Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition $79.99

Tim7890

CAG Veteran
Check out Gamestop for picture and detail:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=84604

The Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition comes with:
  • Full game as well as the critically acclaimed Dead Space Extraction with Sony Move compatibility
  • Isaac Clark’s collectible replica Plasma Cutter. Plasma Cutter is modeled from the new design in Dead Space 2 and features trigger activated LED lights.
  • The Dead Space 2 Original Soundtrack. Soundtrack features an hour of music compiled from the score of Dead Space 2. Also included is a Scoring of Dead Space 2 featurette.
  • Rare lithograph depicting Necromorph transformation concept art by Visceral Games artist Brett Marting.
  • Isaac Unitology Suit and accompanying Force Gun in-game items. Each offer unique advantages to the player when used in Dead Space 2.

[quote name='miriamleo']Despite their quoting in the E3 conference, EA will most likely put Extraction in the 360 LE version too. If they don't they will put some other stuffs to make it up.

Also, seeing how cheap this LE is, don't hold your breath on the Cutter. It will most likely be pretty cheap quality. You get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]

That cutter is going straight to ebay so hopefully even if it's small people will want it. (they did pay me $15 for an in-game helmet code for Halo: Reach)

I wouldn't pay for Extraction, but not getting it for free is pretty lame. PS3 owners got the MP Beta too.

One of the devs speaking on Neogaf:

"The Plasma Cutter in the Collector's Edition is a mini one (it has to fit in the box, after all), about 5 x 7 inches. But it does have working lasers!"

Sorry to anyone hoping for a 1:1 model, but I'm still really excited about the CE :D Hopefully Amazon gets it up soon.

[quote name='L0RDTemplar']One of the devs speaking on Neogaf:

"The Plasma Cutter in the Collector's Edition is a mini one (it has to fit in the box, after all), about 5 x 7 inches. But it does have working lasers!"

Sorry to anyone hoping for a 1:1 model, but I'm still really excited about the CE :D Hopefully Amazon gets it up soon.[/QUOTE]

Oh well working lasers?! Now you've sold me! :roll:

[quote name='miriamleo']Despite their quoting in the E3 conference, EA will most likely put Extraction in the 360 LE version too. If they don't they will put some other stuffs to make it up.[/QUOTE]

I guarantee they won't.

I'm starting to wonder if this is a Gamestop exclusive. Amazon had it up a day early, took it down, then Gamestop put it up...

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I'm starting to wonder if this is a Gamestop exclusive. Amazon had it up a day early, took it down, then Gamestop put it up...[/QUOTE]

I think if that was the case, they'd be spewing that everywhere. They'll usually say something like "Gamestop-exclusive ____ Edition!!"

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']Oh well working lasers?! Now you've sold me! :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yes, but they only do damage to real life necromorphs. Good luck on tracking those elusive monsters down.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']sold. gotta have one, but like several others have already said; the scale of the replica plasma cutter will make or break this edition. anything less than full scale means it's just a throw-away toy. We're talking collectibility only if it turns out to be a 1:1 scale prop.

Now if it also rotated to allow alternate firing mode at the flick of a switch? holy, cosplay heaven.

waiting to see...

edit: from the photo, it might be difficult to judge the scale since the shot was likely a composite; but... on a stretch, when compared to the DVD case or the DVD disc; chances aren't looking good. hunch is mini-replica; which means I'll pass.

edit 2: Jan 25 is gonna be awesome either way. calendar it; time to pre-order the vanilla edition.[/QUOTE]

Do you seriously think your gonna get a game and a full size prop replica(which itself would probably be about $30 or more) for $79.99?

[quote name='L0RDTemplar']One of the devs speaking on Neogaf:

Sorry to anyone hoping for a 1:1 model, but I'm still really excited about the CE :D Hopefully Amazon gets it up soon.[/QUOTE]

5 x 7 inches is about the size of a baretta. That would be full size in my book.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I guarantee they won't.[/QUOTE]

Amen. Confirmed Extraction for 360 is the only way I'd consider buying this because I could honestly give a damn about replicas.

[quote name='Wooten']5 x 7 inches is about the size of a baretta. That would be full size in my book.[/QUOTE]

I just measured my GunCon 2 and that is around 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches, measured at the widest sections.

178929173.jpg

So it is only going to be a bit smaller then that, if my measurements are correct. :drool: :bouncy:

yeah, 5 x 7 inches is size enough to have it as a nice display piece, I already pre-ordered and got the Dead Space: Ignition with the pre-ordered, I'd say all the collectors items + the pre-order bonus is worth the $20 extra

[quote name='Wooten']5 x 7 inches is about the size of a baretta. That would be full size in my book.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, if you're familiar with the game, the weapon is much larger than a Baretta handgun. This will be a tiny replica and probably made of low grade mass produced plastic. That's not a bad thing in my book for the price, but stop kidding yourself into thinking this will be something like one of those replicas a few companies sell of videogame guns or those Airsoft replica video game guns for hundreds of dollars. It's probably a few dollars worth of materials and at retail, something like this would be $10-$12.

