[DEAD?] The NEW Circuit City $1.99 Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PawnTakesKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thanks to CouRageouS for the original list. Newest additions are marked by **.

Playstation 2
18 Wheeler: American Pro Trucker
2-pack (Dave Mirra/Smuggler's Run)
Aqua Aqua
Alter Echo
Auto Modellista
Backyard Basketball
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
Blood Omen 2
Bombastic
Big Mutha Truckers
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2004 Season
Cat in the Hat
Chessmaster
Commandos 2
Disaster Report
Disney's PK out of the shadows
Dynasty Warriors 4 XL **
Escape from Monkey Island
Eve of Extinction
Everquest Online Adventures
Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick
ESPN X-Games Skateboarding
ESPN International Winter Sports 2002
Frequency
Frogger Adventures: The Rescue
Fur Fighters: Viggo's Revenge
Gravity Games Bike PS2
Grandia II
Gungrave
Haunted Mansion
Herdy Gerdy
I-Ninja
Jampack Vol. 10
Jampack Vol. 11
Jeopardy
Jet X2O
Jonny Moseley Mad Trix
Kinetica
La Pucelle Tactics
Legion: Legend of Exclaibur
Maximo GH
Men in Black 2 Alien Escape
Monster 4x4 : Masters of Metal ** Found this myself a couple days ago
Monster Jam Maximum Destruction
My Street
NBA 2K2
NCAA College Football 2K3
NCAA March Madness 2002
NCAA March Madness 2003
Oni
Project Eden
Pryzm Chapter One The Dark Unicorn
Rally Fusion PS2
Robot Alchemic Drive
Rygar
Scorpion King
Shadow Man: 2econd Coming
Silpheed
Smugglers' Run
Spawn: Armageddon
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Star Wars : Racer Revenge
State of Emergency
State of Emergency GH
Summer Heat Beach Volleyball
SWAT: Global Strike Team
Taz Wanted
Tekken Tag GH
Tribes: Aerial Assault
Twisted Metal Black
Wakeboarding Unleashed
Wallace and Gromit
Whirl Tour
World Destruction League: Thunder Tanks
X-Men: Next Dimension
X-Squad
Yanya Cabilista

Xbox
Alter Echo
Big Mutha Truckers
Bloodrayne
Cabelas Deer Hunt 2004 Season
Circus Maximus
Dino Crisis 3
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (UPC 093155116702)
Freedom Fighters
Genma Onimusha **
Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance
Great Escape
Gunvalkyrie
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
I-Ninja
Inside Pitch 2003
Kelly Slater Pro Surfer
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 (UPC 047875802513)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Minority Report
Mojo Morrowind XB
MX 2002 featuring Ricky Carmichael
MX Superfly
Myst III Exile
Nascar Thunder 2002
New Legends
NHL 2002
Oddworld: Munch’s Oddyssee
Silent Scope Complete
Stake Fortune Fighters
Syberia
Spawn: Armageddon
Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
The Thing
Transworld Snowboarding
Triple Play 2002
UFC: Tapout
UFC: Tapout 2
X2 Wolverine's Revenge
XGRA

Gamecube
Batman : Rise of Sin Tzu (big box with lithograph)
Beyond Good & Evil
Cel Damage
Dead to Rights
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse
Eternal Darkness
Freedom Fighters
Freekstyle
Frogger Adventures: The Rescue
I-Ninja
Jeremy Mcragth Racing
Looney Tunes: Back in Action
Lord of the Rings Two Towers
MX Superfly
Nickelodeon Rocket Power: Beach Bandits
Prince of Persia Sands of Time **
Smashing Drive
Skies of Arcadia Legends
UFC Throwdown
WWE WrestleMania XIX

GBA
Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge
Cat in the Hat
Dragonball Z: The Legacy of Goku
ESPN International Track & Field (GBC)
ESPN International Winter Sports 2002
Earthworm Jim
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBA)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (GBC)
The Incredible Hulk
Legends of Wrestling II
Madden NFL 2004
Metal of Honor : Infiltrator
Midway Arcade Greatest Hits **
(Midway version, not Majesco version, check by looking at the bottom right corner of the front)
Pinball of The Dead
Pinobee
Razor Scooter GBA
X2 Wolverine's Revenge

I'm interested in Dynasty Warriors 4 XL, Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick, Star Wars: Bounty Hunter and X-Men: Next Dimension for the PS2 and Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb for Xbox.

If anyone can pick any of them up for me I'll throw a few extra bucks in for each game. I'll send the payment first (check or mo) and have no problem waiting for you to receive it before sending the game(s) to me. Only applies to people with feedback.

