(DEAD)Telltale Year-End Special: 50% off digital games (not incl. BttF & Poker Night)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoGutsman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Telltale Games is doing a 30-day sale promotion starting today on their website as well as FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50. Here's the direct link to the sales promo page:

http://www.telltalegames.com/30daysoftelltale

Edit: Looks like TTG has removed the 30 Days promo from their site, so the above link just redirects you to their store page. There's a 50% off digital games deal (below) which seems to take the place of the remaining days of December. I'll update if things change.

"30 Days of Telltale" Holiday Sale
Starting Black Friday: A month of amazing deals PLUS Free Shipping on orders over $50!

It's that time of year again when the weather gets crisp, the days get shorter, and your friends at Telltale get the holiday spirit. This year is no different as we present the "30 Days of Telltale" holiday sale spectacular. Each and every day starting this Friday, November 26, and through December 25, we'll unveil a new special deal for the glorious items in the Telltale store. Most deals are good for 24 hours -- midnight to midnight PST -- so check back every day to see the newest one.

Of course, that's not all! Throughout the entire sale all orders of $50 or more get free shipping - anywhere in the world! Yes, that's right, the free shipping deal is worldwide (some exclusions apply). This is a perfect opportunity to stock up on gifts for the holidays or complete your own Telltale collection!

Year-End Special:

(Thru January 3rd, 2011) 50% off digital games (not including BttF The Game, and Poker Night, and the Telltale Holiday Pack)!

Ongoing Telltale Holiday Pack Deal:

The Telltale Holiday Pack is only $49.95 (a $175 value) and includes the following 8 games:

• Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse (all 5 episodes)
• Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space (all 5 episodes)
• Sam & Max Save the World (all 5 episodes)
• Strong Bad’s Cool Game for Attractive People (all 5 episodes)
• Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures (all 4 episodes)
• Poker Night at the Inventory
• Puzzle Agent
• Bone (both episodes)

From Telltale's product page: Note: All full-season purchases in this pack are eligible for the end-of-season DVD of each respective game. In other words, you're eligible to add each season's DVD to your shopping cart for free!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='imalanjohnson']No problem! Thanks for updating the thread so quickly as things developed! :)[/QUOTE]

Hi Alan, any chance we're going to see any deals on BTTF, as in the actual game, or at least a repeat of the deal including the free card game? I missed it the first go round and would love to get in on that, but it looks like BTTF has been excluded from every other deal (well, excluding merchandise today ... but money is a little tight and I'm really looking forward to getting the game itself!)

Also ... since you're a man in the know ... any tidbits you can drop for us about Jurassic Park? Really looking forward to that as well. Thanks!

I tried ordering the BTTF Card Game to qualify for the 50% off BTTF merchandise promotion for today, but it doesn't show a discount in my cart! Has anyone successfully had the discount show up for any BTTF merchandise?

I just tried adding various BttF merchandise to my cart and it works fine. Keep in mind that a lot of stuff is backordered, but it seems that you can still purchase at today's discount for delivery later. Place an item in your cart and see the backorder status just in case.

Is the Sam & Max collection a download? Since they say that it's eligible for end-of-season DVD releases.

So, basically you can download the games right away while waiting for the physical copies to ship?

[quote name='n1c0']Is the Sam & Max collection a download? Since they say that it's eligible for end-of-season DVD releases.

So, basically you can download the games right away while waiting for the physical copies to ship?[/QUOTE]

This is for a downloadable version of the collection which does make you eligible for a free end-of-season DVD. Per the details link below the BUY NOW button:

Sam & Max: Complete Collection promotional offer details:
Offer is not valid with any other promotion, offer or coupons.
Purchasers of this product are eligible for the end-of-season DVD for each respective game in the bundle.
This item is not giftable. Sorry!

So basically you can immediately download the games, then add the respective season DVDs to a future order for free.

[quote name='etcrane']Hmmmm ... 30 days of the same deals that aren't Back to the Future :p[/QUOTE]

Yeesh, let their new game release first :)

I'd be more forgiving if I didn't just find out that the free episode of BTTF (for buying the blu-ray trilogy) won't be available until February. What the hell is up with that?! Hoping they repeat the deal with the card game included but a tad miffed at Telltale for the moment.

Do you have a link to that news? I registered for the free first episode long ago but eventually just did the on-site preorder.

Nevermind; I just saw the email from TTG a moment ago.

[quote name='etcrane']I'd be more forgiving if I didn't just find out that the free episode of BTTF (for buying the blu-ray trilogy) won't be available until February. What the hell is up with that?! Hoping they repeat the deal with the card game included but a tad miffed at Telltale for the moment.[/QUOTE]

What's so bad about waiting 1 month for something free? The episode only releases in January.

