Dead Space Contest...game...thing.

Dual45s

CAGiversary!
http://www.noknownsurvivors.com/#/hub

Still working on what the hell is going on, but you can win 1 of 100 copies of the game.

Edit: Found the rules. Maybe we can all work together to get these answers right.

• Beginning 12:00:01 AM EDT on Monday September 1st, 2008 through 11:59:59 PM EDT on October 13th, 2008 (the 'Contest Period'), log on to www.noknownsurvivors.com (the 'Site') and follow the instructions to register for the Ishimura Aptitude Test. Entrants can enter the quiz section of the www.noknownsurvivors.com web site through the designated "Ishimura Aptitude Test" terminal on the web site. LOGIN or REGISTER and begin working on the questions provided in the Ishimura Aptitude test terminal. Each week there will be between six (6) and ten (10) new questions updated on the page in a new section of the www.noknownsurvivors.com web site. Each time an entrant would like to complete new questions he or she will have to LOGIN or REGISTER. All questions will be free-form text submissions; all questions are displayed on one page with a global SUBMIT button at the bottom. Text fields with no content are treated as an incorrect answers. Upon submission, answers are validated, and data is returned to entrant with the number of questions answered correctly and the number of questions answered incorrectly, which answers were incorrect, which answers were correct, and an update to the total number of points accrued to that date by the entrant.
  • Entrants; scores are displayed in a global "Total Score" area referred to as the leaderboards at deadspace.ea.com/noknownsurvivors. Returned questions with CORRECT answers are locked and cannot be accessed again. For questions with INCORRECT answers, entrants are locked from resubmitting answers until the following day. Each new day begins at 12:01am EDT . Other than as noted above, entrants are able to go back to previous outstanding questions at any time throughout the Contest Period and submit answers.
  • SCORING
  • 1. On Monday of each week during the Contest Period between six (6) and ten (10) new questions will be added to the Site. A correct answer to each question is worth 10 points on the Monday that thequestion is released.
  • 2. Each correct answer to a question loses 20% of its value at 12:00:01 AM EDT each day following the Monday release of the question until Friday of the week the question was released. See the chart below illustrating scoring.
  • 3. On and after the first Friday following the release of a question, the point value for each correct answer to such question shall be and remain 2 points through the end of the Contest Period.
    Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday 10 8 6 4 2 (through end of Contest Period)

I gave up already. Official Rules proclaim the contest starts on Sept. 1st, but you were supposed to answer the questions for the most points LAST Monday.

Week 2 (which was supposed to start yesterday) never got off the ground. Most people have no idea how to move or do anything on 1.2, much less get to the second terminal (like a small few have already apparently done).

Good luck to anybody trying to get on the leaderboard at this point.

First test

1. Corporation ID= CEC
2. Ship ID= Ishimura
3. Marker Contact= 200 years
4. Planetcrack subject= Aegis 7
5. Unitologist mantra= Altman be praised
6. Number of phlanges= 7
7.Dangerous tool= Line Cutter
8. I HOLD YOUR HAND IN MINE D (this answer did not work for me but it suppose to be correct so maybe I misspelled it or something)

Second test

1. Union Square
2. MK01829
3. Social Interaction Analysis Report
4. Captain Mathius
5. McKenzies Pub
6. Deacon Abbott
7. Black
8. The Dead Walk The Ship

Thanks for the heads up, OP. And thanks for the answer, Tako.

*Edit*

"8. I HOLD YOUR HAND IN MINE D" from the first test should be "I Hold Your Hand In Mined".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RAY16']Thanks for the heads up, OP. And thanks for the answer, Tako.

*Edit*

"8. I HOLD YOUR HAND IN MINE D" from the first test should be "I Hold Your Hand In Mined".
[/quote]

I ahve tried it many different ways and cannot get that answer to work all caps, no caps, some caps, with a space, with no space. It sucks but at least i am in the top 20 right now. What sites are ya'll using to get the answers from?

ep 1.3 answers (well except for the last one, couldn't get it):

1. o-deck
2. 3
3. mother
4. unitologist
5. trinity
6. katie
7. dead rock
8. ?????????

p.s. and thanx OP, wasn't aware of this contest :)

[quote name='Chris.fms']I ahve tried it many different ways and cannot get that answer to work all caps, no caps, some caps, with a space, with no space. It sucks but at least i am in the top 20 right now. What sites are ya'll using to get the answers from?[/quote]

Hmmm... attaching the "d" to "mine" worked for me. Weird... o_O

Thanks for the new answers, Stormedtrooper.

[quote name='RAY16']Hmmm... attaching the "d" to "mine" worked for me. Weird... o_O

Thanks for the new answers, Stormedtrooper.[/quote]

Worked for me as well. Thanks!

Anyone know the password to the social interaction analysis report section on his middle screen?

****Password for the SIAR simulated conversations is 'big date.'****

They changed the question for #7 on section 2.1!!

1. 3 HAPPY SPACEMEN
2. 20
3. SUN COLA
4. 22599 CREDITS
5. CARACAS
6. MORGUE
7. SUPERNOVA
8. ABSENCE MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER

Monday, new chapter is up, seems like it's just a video, no section for questions. Also, still can't get the final password from last week. Anyone?