On a more serious note....If you are able to pick up the Prince of Persia gamecube version (it's $1.99 if you can find it at Circuit City) and you also buy the gameboy advance version then you can unlock bonuses for both versions of the game. Now, anyone who owns a GBA and a GameCube knows that Nintendo loves to have some connectivity features between games on both systems whenever possible. Prince of Persia: Sands of time is no different. In the GameCube version, there are special switches hidden throughout the palace, each of which will unlock a bonus map on the GBA version when the systems are connected. The real bonuses, however, are unlocked in the GameCube version. First of all, just for owning both copies of the game and connecting the two systems, you will get automatic health regeneration in your GameCube game. Sure, this makes the game easy, but if you're stuck somewhere, or you're on your second play through the game, it can be fun. Also, and most importantly, if you find all three hidden switches in the GBA version, you can unlock a full version of the ORIGINAL Prince of Persia game to be played on your GameCube. If you have the GameCube version of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, this should be reason enough for you to buy the GBA version, as the original Prince of Persia is a classic game, and very much worth having a playable copy of.

[quote name='j-fever']"Monster 4x4 : Masters of Metal ** Found this myself a couple days ago"

This is a OLD find. I found this game and posted it in the original thread.[/QUOTE]
Well it wasn't on the list before I added it. Monster Jam was there already, but not 4x4. Whoever updated the list last must have missed your post then.

[quote name='dude 2003']"which circuit city did you go to? the new one in hayward, dublin, or emeryville?[/QUOTE]
Last night I was in Emeryville, I usually go there the most since its just a few minutes away on freeway. I've also gone to Union City and Fremont CCs a couple times since they're on the way to work. I scored several GBA games at Fremont a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure if theres much left at any of those locations. Maybe Xbox since I didn't check.

[quote name='6t2']" I went to the new Union City CC and a few games actually have a$1.99 sticker. They had the MAT2 but they are gone now.[/QUOTE]
They had them marked? Damn must have missed some stuff then. I was pretty happy to have gotten Eternal Darkness there, also got a Frogger on another trip and never went back.

As far as other CCs in the area, my friend went to Concord and Dublin CCs and scored some stuff too, not sure if they're cleaned out though. He got me a DW4XL and Fur Fighters from there though. The only nearby CC I haven't been to is in Pinole, which I may check out soon. Theres also 2 or 3 CC's near San Jose but I don't want to drive that far for slim pickings.

[quote name='tcrash247']I went today and they had Tekken Tag, Project Eden, and Silpheed, but they all the value stickers on them. Jerks...[/QUOTE]

Did someone here confirm that Tekken Tag Tourny is part of this deal. I know there was a guy on Fatwallet claiming all these tagged games were $1.99. After scanning and scanning and scanning, I told him he was full of it. Then he came back saying he was pricematching an error on a receipt over and over and getting all these Value tagged games for $2. Tekken was one of the games he was claiming was "part of the deal" when it was actually part of HIS deal. For me it rang up at $15 (several weeks ago). Anyone try it recently????

[quote name='CouRageouS']Well it wasn't on the list before I added it. Monster Jam was there already, but not 4x4. Whoever updated the list last must have missed your post then.

Last night I was in Emeryville, I usually go there the most since its just a few minutes away on freeway. I've also gone to Union City and Fremont CCs a couple times since they're on the way to work. I scored several GBA games at Fremont a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure if theres much left at any of those locations. Maybe Xbox since I didn't check.

They had them marked? Damn must have missed some stuff then. I was pretty happy to have gotten Eternal Darkness there, also got a Frogger on another trip and never went back.

As far as other CCs in the area, my friend went to Concord and Dublin CCs and scored some stuff too, not sure if they're cleaned out though. He got me a DW4XL and Fur Fighters from there though. The only nearby CC I haven't been to is in Pinole, which I may check out soon. Theres also 2 or 3 CC's near San Jose but I don't want to drive that far for slim pickings.[/QUOTE]

there is another one in san mateo
i got most of my games from the dublin CC during the 4.99 sale last july

If you find any of these titles w/a "value games", "CC value" or any other type of generic tags on them, just so you know, it isn't the store that's putting them on there, it's the distribution centers. Apparently my illustrious employer thinks that games 2-3 years old will sell at the $15-20 price point.:roll: Last year during the $5 clearance I was price adjusting those games just to get them out of the store :twisted: but they kept coming back like cockroaches.

I picked up Earthworm Jim for GBA.

I wanted to pick up Legend of GOku, but it rang up 15 bucks. I think because the UPC was part of a "special value 15" thing, and wasn't scanning the real item UPC, which is 1.99...

Tallahassee, FL

I hope some jerk comes on this thread and makes up a story where he went to CC and bought $8000 worth of games to capitalize on trade-in values, but was denied and worked for a pizza shop and was delivering pizzas and the games came out of their wrappers and got all nasty and he got into an accident and got fired and his wife left him and then everyone believed him.

I hope that happens.