It doesn't compel me to buy the rest of the season if I have to wait a month to play the first episode. I can understand why they might do it, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. You don't offer something free and fail to mention that it means there's a 1 month delay if you aren't actually buying the product. It's simply poor form, especially in the age of digital downloads. If they are confident in their product and wanted to give out the first episode free to people who bought the blu-ray, then just do it at release. Let us get a taste and then choose to buy the rest of the season. Don't fuck around with customers and tell us 'oh, you get a free episode ... butttt you have to wait a month." I'm really curious about BTTF and was looking forward to test driving the first episode, but honestly I pre-ordered ToMI before playing and found myself disappointed in general with it. I'm not going to be strong armed into preordering sight unseen again and I just figured Telltale would treat all customers equally rather than offering something for free without mention of a month + delay (it releases late December, not January does it not?). You don't have to agree but that's my take on it.

Free is free, even if it comes later. Besides, you didn't pay anything for it ;)

I do agree that they should have mentioned the free episode delay but like cheapo72 said it's just one month. You can probably take that time to read reviews online then base your purchase decision on those impressions and the demo.

See, here's the thing, people always use the 'free is free, you shouldn't complain' argument. But honestly, nothing is free in this world, Telltale is trying to lure people in by giving a taste of their new game. That's fine, happens all the time, it's more the principle that you don't tell everyone that you're giving something away and then neglect to mention there's a month delay. It's a marketing team decision that negatively impacts possible consumers. So rather than playing the game on day 1 and saying wow this is awesome and buying the rest, they force you to wait until the second episode is out. It might make more sense because the consumer feels compelled to immediately buy episode 2 ... but that doesn't make it right. They should have either explicitly mentioned the delay on the card or just offered a percentage off preorders or something equivalent to one episode. Sure it's free ... plenty of things in life are 'free' but aren't worth waiting for. Bottom line is simple, if Telltale wants to play games with potential customers, I'll go play someone else's. ;)

[quote name='cheapo72']What's so bad about waiting 1 month for something free? The episode only releases in January.[/QUOTE]
Mine said February.
They should have at least mentioned this was going to be the case in the beginning.

Nice deal on the Sam & Max vinyl(technically poly-resin) figures from Symbiote Studios .. went ahead and picked them up for a total of $21.24 after shipping and tax! I think the deal is taking $10 off the $24.99 price and not the 29.99 price as listed on the website.

I already have the Ninja from Symbiote's Pirate vs. Ninja line, picked it up at Wondercon this past year, so I can vouch for the quality. Also they have a Super Meat Boy vinyl for pre-order that looks awesome too!

Updated today's deal ($19.95 Tales of Monkey Island):

Aye, 'tis a mighty package for a mighty pirate! The swashbuckingly special Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition features a trove of pirate goodies:

- Tales of Monkey Island Collector's DVD which includes the full season game, plus bonus extras
- Slipcover case art from Monkey Island art legend Steve Purcell -- if you missed out at pre-order time
- Exclusive Voodoo card, not found in the Voodoo Card Set (available separately)
- One of Reginald Van Winslow's favorite maps: The Gulf of Melange printed on cotton fabric
- Piratey Piece of Eight - metal collectible coin
- Coaster from the notorious Club 41
- Souvenir button from the Trial of the Century (2.25 inches diameter)

With tomorrow being the official release of BTTF, it would also be a great time to repeat that preorder deal where you get the card game free with purchase of the season Telltale ... hint hint. ;)

Shoot, this was the deal I was looking for the whole sale. And now it's showing up full price.

[quote name='JCAll']Shoot, this was the deal I was looking for the whole sale. And now it's showing up full price.[/QUOTE]

Aye, same here. Used to own it on disc but lost it, only completed episode 1. Wouldn't mind getting it again at this price.

I was looking through the Telltale forum and someone said to enter 9X8-Y2N-KWJ into the coupon code area. Try that.
Worked for me, finally. I feel stupid for missing wherever they had that written, but I honestly didn't see it anywhere else.

Fast shipping .. got the Sam and Max figures from Symbiote Studios ... wow, kinda smaller than I expected but hey, still cool looking and seem to be well made. Really odd that none of these are up for sale anywhere besides the Telltale Store. Seems they had some sort of back order issue with them earlier in the year.

Updated today's deal. It's a repeat of the 50% off off anything in their store (excluding BttF The Game and Poker Night). Actually, while it doesn't say Poker Night isn't excluded in the 30 Day sale page it seems to also be excluded; I added it to my cart and it was still $4.95.

Also, the Back to the Future The Game preorder deal has finished, so I removed the details in the main post. I played Episode 1 last night and had a good time!

Updated topic header and daily deal. Looks like the 30 Day promo is gone from their site, with a 50% off digital games promo taking up the rest of this month's deals. I'll update again in case anything changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back