Dead Space 2 CE ($24.99) $19.99 after $5 off at Best Buy

draqon2k2

CAGiversary!
Dead Space 2 CE is currently $24.99 at Best Buy. But if have the Shopkick app, either for Android or iPhone, under the Deals tab of Best Buy Mobile is a $5 reward certificate. Available today only, but expires 7/20 once retrieved.

You can also use that $5 for other things too...

Pulled as in pulled out of their system when they try to look it up.

I asked to pull stock in other stores to no avail. Sorry I should have been more specific.

[quote name='Bezerker']Went to the BBY by my house and the guy had to go to the back to find it. He told me that corporate sent an email that they are need to pull them and send them back to the warehouse. The guy was new, so i'll wait to confirm with someone else.[/QUOTE]

I have a few friends working at BB and yes they have confirmed this.

Ah crap...I just bought the LE for 20 last month, but then again i never saw the CE at the 2 local BBs I live next to.

I nearly melted yesterday, and today is 101°!!! I'm still gonna hit the streets to hunt one down. 3 stores on the agenda so far.

Wish me luck!

[quote name='jiggyteddy']I nearly melted yesterday, and today is 101°!!! I'm still gonna hit the streets to hunt one down. 3 stores on the agenda so far.

Wish me luck![/QUOTE]

Damn bro!!!

Really hope you find one!

Throughout this week physically checked 2 stores in the Spring/North Houston area and called another 3; no dice in my area.

H[quote name='aznhero913']Damn bro!!!

Really hope you find one![/QUOTE]
Thanks hero from hotlanta.

Alaska I think my journey is over. Highly unsuccessful and epic failness on my part. After sweating it out, I think I've given enough sweat to this mission.

10 stores later and I am beat. 2 days hunting in this heatwave of NYC. And I don't even have a tan to show for it.

I feel like I'm so dehydrated that I don't have anything to pee.

Good luck to my fellow CAGs here. I have to say that I'm defeated. Not by Best Buy, but by the elements and game gods. How cruel they have been throughout my treasure hunt.

Alas the gods have denied me and I have to admit defeat or else I will pass out on this street in Flushing.

I tried goku31389...

Just picked it up in Vallejo, CA. It wasn't advertised at all, and it was just sitting in the locked safe for games, and one of the employees wouldn't price check it for me. So I got another one who wasn't lazy, and it was $25, lololol

I think I just picked up the last PS3 copy in Timonium, MD. Apparently I lucked out - the clerk got mine from the backroom, and said that the 360 copies were actually sent back to manufacturer this morning. It's also in pretty good condition, looks like it's never been spider-wrapped.

I also went to the Hunt Valley, MD location - no PS3 copies, but I saw two spider-wrapped 360 copies on the shelves, and one or two PC versions.

Why are they even sent back to manufacturer? I thought all sales were final on items that doesn't have expiration date.

[quote name='gokou36']Why are they even sent back to manufacturer? I thought all sales were final on items that doesn't have expiration date.[/QUOTE]

With retail, eventually items go back to the vendors and locations/stores are reimbursed.

Retail is basically give and take with vendors. Stuff you see on clearance is stuff before they are to be pulled and sent back.

The length of time between stuff being finally called back and being at risk/end of life in store varies, so that's why you may see some stuff in bins or discounted multiple times before they disappear (bought out by people) or sent back.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Hunting this treasure down has been torturous in this NYC heat...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Unproductive day. Struck out at 5 stores...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rpnguyen']got one at mission viejo, had a friend buy it since MV is pretty far for me[/QUOTE]

If any of you are RZ silver you could use the "personal shoppers", let them hunt it down for you, they probably offer ship to store & shipping to your house is already free anyways.

[quote name='SuppaMan']With retail, eventually items go back to the vendors and locations/stores are reimbursed.

Retail is basically give and take with vendors. Stuff you see on clearance is stuff before they are to be pulled and sent back.

The length of time between stuff being finally called back and being at risk/end of life in store varies, so that's why you may see some stuff in bins or discounted multiple times before they disappear (bought out by people) or sent back.[/QUOTE]

And it's not necessarily going back to the manufacturers. They could have been sold to a 3rd party wholesaler.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']H

Alaska I think my journey is over. Highly unsuccessful and epic failness on my part. After sweating it out, I think I've given enough sweat to this mission.

10 stores later and I am beat. 2 days hunting in this heatwave of NYC. And I don't even have a tan to show for it.

Good luck to my fellow CAGs here. I have to say that I'm defeated. Not by Best Buy, but by the elements and game gods. How cruel they have been throughout my treasure hunt.

