(DEAD) The Godfather Collection (Blu-ray) $24.99

yabber

CAG Veteran
Edit: deal is back.

Lowest price ever on these, and such good movies (particularly 1 and 2).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&tag=cheapassgam08-20&creativeASIN=B000NTPDSW

Also:
Godfather I:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&tag=cheapassgam08-20&creativeASIN=B002TOL8RY

Godfather II:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&tag=cheapassgam08-20&creativeASIN=B002TOL8UQ

Product Info
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Number of discs: 4
Rated: R (Restricted)
Studio: Paramount Home Entertainment
DVD Release Date: September 23, 2008
Run Time: 840 minutes

Special Features

Featurette: “The Masterpiece That Almost Wasn’t”
Featurette: “Godfather World”
Featurette: “Emulsional Rescue: Revealing ‘The Godfather’”
Featurette: “….And When the Shooting Stopped”
The Family Tree/The Crime Organization
Montage: “’The Godfather’ on the Red Carpet”
Four Short Films on ‘The Godfather’
Audio Commentaries
Documentary: “The Godfather Family”
“Behind the Scenes” Featurettes
Storyboards
Additional Scenes/Historical Timeline

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']I have (GASP) never watch any of these. For that price it seems like a must buy.[/QUOTE]

Haven't..seen..

please, do me a favor and watch the first two as soon as you get it. It's so, so, sooo good.

And I've had my eye on this set for a long time to replace my DVDs, I had $14 in credit, had to buy it at 20, thanks op!!!

Thanks to the OP, I've long been wanting to get this set to replace my Godfather DVD box set (not that it is bad, I've just been dying to see GF on blu-ray) and this is a nice price. Awesome stuff.

I just got 500 points from buy.com as a "come back" incentive, i may use them on this if I remember to do it when i get to the office.

[quote name='ssjmichael']
I sent this along to amazon as well[/QUOTE]

...which has apparently prompted Amazon to change their price to $39.99...wtf Amazon? :p

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']I have (GASP) never watch any of these. For that price it seems like a must buy.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm 29 now so I have no excuse

Bought needed to update my DVD trilogy and with $20 in credit what a deal!!
grin.jpg

At this price...this is a no-brainer. I ordered mine as soon as I saw the email from Amazon. I can't wait to watch these again with my wife (she's never seen them!)

So if everyone keeps saying the 1st Godfather is the best, why not just buy the first one for $10.99? Or is it really worth it for the set?

Godfather 2 is the best imo. I'd say at this price it's worth having the complete set, plus I believe this set does have exclusive content that you won't get from buying them individually.

[quote name='krashhole']So if everyone keeps saying the 1st Godfather is the best, why not just buy the first one for $10.99? Or is it really worth it for the set?[/QUOTE]

I never bought the set because I didn't want III, so I have I+II only, and I'm just fine with that. ;)

[quote name='krashhole']So if everyone keeps saying the 1st Godfather is the best, why not just buy the first one for $10.99? Or is it really worth it for the set?[/QUOTE]

The 2nd one is also a masterpiece. And the third one, while not where near as good as the first two, is still a good film in it's own right and provides a nice ending (IMO) to Michael Corleone's story arc.

[quote name='spiderman4657']sigh out of stock now it will take 2-4 weeks for delivery don't really know if its worth it with the wait.[/QUOTE]

Are you in a rush to watch it that you can't wait that long for it to come? Usually their dates are exaggerated too so I'm sure it'll ship sooner than that too.

Do these still come with a slipcase over the blu-ray case? The main amazon pic just shows the blu-ray case, but the customer images show a slip case.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Are you in a rush to watch it that you can't wait that long for it to come? Usually their dates are exaggerated too so I'm sure it'll ship sooner than that too.[/QUOTE]

Shows up in stock now, so I am guessing it will ship soon.

Ordered it yesterday. Unbelievable price for this set since box sets are usually more expensive than individual movies added up. It could still drop somewhere down the line to $20 but I don't see it falling lower than that ever. Anyway for people who missed out you may want to check your local 'moving' blockbuster video store. Go early and if you are lucky you may be able to grab each part (pre-viewed) for $8. I remember seeing them at my local BBV when pre-viewed movies were on sale for $8 each but they were gone by the next drop.

[quote name='batrick']Shows up in stock now, so I am guessing it will ship soon.[/QUOTE]

No it's not.. that's a third party seller. Amazon is still showing 2-4 weeks.

re: not coming with a slip.. I don't think this has ever shipped without a slip.

I have Prime shipping, and my order still has not come. It says March 13th and I ordered it on Feb. 21st :whistle2:(

Got mine today. It came with one of those slipboxes that some TV show DVDs come in. The ones where the DVDs come out of the side of the box.

I waited YEARS for a big price drop on this... I've almost bought this so many times at $50

I can wait a few more weeks, lol

[quote name='invictus515']Got mine today. It came with one of those slipboxes that some TV show DVDs come in. The ones where the DVDs come out of the side of the box.[/QUOTE]

Mine too, are some people not getting the slip case and just getting it in the plastic case?

[quote name='brak014']Mine too, are some people not getting the slip case and just getting it in the plastic case?[/QUOTE]

I don't think this set is made without the slipcase so I'm kind of boggled that people are wondering if they'll get it or not.

The only way you're not getting the slipcase is if you bought it used and/or someone packaged the individual movies together piecemeal. But then you wouldn't get the 4th special features disc.

tl;dr you're getting the slipcase

Did anyone else get a terribly dinged up copy? The corners of my slipcover are all dull and looks used even and are beaten to hell. And on the back of the blu ray case is a small dent that is making me cringe. Debating to see if Amazon can send me a different one..

[quote name='chronoserge456']Did anyone else get a terribly dinged up copy? The corners of my slipcover are all dull and looks used even and are beaten to hell. And on the back of the blu ray case is a small dent that is making me cringe. Debating to see if Amazon can send me a different one..[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. Should be Monday. Now I'm hoping I don't have anything like that..

[quote name='chronoserge456']Did anyone else get a terribly dinged up copy? The corners of my slipcover are all dull and looks used even and are beaten to hell. And on the back of the blu ray case is a small dent that is making me cringe. Debating to see if Amazon can send me a different one..[/QUOTE]

When they had the Alien Anthology deal back in december, mine arrived like that. They'll send you another.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']I have (GASP) never watch any of these.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. And I've owned the blu ray set since it the last time it was on Sale. At least 6 months ago or more.
My Bad. So many movies still in packaging it's just sad.

Mine still hasn't shipped. Ordered on Feb 21st and it shows a delivery estimate of Thursday March 15, 2012 - Saturday March 24, 2012. They never mentioned anywhere that it would take so long.

[quote name='plus1zero']When they had the Alien Anthology deal back in december, mine arrived like that. They'll send you another.[/QUOTE]

How much was the Alien Anthology on sale for?

[quote name='arsenal_fan']

How much was the Alien Anthology on sale for?[/QUOTE]

40.99. In my opinion one of the top 5 best blu-ray sets ever made, seriously the amount of features on the set are insane. Not to mention the picture quality on the first two films are immaculate.

[quote name='Osirus313']I wouls get on this deal if The Godfather 3 didnt suck monkey balls[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Now you'll just be stuck with two of the greatest movies in the history of film.

bread's done
Back