Dead Space 2 LE Hardcover Guide $26.39

Why the mystery price in the title?
"available and discounted" vs. "$26.39"
You people never cease to amaze me.

[quote name='ssjmichael']it'll get cheaper[/QUOTE]
Look at the Fallout New Vegas CE guide price... has stayed the same .. made by same company, hardback, nicely made

$40 for a guide?! Bwahahaha! I feel sorry for the idiot that pays that much. Highway robbery!

Anyway, $26 is still a bit high in my mind; but compared to the MSRP, it's a good price. Thanks for the heads-up, OP!

It looks pretty nice to me. I especially like that it includes Extraction and Ignition information. Eh, I might grab it.

[quote name='gantt']Why the mystery price in the title?
"available and discounted" vs. "$26.39"
You people never cease to amaze me.[/QUOTE]
Because two threads were merged into one.

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']Just got mine for $16.39 sweeeeeeeet haha[/QUOTE]

How? This would be a total steal if everyone could get this price. I'm assuming you had credit, though.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Because two threads were merged into one.[/QUOTE]

My comment was made before the threads were merged.

But now I see the "mystery price" thread was a repost as well. Double fail.

Isn't there already a thread for reduced price game guides? Pretty sure there is.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']How? This would be a total steal if everyone could get this price. I'm assuming you had credit, though.[/QUOTE]
Didn't have one before the call but after a brief chat on the phone I was given one then I placed my order

And why do people waste time and effort to post on a thread they aren't pleased with, simply because someone (me) didn't see this posted anywhere else (and I did look) and is a similar post. I am trying to extend a reduced price to fellow cag'rs. If you don't like it don't read it.

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']Didn't have one before the call but after a brief chat on the phone I was given one then I placed my order[/QUOTE]
Wait what call? Can I make a call?

[quote name='h4mx0r']Wait what call? Can I make a call?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm with you. What call? I have no idea what the GOS is talking about!!!!!!!

I never email Amazon I always go to (help) then (contact us) and have them call me immediately.. Talk to a rep. I was talking to him simply enough about other deals I had gotten on the site, he went over some credits I had. One that expired before I used it for like $2 a while back. I asked him is there a way for being a loyal repeat customer could he credit that back to me.. and voila! I'll give you a $10 credit for your loyal service. Thank you sir .. $16.39 for a $40 nice ass hardback collectors guide to match my sick ass Dead Space 2 collectors edition.. shipped free

Oh and side note I can't find the original Dead Space 2 thread but I happened to find some great close up shots of the actual Plasma gun included if you all would like to check it out.

http://www.devicemag.com/2010/11/01/dead-space-2-collectors-edition-plasma-cutter-pictures/

[quote name='mattcube64']$40 for a guide?! Bwahahaha! I feel sorry for the idiot that pays that much. Highway robbery![/QUOTE]

Collectible is collectible. Look at the Fallout 3 GOTY hardcover guide. Brand new on ebay is (or was, I haven't looked at it in awhile) $80. People will pay that. So if the guide ends up being highly sought-after, $23 wouldn't be bad at all. I'm probably going to jump on it just because I love guides.

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']I never email Amazon I always go to (help) then (contact us) and have them call me immediately.. Talk to a rep. I was talking to him simply enough about other deals I had gotten on the site, he went over some credits I had. One that expired before I used it for like $2 a while back. I asked him is there a way for being a loyal repeat customer could he credit that back to me.. and voila! I'll give you a $10 credit for your loyal service. Thank you sir .. $16.39 for a $40 nice ass hardback collectors guide to match my sick ass Dead Space 2 collectors edition.. shipped free

Oh and side note I can't find the original Dead Space 2 thread but I happened to find some great close up shots of the actual Plasma gun included if you all would like to check it out.

http://www.devicemag.com/2010/11/01/dead-space-2-collectors-edition-plasma-cutter-pictures/[/QUOTE]

So what issue exactly did you contact Amazon for? Just shooting the breeze about deals you've gotten? Wondering if you can get $2 back? Sounds like you were just trying to exploit their kindness. Wouldn't be surprised if you've done this before either.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']$40 MSRP on a guide ?

now that is just BULLSHIT ![/QUOTE]
it's msrp.. meaning it will be like 25-30$ in most stores, just like how blu-rays are 39.99msrp but 10-20$, or BR tv sets at 69-89 and end up going for 20-40$.

very few things actually go for the suggested retail price.

[quote name='ssjmichael']it'll get cheaper[/QUOTE]

As predicted, it's now down to $24.27. Still has room to go down a bit more, like many other LE guides

When you think about the fact that some people here wait years for a game to drop $10-20, $2 for a week doesn't sound as bad lol

[quote name='ssjmichael']When you think about the fact that some people here wait years for a game to drop $10-20, $2 for a week doesn't sound as bad lol[/QUOTE]

Well, that's true. But I'd rather have the guide for my first playthrough. If I hadn't gotten the guide day of, I'd of probably not gotten it. They're almost useless if you've already played through the game.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Well, that's true. But I'd rather have the guide for my first playthrough. If I hadn't gotten the guide day of, I'd of probably not gotten it. They're almost useless if you've already played through the game.[/QUOTE]
If you truly only want the guide to actually use it as a guide, then why not just save the money and log on to the many cheat/guide/trophy/achievement sites and get the info for free? If you want it for that AND collecting, then fine, but otherwise, these guides are a waste of money since most web sites have far more valuable info and insights/tricks.

[quote name='wrencrest']If you truly only want the guide to actually use it as a guide, then why not just save the money and log on to the many cheat/guide/trophy/achievement sites and get the info for free? If you want it for that AND collecting, then fine, but otherwise, these guides are a waste of money since most web sites have far more valuable info and insights/tricks.[/QUOTE]

Well, I like to collect them, and I don't want to have to get up every 5 minutes and take myself away from the game to go read something in another room.

It's a nice guide. The art and extras are all really cool, and the walkthrough is fairly thorough. Some things are missed, however, but it is a nice guide.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Well, I like to collect them, and I don't want to have to get up every 5 minutes and take myself away from the game to go read something in another room.[/QUOTE]
Thats cool, very reasonable. Which is why I am glad I have a work laptop and wireless broadband at home. It is great to be able to look up certain things on the fly.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']It's a nice guide. The art and extras are all really cool, and the walkthrough is fairly thorough. Some things are missed, however, but it is a nice guide.[/QUOTE]

Is it worth getting the collectable edition vs. the regular version? The regular version is almost half the price - that's a hefty increase for a couple of extras. (And I say this as a big fan of the Dead Space series.)

[quote name='INCyr']Is it worth getting the collectable edition vs. the regular version? The regular version is almost half the price - that's a hefty increase for a couple of extras. (And I say this as a big fan of the Dead Space series.)[/QUOTE]

Not just a couple of extras. There is a hefty art section, and quite a few extras, including DLC descriptions and a Unitology alphabet. If you're a fan, buy this. If you're just getting it to get through the game, then go with the regular.

Like the above said.. if you just want help beating this game and thats it.. just go on youtube and watch videos..

If you are a true fan of the game and loved the first one too. Grab the LE version. It's design looks great, the pictures and description of characters and suits as well as the storyline looks great too.

I'm a perfectionist. I noticed some big things missing and some in different places than what was in the book. I played through my first time on Zealot.. just finished it off.. have to say the end had me worried I wouldn't be able to finish it because I was low on a certain ammo haha

bread's done
Back