(DEAD) The Godfather Collection (Blu-ray) $24.99

yabber

CAG Veteran
Edit: deal is back.

Lowest price ever on these, and such good movies (particularly 1 and 2).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&tag=cheapassgam08-20&creativeASIN=B000NTPDSW

Also:
Godfather I:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&tag=cheapassgam08-20&creativeASIN=B002TOL8RY

Godfather II:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&tag=cheapassgam08-20&creativeASIN=B002TOL8UQ

Product Info
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Number of discs: 4
Rated: R (Restricted)
Studio: Paramount Home Entertainment
DVD Release Date: September 23, 2008
Run Time: 840 minutes

Special Features

Featurette: “The Masterpiece That Almost Wasn’t”
Featurette: “Godfather World”
Featurette: “Emulsional Rescue: Revealing ‘The Godfather’”
Featurette: “….And When the Shooting Stopped”
The Family Tree/The Crime Organization
Montage: “’The Godfather’ on the Red Carpet”
Four Short Films on ‘The Godfather’
Audio Commentaries
Documentary: “The Godfather Family”
“Behind the Scenes” Featurettes
Storyboards
Additional Scenes/Historical Timeline

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Osirus313']I wouls get on this deal if The Godfather 3 didnt suck monkey balls[/QUOTE]

Godfather 3 was easily the worst of the three but really that bad? Have you even seen it completely? Typically people who say stuff like this can be heard spouting stuff like dude, did you catch the latest Transformers movie? It's so totally cool and shit.

[quote name='plus1zero']40.99. In my opinion one of the top 5 best blu-ray sets ever made, seriously the amount of features on the set are insane. Not to mention the picture quality on the first two films are immaculate.[/QUOTE]
Ohh fine. Yeah I want to buy it but I'll probably go for the UK box set. That one went down to $25 I think and is almost identical from what I've heard.

[quote name='chronoserge456']Did anyone else get a terribly dinged up copy? The corners of my slipcover are all dull and looks used even and are beaten to hell. And on the back of the blu ray case is a small dent that is making me cringe. Debating to see if Amazon can send me a different one..[/QUOTE]

Got my copy today and it wasn't dinged up at all. Thank goodness. Maybe you should ask Amazon about getting another copy. I don't see how it would be a problem since it's through no fault of your own.

I know I'm going to get some hate for this, but I don't really care for the Godfather films... I'm not saying they're bad, though.

Godfather: Part Three, however, is quite terrible... and it's more than partly Sofia Coppola's fault. It's too bad her dad decided to go with her, although I guess Winona Rider wouldn't have been much better. I'm so glad she's decided to be a fairly competent director as opposed to still being a horrifyingly stilted and wooden actress. Seriously, she makes Portman and Christensen's stuff from the prequels look Oscar-worthy.

...and arsenal_fan, why'd you have to bring up those pieces of crap (I'm speaking of TF, obviously) ? I can't even remember how many people told me "the 3rd one's definitely better than the 2nd one"... spoiler alert: THEY LIED! I haven't even been able to make it past the half-way point of that one yet.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']
Ohh fine. Yeah I want to buy it but I'll probably go for the UK box set. That one went down to $25 I think and is almost identical from what I've heard.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're identical in content. I just jumped on the deal for the US version as I love the book style cases (same type case as the Star Wars saga) and I didn't mind paying extra for it since movies are the one thing I collect rather than buy just for the content (like games, music etc.).

[quote name='arsenal_fan']

Ohh fine. Yeah I want to buy it but I'll probably go for the UK box set. That one went down to $25 I think and is almost identical from what I've heard.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they're identical, IMO though the packaging is much, much better in the US version.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']Godfather 3 was easily the worst of the three but really that bad? Have you even seen it completely? Typically people who say stuff like this can be heard spouting stuff like dude, did you catch the latest Transformers movie? It's so totally cool and shit.

uh...yes I have from beginning to end....and the fact that the first two especially one are such classics only makes it that much worse....and last transformer movie was boring....the last 30 minutes of it saved it...

[quote name='ssjmichael']This has been steadily dropping on amz the past few days and is now down to $26.49, which is still pretty good.[/QUOTE]

$25.17 now. :applause:

I have Part 1 and 2 for like 20 combine last year. I didn't hate part 3 either. Decisions, decisions. I can probably only get like $10 for part 1 and 2 if I sell/trade it somewhere.

Anyone on the fence at this price: the restoration looks fantastic. I was hesitant too because I shelled out $80 way back when for the original Trilogy DVD boxset from 2001 (I think). But there is no comparison, the colors pop and the picture is incredible. You won't regret it at this price.

[quote name='Double-J']Anyone on the fence at this price: the restoration looks fantastic. I was hesitant too because I shelled out $80 way back when for the original Trilogy DVD boxset from 2001 (I think). But there is no comparison, the colors pop and the picture is incredible. You won't regret it at this price.[/QUOTE]

That's actually one of the main things stopping me from getting this yet. I paid so much for that set back then, and I haven't really watched it enough to justify spending more for a new set. If I could get $15 or so for it I'd be happy but it doesn't look like I can. Eventually I know I'll get this set, but there's other DVD's that have outlived my collection that need upgrading first.

[quote name='ssjmichael']That's actually one of the main things stopping me from getting this yet. I paid so much for that set back then, and I haven't really watched it enough to justify spending more for a new set. If I could get $15 or so for it I'd be happy but it doesn't look like I can. Eventually I know I'll get this set, but there's other DVD's that have outlived my collection that need upgrading first.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear you. I'm always hesitant to replace a DVD (especially a boxset) with a blu ray unless it's a great deal (I'm looking at you, Scarface DVD gift set in that goofy faux alligator leather box). The GF Trilogy just happens to be my favorite set of movies. I picked this up earlier for around $27, and I don't regret it.

Now, on the other hand, if $#%&*@# Star Wars on blu ray ever became reasonable, I'd consider it. But after being disappointed in the SE DVD's (I wasn't really part of the 'Han Shot First!' crowd when I bought them but every time I pop them in, I get more and more frustrated and end up going to an old VHS I taped off of USA Network when I was like 7, lol), I'm holding out for a.) rock bottom b.) a version sans the SE. Apologies for derailing the thread, haha.

tl;dr I totally see where you're coming from, and won't buy without a deal. Why else would we be here at CAG? :)

bread's done
Back