since A LOT.[/QUOTE]

What I meant was, it's a bit early to find like a killer deal. I thought he was talking like the sort of deals you'd find in a Supermarket on release day, say for example £25 quid in Tesco's with 2100MS points or something. Didn't realise you were talking a few quid off on pre-orders. :)

Has anyone seen the PS3 limited edition anywhere with Dead Space: Extraction included? I pre-ordered from GAME ages ago for the Ignition pre-order bonus but it just lists 'Dead Space 2' same as the 360 version (which will not include Extraction). Every retailer I look at just lists 'Dead Space 2' for both consoles.

Yeah I was thinking more not 39.99 prices.
And its out in like 3 weeks.../ 4 weeks so you'd think some sort of promo campaign would be in force.

What was the avaliability on the edition that included the Plasma Cutter replica? Like price, console specific/region specific? Or was it avaliable to everyone?

In the UK at least (maybe all europe) the PS3 does not get a replica plasma cutter. I remember some complaints about it when it was first announced.

Hmm, well i'm 360 anyway. So if theres a UK 360 edition with the Plasma Cutter and other goodies, then I'll be splashing the cash!

Meanwhile, on the PC shores, GAME is selling it for £24.99. You'll be lucky to get the base console version for less than £35.

Honestly? Give it a few months after release if you want to save some cash. Fallout New Vegas for the PC is being sold for a tenner from the aforementioned website, for example.

Too pricey... If I can get COD for £31, and Reach for £31, Im sure I can get DS2 for cheaper.. Although its worth a bit more.. great game.

I had it preordered from Amazon for £37.99 using vouchers but decided that since games drop so quickly in price these days (Fallout: NV being 13.99 less than 3 months after release?!) I could probably save a tonne of money just by playing through all the games on my backlog and buying this when I plan to play it rather than when it's released.

All being well I will be imposing a spending ban on myself for all games until late 2011 other than Dead Space 2 so it really doesn't matter when I buy it as long as I don't buy anything else for the next 7 or 8 months!

[quote name='jez360']All being well I will be imposing a spending ban on myself for all games until late 2011 other than Dead Space 2 so it really doesn't matter when I buy it as long as I don't buy anything else for the next 7 or 8 months![/QUOTE]

A gamer with self-discipline? Get outta town!

[quote name='jez360']I had it preordered from Amazon for £37.99 using vouchers but decided that since games drop so quickly in price these days (Fallout: NV being 13.99 less than 3 months after release?!) I could probably save a tonne of money just by playing through all the games on my backlog and buying this when I plan to play it rather than when it's released.

All being well I will be imposing a spending ban on myself for all games until late 2011 other than Dead Space 2 so it really doesn't matter when I buy it as long as I don't buy anything else for the next 7 or 8 months![/QUOTE]

Doing the same for myself have pre-ordered Witcher 2 for launch and the Deus Ex collectors (while it was priced the same as the normal edition) the other games I'm interested in this year, which is a lot, I will wait for a price drop on.

There is a guy selling the code on ebay for £20 ( can't post the link because im a new user) ut it is on the pc.
I know him and asked if he had the actual cd and he told me his supplier gets it in a few days.If anybody wants I can try to get a discount off of him:)

bread's done
Back