Alas the gods have denied me and I have to admit defeat or else I will pass out on this street in Flushing.

I tried goku31389...[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna make a special trip to my store and see if they have any more!!

Hate seeing a fellow CAG missing out on a deal. I'll PM you with whatever I find.

That is very kind of you aznhero. If it is too much hassle please don't bother. Last thing I want is to inconvenience anyone.

@ enuf: thanks for the suggestion regarding personal shoppers. I do not qualify for that assistance, but perhaps others in this hunt might! Hopefully your suggestion helps them.

I know I said I gave up, but I'm going to give it another shot since I'll be driving around. I should be able to hit 2 stores en route, so wish me luck!

[quote name='jiggyteddy']That is very kind of you aznhero. If it is too much hassle please don't bother. Last thing I want is to inconvenience anyone.

@ enuf: thanks for the suggestion regarding personal shoppers. I do not qualify for that assistance, but perhaps others in this hunt might! Hopefully your suggestion helps them.

I know I said I gave up, but I'm going to give it another shot since I'll be driving around. I should be able to hit 2 stores en route, so wish me luck![/QUOTE]

It is a hassle but it isn't a problem.

Hopefully I there are a couple left!!

[quote name='jiggyteddy']H

I tried goku31389...[/QUOTE]

I tried everywhere except gateway mall..........@ jeggyteddy....brother....i'm sorry as well, BUT all that matters is that WE tried. So one day maybe we will be blessed with a deal even better than this.

[quote name='aznhero913']I'm gonna make a special trip to my store and see if they have any more!!

Hate seeing a fellow CAG missing out on a deal. I'll PM you with whatever I find.[/QUOTE]

You're a good man and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. lol:cool:

[quote name='jiggyteddy']That is very kind of you aznhero. If it is too much hassle please don't bother. Last thing I want is to inconvenience anyone.

I know I said I gave up, but I'm going to give it another shot since I'll be driving around. I should be able to hit 2 stores en route, so wish me luck![/QUOTE]

Have you hit up any stores in the Brooklyn area becuase I live by the Bay Pkwy store and remember seeing a few CE's a few weeks back back when I went to get Borderlands GOTY for $9.99.

But good luck on your search.

Edit: Nevermind as I seen that goku probably went through all the Brooklyn stores except Gateway Mall.

Sorry brother but they were sold out!!

I swung by another one but they didn't have anything either.

If you really want the C.E items for the 360(box, gun, sound track, etc...) PM me and we'll try to work something out.

BTW, I'm still sending in PM requests to amazon. Maybe they'll do it if enough people have sent request in.

They have the Collector's Edition for $40 at Gamestop in New York. It's better than the hassle of traveling. I really think Gamestop buys out the Collector's Editions around here. Makes no sense there's never any copies of special editions, no Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition and no Dead Space 2 in their special editions. Should I play Dead Space 1 before getting 2?

Thanks guys. Struck out in long island.

I wanted the ps3 ce, but they kept refering me to the limited edition.

We tried goku, and thanks for the offer aznhero. I really don't want to spend $40 at gamestop, but will hope for a drop.

u could get dead space 2 just to hold onto and play later... dead space is definitely worth playing first in order to fully appreciate what they did with dead space 2. i prefer 1 because its survival based and much scarier, but 2 is good too.

[quote name='karyadi']They have the Collector's Edition for $40 at Gamestop in New York. It's better than the hassle of traveling. I really think Gamestop buys out the Collector's Editions around here. Makes no sense there's never any copies of special editions, no Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition and no Dead Space 2 in their special editions. Should I play Dead Space 1 before getting 2?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='karyadi']They have the Collector's Edition for $40 at Gamestop in New York. It's better than the hassle of traveling. I really think Gamestop buys out the Collector's Editions around here. Makes no sense there's never any copies of special editions, no Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition and no Dead Space 2 in their special editions. Should I play Dead Space 1 before getting 2?[/QUOTE]

yup most definitely play the first dead space before you even touch the second one.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Thanks guys. Struck out in long island.

I wanted the ps3 ce, but they kept refering me to the limited edition.

We tried goku, and thanks for the offer aznhero. I really don't want to spend $40 at gamestop, but will hope for a drop.[/QUOTE]

yeah $40 bucks is a bit of out my price range as well....if it was $30, i would consider it but $40 plus tax?.........ehhhhhh i could wait lol

yes we did tried sir:applause:.....we sure did:applause:

i got the regular edition when it was on 20 bucks at sears, the only good thing about the special edition is the zealot suit because the plasma cutter replica is a joke

yo jiggyteddy im gonna head there tommorrow to see if any are left and if they do have some just send me the money through paypal and pm me your address and il send you the game. your on a mission for this game and ima help you out.