I imagine someone of you got to watch the video of the guy and chick talking in 1.3 when you put in the code "dead rock" in the big screen...anyways they said something about a ancient religion/culture gaia...and that religion's alphabet is in Greek and I was looking at some of the letters with the cipher....does that have anything to do with it by any chance?

Here's a link of the letters....:

http://www.cs.utk.edu/~Mclennan/BA/LAO.html

They look even more like Viking runes to me.
Berkano (b)
Berkano.gif

Raido(R)
Raidho.gif

Kenaz(C)
Kenaz.gif

Ehwaz(m)
Ehwaz.gif

Ingwaz(O)
Ingwaz.gif

Hagalaz(H)
Hagalaz.gif

This is the most convoluted thing I've ever seen. I want it to be my baby because I wish I had made something this difficult to get something free out of.

[quote name='wii skiier']This is the most convoluted thing I've ever seen. I want it to be my baby because I wish I had made something this difficult to get something free out of.[/quote]:lol:

1. 3 Happy Spacemen
2. 20
3. Sun Cola
4. 22,599 Credits
5. Caracas
6. Morgue
7. Supernova
8. Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Wish I had gotten into this thing from the start; I'm *only* 42 points out of the top 100 and only have that damn decipher question from 1.3 to answer yet.

[quote name='Pirate331']Wish I had gotten into this thing from the start; I'm *only* 42 points out of the top 100 and only have that damn decipher question from 1.3 to answer yet.[/quote]

You and me both brother. The sad thing is that we're never going to catch up either. Just a heads up, the fuckers at EA have changed the question to #7. The correct answer is up now.

Maybe some of the losers with multiple entries will drop out and ya'll can get in. I am in 17th place so far and hope i can hold on for another 2 weeks.

Somehow, I'm hanging in the leaderboard at #86 (basically tied for 85th), 6 points away from falling off entirely.

I wonder if they'll fix the scores for the first week...if so, I would be even higher up.

Good luck to you guys! I'm sitting at 150 points, so I'm WAY out of contention. But I love puzzle stuff so I'll help out when I'm able.

I'm 84 lol....this late after this week's contest came out means I won't be falling off...at least not until next week.....more than likely two more weeks of contest, then the third week will be without questions

here's hoping

Courtesy of darkcyder on gamespot forumns. I have not entered these yet so i cannot confirm they are right. I am waiting to see if someone gets the audio message. I would love to be able to jump into the top 10 and get one of the Limited Edition games.

1. Dennis (confirmed)
2. Mach Room (confirmed)
3. Sector Patrol Observation Terminal (confirmed)
4. 17 (confirmed)
5. 234 (confirmed)
6. Invitation to Andromeda (confirmed)
7. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (confirmed)
8. Decipher audio log archive encoded message - ???

Yeah, unfortunately it looks like that if you weren't in on this from the get go and got all the questions on Monday religiously you're outta luck. But if you go back through the thread all the answers (except for the one that nobody can figure out) are here. Who knows? Maybe 50 of those leaderboard guys are getting disqualified.

I'm 48 pts out of 100th place. So we'll see what happens.

I'm number 61 on the leaderboard, so unless this nonsense is completely pointless I should be receiving a free copy when the contest ends (although, they aren't exactly clear on what constitutes a "tie" in the rules -- I share a point count with a few people). I haven't read the rules since the start, but I'm not entirely sure these points actually mean anything. I don't recall it stating that being in the top 100 of the rankings guarantees a prize, I have a paranoid suspicion that it might not.

According to the contest rules, winners will be picked tomorrow and notified on the 14th. Well, it says picked "on or around" the 13th, and notified "on or around" the 14th, but I don't imagine there should be much of a delay. I'm interested in seeing whether or not they'll do something about people with matching point counts or if that's just all legal fluff and they don't give a crap who wins so long as they're in the top 100.

[quote name='RAY16']According to the contest rules, winners will be picked tomorrow and notified on the 14th. Well, it says picked "on or around" the 13th, and notified "on or around" the 14th, but I don't imagine there should be much of a delay. I'm interested in seeing whether or not they'll do something about people with matching point counts or if that's just all legal fluff and they don't give a crap who wins so long as they're in the top 100.[/quote]

According to one of the EA guys on the gamespot forum about this game, it has been extended until friday. So we should be seeing 1 more set of questions tomorrow.

1: EARLY BIRD
2: USM Valor
3: 117
4: 200
5: 12
6: Antony Johnston
7: Ben Templesmith
8: (unknown)

Edit: HA!
Bask in my soon to short-lived glory. I'm #62 on the list, but when people wake up I'm sure I'm toast.

[quote name='Dual45s']1: EARLY BIRD
2: USM Valor
3: 117
4: 200
5: 12
6: Antony Johnston
7: Ben Templesmith

Edit: HA! Bask in my soon to short-lived glory. I'm #62 on the list, but when people wake up I'm sure I'm toast.[/quote]

Update:

8: IT REQUIRES MORE COURAGE TO SUFFER THAN TO DIE

[quote name='MightyHealthy']8 is here - MisterToasty ingeniously figured it out...

I'm ranked 16th now...I expect to (hopefully) stay in the Top 10.[/quote]

I'm confused. Did you mean top 100?

bread's done
Back