(DEAD)Telltale Year-End Special: 50% off digital games (not incl. BttF & Poker Night)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoGutsman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Telltale Games is doing a 30-day sale promotion starting today on their website as well as FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50. Here's the direct link to the sales promo page:

http://www.telltalegames.com/30daysoftelltale

Edit: Looks like TTG has removed the 30 Days promo from their site, so the above link just redirects you to their store page. There's a 50% off digital games deal (below) which seems to take the place of the remaining days of December. I'll update if things change.

"30 Days of Telltale" Holiday Sale
Starting Black Friday: A month of amazing deals PLUS Free Shipping on orders over $50!

It's that time of year again when the weather gets crisp, the days get shorter, and your friends at Telltale get the holiday spirit. This year is no different as we present the "30 Days of Telltale" holiday sale spectacular. Each and every day starting this Friday, November 26, and through December 25, we'll unveil a new special deal for the glorious items in the Telltale store. Most deals are good for 24 hours -- midnight to midnight PST -- so check back every day to see the newest one.

Of course, that's not all! Throughout the entire sale all orders of $50 or more get free shipping - anywhere in the world! Yes, that's right, the free shipping deal is worldwide (some exclusions apply). This is a perfect opportunity to stock up on gifts for the holidays or complete your own Telltale collection!

Year-End Special:

(Thru January 3rd, 2011) 50% off digital games (not including BttF The Game, and Poker Night, and the Telltale Holiday Pack)!

Ongoing Telltale Holiday Pack Deal:

The Telltale Holiday Pack is only $49.95 (a $175 value) and includes the following 8 games:

• Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse (all 5 episodes)
• Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space (all 5 episodes)
• Sam & Max Save the World (all 5 episodes)
• Strong Bad’s Cool Game for Attractive People (all 5 episodes)
• Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures (all 4 episodes)
• Poker Night at the Inventory
• Puzzle Agent
• Bone (both episodes)

From Telltale's product page: Note: All full-season purchases in this pack are eligible for the end-of-season DVD of each respective game. In other words, you're eligible to add each season's DVD to your shopping cart for free!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evophile']Checking on their forums...it seems its pretty broken for everyone and they are trying to fix it[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks for checking into that, evofile. I just dropped my kids off at school so I didn't have time to check on this deal myself until I got back. Do you have a link to the forum at TTG where this issue is being discussed? I'll help keep an eye on it, too.

[quote name='evophile']Checking on their forums...it seems its pretty broken for everyone and they are trying to fix it[/QUOTE]

Just went there too, Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Hey, thanks for checking into that, evofile. I just dropped my kids off at school so I didn't have time to check on this deal myself until I got back. Do you have a link to the forum at TTG where this issue is being discussed? I'll help keep an eye on it, too.[/QUOTE]

No problem,

they are discussing it specifically here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20924

and some trouble ticket stuff here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20365&page=4

W&G deal is now dead, folks. Follow the link in the OP for a (still good) deal on Secret of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition.

Okay, looks like there's a workaround that's even more generous than the original offer. Based on the thread evophile linked to above:

1) Place the DOWNLOAD version of Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures in your cart and use this code (EWG-6HV-KZX -- code expires 12am PST tonight)) to get it for free. Checkout and you'll have the download version in your account.
2) Go back to the store and place the W&GGA DVD into your cart. Checkout and you'll have the DVD on order... with FREE SHIPPING!

I *JUST* did this myself a few moments ago and got the confirmation emails for both orders stating $0.00 dollars charged on each.

MANY thanks to the Telltale Games team and Amy Lukima on the TTG forums for offering us this really wonderful deal. Remember folks, make sure to buy other things from the TTG store to show our overall support! :) (And no, I'm not affiliated in any way with TTG; I'm just a fan like many of you! :D)

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Okay, looks like there's a workaround that's even more generous than the original offer. Based on the thread evophile linked to above:

1) Place the DOWNLOAD version of Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures in your cart and use this code (EWG-6HV-KZX -- code expires 12am PST tonight)) to get it for free. Checkout and you'll have the download version in your account.
2) Go back to the store and place the W&GGA DVD into your cart. Checkout and you'll have the DVD on order... with FREE SHIPPING!

I *JUST* did this myself a few moments ago and got the confirmation emails for both orders stating $0.00 dollars charged on each.

MANY thanks to the Telltale Games team and Amy Lukima on the TTG forums for offering us this really wonderful deal. Remember folks, make sure to buy other things from the TTG store to show our overall support! :) (And no, I'm not affiliated in any way with TTG; I'm just a fan like many of you! :D)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that! I actually just came across the code in the thread but didn't understand how it worked exactly (or more specifically how we were supposed to get the disc too, I figured out the digital part).

