Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition $79.99

Tim7890

CAG Veteran
Check out Gamestop for picture and detail:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=84604

The Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition comes with:
  • Full game as well as the critically acclaimed Dead Space Extraction with Sony Move compatibility
  • Isaac Clark’s collectible replica Plasma Cutter. Plasma Cutter is modeled from the new design in Dead Space 2 and features trigger activated LED lights.
  • The Dead Space 2 Original Soundtrack. Soundtrack features an hour of music compiled from the score of Dead Space 2. Also included is a Scoring of Dead Space 2 featurette.
  • Rare lithograph depicting Necromorph transformation concept art by Visceral Games artist Brett Marting.
  • Isaac Unitology Suit and accompanying Force Gun in-game items. Each offer unique advantages to the player when used in Dead Space 2.

[quote name='FeralWraith']Cancelled my regular edition order and placed a new order for the collector's edition, didn't receive a new Ignition code. I imagine they might have put in an account marker or somesuch thing that won't email new codes to a tagged account. (But that's just my hypothesis.)[/QUOTE]

That's what I figured too, but that's kind of unfair to people who legitimately order more than one copy. They should get more than 1 Ignition code.

I'm tempted to create another account for another code but I'm still debating.

EDIT: Yeah you're right, I made another fake account, ordered TWO copies of standard edition Dead Space 2 in ONE order and they emailed me a single code. Apparently it's per account and 1 per order.

It has to be that way, otherwise every asshole is just going to re-order several dozen times and go try to sell the codes on ebay.

[quote name='FeralWraith']It has to be that way, otherwise every asshole is just going to re-order several dozen times and go try to sell the codes on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Like me.

[quote name='hustletron']Like me.[/QUOTE]

No, you're right that people should be able to get more than 1 code, as long as there is more than 1 legitimate user of that code (for instance, a family member or a friend who maybe doesn't have access to the internet).

But if the only reason a person is getting more than 1 code is for their own profit, then that's the entire reason this kind of system is in place.

Basically, it comes down to intent.

[quote name='hustletron']Like me.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? What's the point of selling codes for something that can be purchased for $5 anyway? How much can you really make doing that?

[quote name='bojay1997']Seriously? What's the point of selling codes for something that can be purchased for $5 anyway? How much can you really make doing that?[/QUOTE]

First of all I never said I was selling them, I wanted to see how the codes were actually obtained, similar to how they claimed you had to preorder Medal of Honor, then Best Buy comes out with an email form on their website that allowed you to get as many codes as you had email addresses.

Second of all, you know how much the Reach recon helmet codes, the Fallout New Vegas preorder codes are going for on ebay?

[quote name='hustletron']First of all I never said I was selling them, I wanted to see how the codes were actually obtained, similar to how they claimed you had to preorder Medal of Honor, then Best Buy comes out with an email form on their website that allowed you to get as many codes as you had email addresses.

Second of all, you know how much the Reach recon helmet codes, the Fallout New Vegas preorder codes are going for on ebay?[/QUOTE]

But this is already for sale on the PSN and XBL. It costs $5. No one's going to pay you more than that.

[quote name='rainking187']But this is already for sale on the PSN and XBL. It costs $5. No one's going to pay you more than that.[/QUOTE]

I guess reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits.

[quote name='hustletron']I guess reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you didn't explicitly say you were selling them, then commented on how much codes like this go for on eBay. Makes me think you were at least considering it.

[quote name='rainking187']Yeah, you didn't explicitly say you were selling them, then commented on how much codes like this go for on eBay. Makes me think you were at least considering it.[/QUOTE]

So what if I was going to attempt to sell them? What does that have to do with this sale and what difference does it make to you? I already said I wasn't selling them I just made a point about how DLC codes actually do sell for a lot. I'm glad the topic has shifted onto what I will do with the code I found I could get for free for a game which I'm currently playing right now.

I swear some of you fuckin people need to get a life.

By the way, you're welcome for further confirming you can get a free code by preordering then canceling from Amazon.

Man, I don't know which one to order, the PS3 version or the 360. The 360 is my preferred console since I despise the PS3 controller, but the new HD version of Extraction coming with the PS3 CE is pretty freaking cool. I don't have a Move yet but will likely get one eventually.

Anyone know what the projected price point on the PS3 version of Extraction is going to be? Will there be anything extra in the 360 CE to fill the loss of not getting Extraction in it? Do I give up comfort for an extra game? Decisions, decisions... :(

[quote name='robbrism']Man, I don't know which one to order, the PS3 version or the 360. The 360 is my preferred console since I despise the PS3 controller, but the new HD version of Extraction coming with the PS3 CE is pretty freaking cool. I don't have a Move yet but will likely get one eventually.

Anyone know what the projected price point on the PS3 version of Extraction is going to be? Will there be anything extra in the 360 CE to fill the loss of not getting Extraction in it? Do I give up comfort for an extra game? Decisions, decisions... :([/QUOTE]

My guess would be $20, but that's purely a guess, with absolutely nothing substantial to back it up.

The PS3 offer sounds great and all, but I actually like to play with my friends...so Xbox it is! Can't wait for the new multiplayer.

anyone else that got a code from amazon able to get it to work? I went to the site put the code in and then the code it gave me to put in my 360 does not work.

Dead Space Ignition, my first 200/200. \\:D/

that last cheevo for under 25 mins was a close call. I'm ready for Jan 25! I hope the Sprawl has unexpected new surprises in the same manner as Ishimura.

I feel like I'm going to be the only one playing PC multiplayer. Someone play the world's smallest violin for me. Or buy it for the PC. Either works.

bread's done
Back