Dead Space 2 -- Discussion

jaredstorm

CAGiversary!

Dead Space 2 is a survival horror game that takes place in 2511, three years after the events of Dead Space and Dead Space: Aftermath, on the Sprawl, a densely populated metropolis built on a shard of Titan, a moon of Saturn. The mental illness caused by the Marker appears to be permanent and continues to have an effect on the protagonist Isaac Clarke. The government will continue to have a place in the storyline. The game will begin in a hospital aboard the Sprawl. Players will witness the horror of the Necromorph infection as it begins in the station.

-------------------------------------------------

Achievement List

Metacritic

Reviews
IGN - 9.0
Joystiq - 8
GamePro - 10
Destructoid - 9.5

Isaac Clarke is finally back, in one of the scariest survival horror games to date.

Definitely one of my most anticipated games this year.

Please discuss this inevitably amazing game!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to personally thank you for creating a thread for this game. It only took little more than a week before launch for someone to do it, haha. I'm seriously looking forward to the L4D esque aspect of the multiplayer. Anything substantial enough to keep me preoccupied until MvC 3, Bulletstorm and DA2 is all I ask for.

I just watched the multiplayer stuff for the first time today. Looks a little intriguing. I said I was never gonna touch it, but it looks quite interesting.

Well into Chapter 4 with about 2 hours and 40 minutes logged in. Made it to the previously known church. Looking forward to the next Store to put away some stuff, also eager to get more inventory slots; lots of items and ammo I'm leaving behind.

Oh, did any of you end up feeling like this in Dead Space 1?: after a few chapters in you just kept swearing at the sight of any circle-shaped vent because you knew 19 times out of 20, some necromorph would come out of there are some point? You don't really get that in DS2; there's more "coming around the corner" scares this time around.

[quote name='bluedotlounge']
Well into Chapter 4 with about 2 hours and 40 minutes logged in. Made it to the previously known church. Looking forward to the next Store to put away some stuff, also eager to get more inventory slots; lots of items and ammo I'm leaving behind.
Oh, did any of you end up feeling like this in Dead Space 1?: after a few chapters in you just kept swearing at the sight of any circle-shaped vent because you knew 19 times out of 20, some necromorph would come out of there are some point? You don't really get that in DS2; there's more "coming around the corner" scares this time around.
[/QUOTE]
How are you playing DS2 already? besides the demo that's out

[quote name='razrvamp']I have this pre ordered on PS3 if anyone is down for some multiplayer next week when it drops hit me up[/QUOTE]
Razr will do PM me your PS tag and we'll hook it up

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']Awesome man sorry I posted before I saw your response. Do you review for a magazine or site or blog?[/QUOTE]

Various sites and blogs. My impressions piece (after I clear Chapter 5) will be up this Friday.

That's how it went down in the demo until you got to your first shop station then you could upgrade to the new suit. I thought that was a nice touch. The little things really do matter to some gamers like myself.

[quote name='2DMention']Is extraction Move compatible?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I'm willing to bet Extraction will come to PSN too. If not, then oh well!

As for the asteroid part, I hope not! Both DS1 and DS:E have had them though.

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']Someone asked about Extraction coming to PSN I think? I know it comes in the Collectors Edition if you ordered that.[/QUOTE]

Haven't heard anything about it personally.

Yeah me 2, I'll watch it. I love the story of Dead Space and the way the story was told through the first game, Extraction, and the first movie. I will wait for a price drop though.

I heard that its only the limited edition of dead space 2 for the PS3 that comes with extraction but amazon only has the regular edition listed. I also heard that if you preordered DS2 for the PS3 it would come with the full game of extraction but all the covers i see at walmart, target websites show that its only the demo of extraction, anyone know if you preorder from amazon if you get the copy of DS2 with the full game?

[quote name='JimBodack']I heard that its only the limited edition of dead space 2 for the PS3 that comes with extraction but amazon only has the regular edition listed. I also heard that if you preordered DS2 for the PS3 it would come with the full game of extraction but all the covers i see at walmart, target websites show that its only the demo of extraction, anyone know if you preorder from amazon if you get the copy of DS2 with the full game?[/QUOTE]

You should be in a PS3 thread.

On a different note, it appears that DS2 will contain a code to unlock Ser Isaac of Clarke's Armor in Dragon Age II.

Already listed mine on eBay!:D

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Already listed mine on eBay!:D[/QUOTE]

Haha. Thats ridiculous! How much do things like that usually go for on there?

[quote name='jaredstorm']Haha. Thats ridiculous! How much do things like that usually go for on there?[/QUOTE]

Well, I've seen various pieces of DLC go for anything between $15 and $100. Hopefully, this one will be the later!!

[quote name='Necrozilla']I heard D.S.2. uses 2 discs on X.360., is it true [the reviewer with an early copy]?[/QUOTE]

Can't say, they sent me the PS3 version.

Current time: 5:16:26 / just reached Chapter 7

At this point I can say that most of you won't have to worry about not being scared enough. I've been scared plenty. I also love how rooms with Stores, Benches, and Save points are no less safe from necromorphs than any of the other rooms, but I guess it was kinda like that too in DS1, no?

[quote name='bluedotlounge']At this point I can say that most of you won't have to worry about not being scared enough. I've been scared plenty. I also love how rooms with Stores, Benches, and Save points are no less safe from necromorphs than any of the other rooms, but it was kinda like that too in DS1.[/QUOTE]
I've never been attacked while in a room with a bench (maybe because I almost always wait until it's time to move to the next area and close the door behind me), but I've had some close calls while using the store. Several times I've exited to find a necromorph waiting patiently behind me, as if standing in line to make a purchase. Only instances I can recall of the AI being weird in DS1.

I've read that all the wrapped bodies near the tram at the start of the "twinkle twinkle" level will come to life if you try using the store without first disposing of them.

bluedotlounge, can you confirm if DS2 is 2 discs long?

And another tidbit, the cheat codes from DS1 work! I just tried all of them in the demo. Oxygen/Stasis, credits, and nodes all worked. :)

[quote name='jaredstorm']bluedotlounge, can you confirm if DS2 is 2 discs long?

And another tidbit, the cheat codes from DS1 work! I just tried all of them in the demo. Oxygen/Stasis, credits, and nodes all worked. :)[/QUOTE]
As if they'll be necessary if the item drops are anything like DS1; by only using one or two weapons I'm practically swimming in useless ammo and health/stasis/O2 that I can sell to get whatever I need.

[quote name='jaredstorm']bluedotlounge, can you confirm if DS2 is 2 discs long?

And another tidbit, the cheat codes from DS1 work! I just tried all of them in the demo. Oxygen/Stasis, credits, and nodes all worked. :)[/QUOTE]

Not sure. I was actually sent the PS3 version (sorry for being on the wrong system board; you guys just sounded more excited).

Haha! We are more excited! I know I am, but many people have been hearing the X360 version is 2 discs. If this is the case I'll be sad, I plan on buying DS2 for both systems... just the 360 first. Controller is better in my opinions.

[quote name='jaredstorm']Haha! We are more excited! I know I am, but many people have been hearing the X360 version is 2 discs. If this is the case I'll be sad, I plan on buying DS2 for both systems... just the 360 first. Controller is better in my opinions.[/QUOTE]

Don't miss out on extraction now!

bread's done
Back