Interestingly enough on their Twitter they announced the deal as the Monkey Island Deluxe from yesterday coming back

It still asked for my credit card info, so I checked out via PayPal. I ended up having to pay a penny to get the "free" DVD. What a ripoff! :p

Ordered DL and DVD! I was able to also purchase my "free just pay shipping" end of season DVD for Tales of Monkey Island that I got for $5 on National Pirates Day when I included it with the other DVD order! I payed a penny through paypal too.

No prob, evophile! You did the early detective work, so I have to give you most of the credit.

I noted on TTG's 30 Days page that they swapped the W&G promo to the Monkey Island one you mentioned. I tested the W&G code, too, and it still works. Hm! I'll keep checking throughout the evening.

I already bought the full seasons of W&G and Monkey Island previously, so I picked up the DVD sets for each with free shipping. Thanks for the heads-up!

For those having problems ordering the Dvd. Checkout completely with the DD and than go back and add the DVD and it worked for me. (Before I checked out with DD it kept trying to charge me $19.99)

Were the PSN versions of Monkey Island and Sam & Max 3 $19.99 during the 50% off everything days?
I would have loved to get those for $10 each. Upset if I missed that for sure... (would have liked to get Trophies in them)

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Okay, looks like there's a workaround that's even more generous than the original offer. Based on the thread evophile linked to above:

MANY thanks to the Telltale Games team and Amy Lukima on the TTG forums for offering us this really wonderful deal. Remember folks, make sure to buy other things from the TTG store to show our overall support! :) (And no, I'm not affiliated in any way with TTG; I'm just a fan like many of you! :D)[/QUOTE]

Just picked this up. Many thanks! TTG is by far one of the best around these days!

Hoping for a Sam & Max deal this month

Doesn't work anymore, says the code is invalid =/

Maybe it's just me, but the links to download these episodes is no longer showing. It shows I bought it earlier, but now the links are gone. They were there earlier, about two hours ago.

[quote name='meatwad3000']dead, site keeps telling my the code is invalid :/[/QUOTE]

Well that's unfortunate, guess they've made my purchase decision for me.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Maybe it's just me, but the links to download these episodes is no longer showing. It shows I bought it earlier, but now the links are gone. They were there earlier, about two hours ago.[/QUOTE]

Same here ... My download versions are gone, as is the invoice that I ever "purchased" them. However, the invoice for the DVD version is still listed on my account, so if you picked up the DVD, it may still be on your account as well.

So after the download links vanished, I played a request for the DVD. Even paid them $.01. Now that order is no longer showing on my invoices.

Sent them an email. It'd be nice if they'd honor it, but it sounds like this promo code shouldn't have been broadcasted.

Mine is gone too. Normally I would say that there would be some recourse but given that we got these games for free I wouldnt feel right asking them to honor it.

Zoinks, the download links in my history page are gone, as is the standing order for the W&G DVD, too. Utopianmachine is right about the broadcast; I admit that I got fairly zealous about it and should have just waited till everything shook down to update. :\ Free is great, but not if it wasn't truly meant to be.

For what it's worth, you can still order the entire collection from GamersGate.com for only $6.78. I'm going to do that right now actually, since I feel kind of yech about the whole thing. It's still a great deal and totally legit, so support the company and go for it.

P.S. I just ordered it from GamersGate. They're a fine place to download stuff. That's where I bought Dragon Age: Origins and Batman: Arkham Asylum from earlier this summer. No problems at all. Now, to download all four episodes properly this time... :)

Thank you very much OP! I ordered Wallace and Gromit and the dvds for Wallace and Gromit, Sam and Max season 1, and Tales of Monkey Island season 1 all for 2 cents + free shipping. Unlike everyone else I still got my games keys listed. :)
Anyone else who bought the games make sure your make a screenshot of the keys and invoice just in case they disappear.
EDIT: Wallace and Gromit DVD invoice was removed but the game keys and other DVD invoices are still there

They cleared up the situation for me... Here was my email reply

I realize now that someone who not affiliated with Telltale posted a misleading thread on several other sites. Wallace and Gromit was never free from the start, the banner read: Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures Retail DVD FREE with any purchase! (regularly $19.95)

Free Shipping with any purchase over $50.

If you didn't have something else in your cart when you checked out or didn't buy anything else today the order canceled itself.

Sorry about that.

Makes perfect sense to me. Can't blame Telltale on this one, that's for sure.