[quote name='mangas']yo jiggyteddy im gonna head there tommorrow to see if any are left and if they do have some just send me the money through paypal and pm me your address and il send you the game. your on a mission for this game and ima help you out.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the offer. PM sent.

Please don't hassle yourself for me. Last thing I want to be is inconveniencing you.

[quote name='mangas']they were out of them i dont see how when they had five copies left a few days ago. i tried though.[/QUOTE]

$15 off is apparently enough of a discount to really move them. I was a little surprised too since they were languishing on the shelves of the Best Buys near me at $39.99. Then, bam, knock the price down by $15 and they're all gone!

they were kept in the back when i went a few days ago and had to ask an employee to grab me one. someone else went and cleaned them out.

I have an extra one I picked up for 360; haven't seen any for PS3 ever though. I do know where a store has 4 PC LE copies tucked away for $31.xx though.

[quote name='fortunado']I have an extra one I picked up for 360; haven't seen any for PS3 ever though. I do know where a store has 4 PC LE copies tucked away for $31.xx though.[/QUOTE]

Can i buy that extra one off of you?...My kind sir:cool:

[quote name='fortunado']I have an extra one I picked up for 360; haven't seen any for PS3 ever though. I do know where a store has 4 PC LE copies tucked away for $31.xx though.[/QUOTE]

Is that the going rate for the pc versions? Mine are still marked $79.99

Sorry for the double post, but is this price ymmv? I'm at a BB, but it rings through at 39.99 for some reason.

Even asked him to total the transaction, but still costing me 40+... Damn just when I find a store with stock. Both versions ringing in at 39.99 tonight.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Sorry for the double post, but is this price ymmv? I'm at a BB, but it rings through at 39.99 for some reason.

Even asked him to total the transaction, but still costing me 40+... Damn just when I find a store with stock. Both versions ringing in at 39.99 tonight.[/QUOTE]

I think the sale is over....

OMG bro!!! FYL!!!

Man, Dead Space 2 being on sale and lowered price now and earlier, I regret buying it when it came out. Usually you want to buy a game asap because you wanna play it asap... thing is.. I haven't even started on Dead Space 2... so that was a waste, $75 for the CE and then the game alone drops to $40 after 3 months of being out or something like that... bleh.

I was new to all this, barely got my PS3 in Oct. and pre-ordered Dead Space 2 in Nov after I beat the first one. But now I know. I gotta learn what kind of games tend to price drop so soon, it seems some games price drop right away and others never drop even a year later or even two years later maybe being $10 price drop at best.

[quote name='aznhero913']I think the sale is over....

OMG bro!!! FYL!!![/QUOTE]
Yeah seriously man.

You wanna know what the messed up part is? The store I was at tonight was also one I visited last week to hunt it down for $24.99!!! They told me they didn't have it last week!

I was in the store tonight because of a private BB rewards zone event, and figured I'd ask for shits and giggles. Sure enough this game was somehow in stock tonight, but not last week. That is what pisses me off the most.

And if it was a one week sale, they surely will not honor last week's price today. Seriously fml.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Yeah seriously man.

You wanna know what the messed up part is? The store I was at tonight was also one I visited last week to hunt it down for $24.99!!! They told me they didn't have it last week!

I was in the store tonight because of a private BB rewards zone event, and figured I'd ask for shits and giggles. Sure enough this game was somehow in stock tonight, but not last week. That is what pisses me off the most.

And if it was a one week sale, they surely will not honor last week's price today. Seriously fml.[/QUOTE]

All over a game? Calm down bud, it will cheap again soon enough.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Yeah seriously man.

And if it was a one week sale, they surely will not honor last week's price today. Seriously fml.[/QUOTE]

what store is it sooo i can go curse them the hell out.....:hot::hot::hot: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm SOOOO MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

and they had BOTH version? EXTRA tight:hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']All over a game? Calm down bud, it will cheap again soon enough.[/QUOTE]

You're saying this on a forum DEDICATED to VIDEO GAMES....nonetheless he's mad because he went looking everywhere for a sell priced item that was supposedly Out of stock...but then gets told that it's In-stock at a store that he tried before and was lied to by a lazy employee.

did i also mention that he traveled in 105 degree weather.

So honestly, no he shouldn't calm down

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back