Dead Space Extraction Wii $28.99 @Amazon.com

Nice!
Funny thing was that yesterday I was hoping Amazon would price match ToysRus and the others that had this at $29 :D

[quote name='menikmati']Tempted to pick this one up, haven't played any Wii games for months and I can definitely dig the co-op.[/QUOTE]
Me too, going to have to think about it.

This game is so good but sold terribly. We need to support hardcore games on wii on release or they are going to stop making them, sega already pulled the plug.

yeah wait for $20..I got it on BF for that price, played it for about an hour and haven't gone back since..it's pretty solid, but I think the RE and even HotD: Overkill offer a much better experience (still)

This game is pretty awesome if you like the Dead Space universe. I bought this before Christmas for $25 and I'm only on the 4th level, but only because I only play it co-op when by buddy is over at my place.

[quote name='burningrom2']This game is so good but sold terribly. We need to support hardcore games on wii on release or they are going to stop making them, sega already pulled the plug.[/QUOTE]

Very unfortunate. And what's really sad is that Nintendo fanboys try to blame it on the developers and publishers, claiming that they release shitty games. Well, this and MadWorld are just two examples are mature games that were well-made, got good reviews, and still sold like shit. I do, though, fault EA a bit for even publishing a Dead Space game on the Wii. Not only because it's a mature game, but because the fanbase for the game was all on the 360, PS3, and PC.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Definitely going to buy this, but think I can wait for a sub-$20 price.[/QUOTE]

I think this sounds about right. Even though I am tempted I think I'll wait this out.

Hmm I just ordered this with the gohastings b2g1 deal. Hopefully all my games come in good condition lol. I would have definitely jumped on this one for $30 new...only ended up paying 16 each with the gohastings deal. I wish Amazon would match the BB price on the new RE for Wii.

Just wanted to chime in with another endorsement. The game is well-presented, atmospheric, and fun. If you enjoy light gun games you can't go wrong.

I can't fault anyone for waiting for the best possible price or buying used or whatever-- we all have to look out for #1. But all of the complaints about Wii shovelware and demands for mature, big-budget titles start to ring hollow if we don't actually support games like this when they come along. Your wallet is the only vote that matters. Just sayin'.

It's so frustrating. I really want to support this game (and the franchise as a whole), but I don't even have my Wii hooked up, not to mention a sizable backlog of games to actually play on that system. And I'm pretty sure my girlfriend would kill me if I bought yet another game that I'm not going to play anytime soon. Stupid game companies need to take a year off and let me (and everyone else) get caught up on all the good games that are out there.

I am in the minority on this but I couldn't finish the game. Can't skip cutscenes even on a second viewing and there just wasn't enough action. Glad I rented from Gamefly.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Very unfortunate. And what's really sad is that Nintendo fanboys try to blame it on the developers and publishers, claiming that they release shitty games. Well, this and MadWorld are just two examples are mature games that were well-made, got good reviews, and still sold like shit. I do, though, fault EA a bit for even publishing a Dead Space game on the Wii. Not only because it's a mature game, but because the fanbase for the game was all on the 360, PS3, and PC.[/QUOTE]

Madworld is a pretty repetitive 3-4 hour affair that is totally worth $10-$20. DSE is a rail shooter in an oversaturated market of rail shooters. Im tired of butthurt publishers complaining that their rail shooter is not selling well. I know that there were dozens if not hundreds of multimillion selling rail shooters last gen but......oh wait there were only about 10 rail shooters in the 10 year history of PS2 and all sold mediocre to poor even with popular franchises(Resident Evil and to a lesser extent Dino Crisis) tied to them.

DSE isnt worth $30 as you can get a comparable game in RE:UC for $10-$20. But if that awful direct to DVD prequel to Dead Space wasn't enough to fulfill your questions about DS, this may be worth it to you.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Very unfortunate. And what's really sad is that Nintendo fanboys try to blame it on the developers and publishers, claiming that they release shitty games. Well, this and MadWorld are just two examples are mature games that were well-made, got good reviews, and still sold like shit. I do, though, fault EA a bit for even publishing a Dead Space game on the Wii. Not only because it's a mature game, but because the fanbase for the game was all on the 360, PS3, and PC.[/QUOTE]

Have you played either of the games? Madworld was really not fun past the first hour, and I pre-ordered it. DSE was a good game, but short (5 hours) with very very little replay value (the pacing is too slow to be a replayable game).

I would pick this game up for 20 or less, anymore and I don't feal it is worth the cost of admission.

Have you played either of the games? Madworld was really not fun past the first hour, and I pre-ordered it. DSE was a good game, but short (5 hours) with very very little replay value (the pacing is too slow to be a replayable game).

I would pick this game up for 20 or less, anymore and I don't feal it is worth the cost of admission.

[quote name='Kaoz']Have you played either of the games? Madworld was really not fun for me past the first hour[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for you. People need to learn the difference between a game they don't like and a bad game. 8.1 Metacritic and 9.0 user score. I have a hard time believing a game with an hour's worth of fun got those scores.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Fixed it for you. People need to learn the difference between a game they don't like and a bad game. 8.1 Metacritic and 9.0 user score. I have a hard time believing a game with an hour's worth of fun got those scores.[/QUOTE]

I never said the game was bad or that I didn't like it, in fact if you look in some of the madworld deals threads, I have been suggesting picking the game up for the budget price it is at.

What I said is that it stops being fun about an hour in (yes that is my opinion, I didn't say it was my opinion because the fact that I am posting it would tell most people that it is just my opinion and not try to call me on some stupid wording) That is as pointless as calling someone out for bad spelling or grammar. You are the one who called it a "well-made" game, which I am assuming you mean it is a good game. Why didn't you clarify that as your opinion and not fact? See how stupid nitpicking is.

But the combat is slow TO ME, and that is why it loses a good bit of fun FOR ME (HAPPY NOW?). You run to a barrel, or tire and throw it over a guys head. Then you run and find a sign, and shove it through his head. Then you can throw him into spikes, a giant saw, or under something that will smash him. That is the full depth of the combat.

This game was just overhyped IN MY OPINION because it looks good IN MY OPINION, has a unique concept IN MY OPINION, and being a M rated title is in short supply on the Wii.

Have you played it, or are you just looking at review scores and basing your opinion on someone elses opinion?

This is the last I will post on the subject in this thread, as this is the deal forums, and not the Madworld thread. Have at it.

I paid 30 for this game, and beat it over the course of 4 days. The game is fun and fairly intense, really shines with 2 players. However, it isn't particularly challenging, you cant skip the cutscenes (and they are awful and boring), and the game doesn't offer strong motivation to play through a second time. I probably won't play through this game for a long time, and therefore would recommend most to wait for the inevitable 20 dollar price drop. Great game, just not really worth 30 dollars for the amount of time it takes to beat it, and lack of replay. HOTD overkill offers a lot more for a lower price. Cant wait for sin and punishment 2!!!

$29.99 @ BB.com, but I think in-store is YMMV--since it was clearanced, my local stores don't have any in stock.

Yeah I think this has gotten a universal price drop...most all the stores in my area now have it marked down to 29.99 regular price.

bread's done
Back