On to the next Telltale deal!

Guys, I think this was a scam by TellTale games to get people to sign up for an account and get your email address and credit card number into their database. In fact, were the links to the legit site? Or was this phishing?

[quote name='supercag34']Guys, I think this was a scam by TellTale games to get people to sign up for an account and get your email address and credit card number into their database. In fact, were the links to the legit site? Or was this phishing?[/QUOTE]

Hardly. Telltale Games have been around for many years, and you can feel free to check the links in the OP to see that they are legit links.

[quote name='supercag34']Guys, I think this was a scam by TellTale games to get people to sign up for an account and get your email address and credit card number into their database. In fact, were the links to the legit site? Or was this phishing?[/QUOTE]

That's incorrect. I'm the community manager at Telltale and this was for our site and absolutely in no way orchestrated by us.

Apologies for the confusion, but as Amy said, that code was NOT meant to be distributed. The original offer was to receive the game with purchase, so like she said, all orders with just the game or DVD on them (ie. free game with free shipping on the DVD) were auto-cancelled.

Thanks for your understanding! Hopefully you like today's deal, 50% off in the Telltale Store!

Alan

50% off everything in the store today (sans BTTF and Puzzle Agent). Picked up W&G, with the DVD, and Sam and Max Season 1 with the DVD.

[quote name='imalanjohnson']That's incorrect. I'm the community manager at Telltale and this was for our site and absolutely in no way orchestrated by us.

Apologies for the confusion, but as Amy said, that code was NOT meant to be distributed. The original offer was to receive the game with purchase, so like she said, all orders with just the game or DVD on them (ie. free game with free shipping on the DVD) were auto-cancelled.

Thanks for your understanding! Hopefully you like today's deal, 50% off in the Telltale Store!

Alan[/QUOTE]

Alan, my apologies for linking that forum member's post from your forum here. Someone on your forums had posted the code initially and I took it to be an official workaround. This obviously wasn't the case as we now know.

Again, very sorry if this caused issues for you or your team. As you can see, this thread is meant to promote the daily deals on your site, and I hope that it has benefited TTG and the CAG communities with TTG's great products in any kind of way thus far.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Alan, my apologies for linking that forum member's post from your forum here. Someone on your forums had posted the code initially and I took it to be an official workaround. This obviously wasn't the case as we now know.

Again, very sorry if this caused issues for you or your team. As you can see, this thread is meant to promote the daily deals on your site, and I hope that it has benefited TTG and the CAG communities with TTG's great products in any kind of way thus far.[/QUOTE]

No problem! Thanks for updating the thread so quickly as things developed! :)

Picked up the Sam & Max Complete Collection ... The deal ended up taking the 50% off the $49.99 Price rather than the $39.99 price, and I'm having some issues ordering the DVDs along with the chapter downloads, but beyond all that, $25 for all 3 games isn't bad at all.

Today's deal is a continuation of the 50% off sale in their store (minus BttF pre-order and Poker Night of course).

I've also cleaned up the OP to just show the current daily deal (gotta keep it neat, buttheads!) as well as including information about the Back to the Future: The Game preorder deal. If you haven't checked out the BttF page yet, do so now; they've updated it with more information about the characters, episode summaries, and neatest of all information about the voice artists and voice samples! They're all stellar! AJ LoCascio does a miraculous job of nailing Michael's voice as we all know, but I was just as impressed with James Arnold Taylor's take on another character in the game. I won't spoil it here, but needless to say it's like they really went back in time for his performance. :)

Direct2 Drive is offering the full BTTF game download for 21.25 though it does not come with the Telltale extras. If you use promo code HOHOHO, you get an additional 20% off making the full 5 part game 17.00. Might be good for those wanting to just by BTTF since they are not putting it on any of these sales.

Got my free dvd of wallace and gromit(I already bought the downloadable version from them in a previous sale). Pretty cool of them to send it out for free. I'll keep this in mind when considering where to buy any of their other games.

Right now its only for PC, though they announced it for PSN and iPad. Xbox Live is unlikely as the last few telltale adventure games have been on PSN instead.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Got my free dvd of wallace and gromit(I already bought the downloadable version from them in a previous sale). Pretty cool of them to send it out for free. I'll keep this in mind when considering where to buy any of their other games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really like that Telltale does this for their customers. Most companies would keep things separate between the download version and the eventual retail compilation, but Telltale is great about being inclusive of their extras like that. This is particularly awesome for the BttF games since I know there are tons of BttF fans who love as much behind-the-scenes information and goodies as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back