DEAD: Stellar Impact Free at GMG

I managed to get the first page to load so I was able to click buy. Now I'm just trying to get my basket page to load so I can checkout. I think I'm about to give up. 

For those unfamiliar with GMG, they have a peculiar checkout procedure where a 15 minute countdown starts when you add something to your cart. This is supposedly to reserve a copy for you so you don't have to worry about it selling out while you're paying for the item. If you manage to get something in your cart, you're guaranteed to get it...as long as you complete the checkout within 15 minutes. If you don't, the order gets cancelled and the item is removed from your cart.

Given the current state of the site, it's pretty much impossible complete the checkout in 15 minutes. So even if you get it into your cart, don't expect it to stay there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to get it to go through, though I think I had 2 minutes left on the countdown timer. I just kept refreshing until it finally worked.

I can barely get the site to work because it's getting hammered. This is almost as bad as trying to buy that $10 copy of Injustice at gamestop.com

If you guys can't manage to get it free from GMG, I wouldn't worry about it. Game is dead (online multiplayer only, has no singleplayer), has no resell value.. I don't think there's a reason to own it aside from adding it to your Steam count.

I got as far as adding it to my cart, but I (repeatedly) just get a 403 Forbidden error when I attempt to check out.  I think I'm giving up, don't know when I'd ever actually play it anyway.

bread's done
Back