[quote name='bojay1997']Obviously, if you're familiar with the game, the weapon is much larger than a Baretta handgun. This will be a tiny replica and probably made of low grade mass produced plastic. That's not a bad thing in my book for the price, but stop kidding yourself into thinking this will be something like one of those replicas a few companies sell of videogame guns or those Airsoft replica video game guns for hundreds of dollars. It's probably a few dollars worth of materials and at retail, something like this would be $10-$12.[/QUOTE]

I didn't remember making any of those claims. Yes, I've played the game. Yes I figure a "real" plasma cutter would be larger than a pistol. My point was this replica (if the previous posters dimensions are correct) will be at least large enough to hold and that is all I'm really asking for/hoping for/expecting.

Just a heads up, I saw this over on Gamefaqs.com, Target online has the collector's edition for $59.99 here's the link:

*incorrect link removed*

EDIT: Nevermind, there's already a thread with this offer!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now a CE at the price of a standard edition for a game I'm certainly going to buy is right UP my alley regardless of what is or isn't included in it. >_>

Thanks Mag.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Target almost always gets it wrong with the price for CEs. It's always been the regular edition when it actually ships.[/QUOTE]

Useful information indeed. I'm guessing arguing with them to honor their screw up is a catastrophe just waiting to happen as well. Hmm... the plot thickens.

Props beyond belief to both of you kind souls for saving me a whole lot of unnecessary grief. I'll stick with any future deals for the standard unless something ridiculous awesome comes up or confirmation Xbox owners receive Extraction as well.

[quote name='INCyr']Note: Links do not support CAG. I'm not sure how to make them do so, or even if you can.[/QUOTE]

They do. I think the conversion must happen automatically.

Baldy's link-and-profit system works automatically.

unless he steps over the cord and turns off something on his house.

I wonder if they will allow those of us who preordered at amazon at the $49.25 price to upgrade to the CE?

[quote name='MAGfuz']I wonder if they will allow those of us who preordered at amazon at the $49.25 price to upgrade to the CE?[/QUOTE]

They are two different items, I don't see how they could.

[quote name='MAGfuz']I wonder if they will allow those of us who preordered at amazon at the $49.25 price to upgrade to the CE?[/QUOTE]

Sadly, probably not. I figure I'll keep my $50 preorder as well, and see if I can't get a friend to buy it off me at cost, or maybe a bit extra for my pocket. Worst comes to worst I cancel in January, and no damage done.

They would cancel you $49.25 copy and add the CE at the current $79.95 price.

I just got done talking with a live representative and this is what they had to say about preordering and promotional credit is added later.

"Thanks so much for waiting. If you pre-order a video game and if a new promotional offer is listed for the game after placing it, then your order will also qualify for that. However, if the offer is posted after the item releases and your order ships then we won't be able to apply that for you"

So it seems I will have to wait until Black Ops ships so I can use my $25 credit towards Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition.

The $20 for the credit and $5 as my preorder came up to be -$5 once I had the price changed to $54.99

I have a feeling we're gonna have a lot of trouble with those black ops credits considering now it's gone. Lots of emails...

[quote name='Duddy07']Seems the CE does not come with Ignition at the moment... :([/QUOTE]

Had to redo my reserve at Gamestop to the collector's edition and the receipt came with a the unlock code for Ignition so you could try that.

The CE at Amazon now has the bonus offer for DS ignition (PS3 or 360). So, will they send out codes for people that already pre-ordered?

[quote name='Vedder']The CE at Amazon now has the bonus offer for DS ignition (PS3 or 360). So, will they send out codes for people that already pre-ordered?[/QUOTE]

They didn't with mine, so I just canceled and reordered.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I have a feeling we're gonna have a lot of trouble with those black ops credits considering now it's gone. Lots of emails...[/QUOTE]
What was the deal with Black Ops on Amazon?

What's to stop people from preordering, canceling, preording, canceling, over and over to get the dlc codes for their friends?

[quote name='SpockBlocker']What's to stop people from preordering, canceling, preording, canceling, over and over to get the dlc codes for their friends?[/QUOTE]Nothing, which is why most preorder bonuses only get sent out when the game ships. That's the smart way to do it.

They did this with the GOW 3 demo when you pre-ordered GOW3, as well as the in-game character skin.

So they are sending out the ignition codes already or what?

EDIT: Holy shit they are sending the codes out, I got mine instantly for ordering a copy.

Because I'm a douche, I tried to add a bunch of copies of dead space 2 to my cart and then check out just like I did to get the first code and then cancel the order, but I haven't gotten any more codes. I was assuming it would work for every copy ordered but I guess not.

I tried with Fable 3, AssCreedBro, Force Unleashed 2, and another Collector's Edition of Dead Space 2 and no luck. Oh well.

hehe that plasma cutter is one of those ill-conceived purchases I always make that seems so awesome in pre-order and the 10 minutes after I receive it, and then I wonder what the hell I was thinking.

Cancelled my regular edition order and placed a new order for the collector's edition, didn't receive a new Ignition code. I imagine they might have put in an account marker or somesuch thing that won't email new codes to a tagged account. (But that's just my hypothesis.)

bread's done
Back