My daughter and I decided to look over at our local Circuit City to see if I could rustle up any $1.99 games today.
We found three; GBA "Cat in the Hat", GC "Looney Tunes: Back in Action" and a PS2 "Scorpion King". Anyway, we took them up to the counter and sure enough, they rang up for $1.99 each. The gal was new, so she says "I'd better call back there and make sure this is right." She got a hold of some guy, he came up and looked at the games, he went into the back for a minute, came back and gave her a thumbs up. So, she totaled everything up, took my card, swiped it, and...
Some younger gal came jogging from the customer service counter saying loudly "NO... NO... ABSOLUTELY NOT... We CANNOT sell those games for that price. IT'S JUST AS BAD AS STEALING FROM THE STORE." She didn't make eye contact with me, but it was made clear to everyone within ear shot who she was talking about. "HE must pay FULL MARKED PRICE for EACH of these games." She took the games out of the bag and handed them back to the gal who rang them up, canceled the sale on the register and left, again without saying a word TO me (just the words ABOUT me). I wish I had the presence of mind to have looked at her name tag, but I was too stunned. So the poor register gal said "Uhm... would you, uh, like to pay full price for these?" I took my card back, said "No, thanks," ("Cat in the Hat" was still marked as $29.96!!) and my daughter and I went on our way.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']So a new thread has been started. Hopefully it won't escalate into that shannanigan that was the last one because of ToddlerTN. Hopefully even more finds wil be found. Just a suggestion, but the OP might want to find, or have somebody give him if they have it, the lists of other system games that are also part of the sale such as PSone and/or DC (still can't believe taht some CCs still have DC games, but this is CC we're talking about.).

I've already checked on this sale multiple times but every store in my area has been extremely thorough and has those damn stickers on the barcodes.[/QUOTE]
You know, in all fairness, what transpired was not soley the fault of ToddlerTN. He was the match and many people were the gasoline.
Anywaaaaaaaaaaay, I have a legitimate question to stay on topic. Would printing off UPCs for the games which have the value stickers work in getting them for 1.99? Or will they question the the fact you're having them scan a UPC that you printed?

[quote name='Zincdust']My daughter and I decided to look over at our local Circuit City to see if I could rustle up any $1.99 games today.
We found three; GBA "Cat in the Hat", GC "Looney Tunes: Back in Action" and a PS2 "Scorpion King". Anyway, we took them up to the counter and sure enough, they rang up for $1.99 each. The gal was new, so she says "I'd better call back there and make sure this is right." She got a hold of some guy, he came up and looked at the games, he went into the back for a minute, came back and gave her a thumbs up. So, she totaled everything up, took my card, swiped it, and...
Some younger gal came jogging from the customer service counter saying loudly "NO... NO... ABSOLUTELY NOT... We CANNOT sell those games for that price. IT'S JUST AS BAD AS STEALING FROM THE STORE." She didn't make eye contact with me, but it was made clear to everyone within ear shot who she was talking about. "HE must pay FULL MARKED PRICE for EACH of these games." She took the games out of the bag and handed them back to the gal who rang them up, canceled the sale on the register and left, again without saying a word TO me (just the words ABOUT me). I wish I had the presence of mind to have looked at her name tag, but I was too stunned. So the poor register gal said "Uhm... would you, uh, like to pay full price for these?" I took my card back, said "No, thanks," ("Cat in the Hat" was still marked as $29.96!!) and my daughter and I went on our way.[/QUOTE]

What a bitch. Sorry to hear that man.

I hope some jerk comes on this thread and makes up a story where he went to CC and bought $8000 worth of games to capitalize on trade-in values, but was denied and worked for a pizza shop and was delivering pizzas and the games came out of their wrappers and got all nasty and he got into an accident and got fired and his wife left him and then everyone believed him.

I can't believe that something like that could ever be posted in a forum like this one. Maybe at Fatwallet... but not here...

I think it would be a better story if the stores that he tried to return them to told him that he HAD to open the games so that they could be traded in. Then he would have to sit in the store for hours and open them all and then find out that he didn't get anywhere near the value that he thought he would, and then all of the things you listed above would happen.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']You know, in all fairness, what transpired was not soley the fault of ToddlerTN. He was the match and many people were the gasoline.
Anywaaaaaaaaaaay, I have a legitimate question to stay on topic. Would printing off UPCs for the games which have the value stickers work in getting them for 1.99? Or will they question the the fact you're having them scan a UPC that you printed?[/QUOTE]

If they dont question that they would be pretty stupid.

[quote name='psunami']I can't believe that something like that could ever be posted in a forum like this one. Maybe at Fatwallet... but not here...

I think it would be a better story if the stores that he tried to return them to told him that he HAD to open the games so that they could be traded in. Then he would have to sit in the store for hours and open them all and then find out that he didn't get anywhere near the value that he thought he would, and then all of the things you listed above would happen.[/QUOTE]

STAY ON TOPIC!!!!!

[quote name='guessed']A hoarder is someone who, posing as a consumer, purchases goods from a store with the intent of re-selling them either to a genuine consumer, or a retailer that deals in used merchandise, at a higher price. With a hoarder, there is no value-added -- in fact, value is removed due to increased cost and delayed ability to purchase. [/QUOTE]I understand your point.

But somewhat disagree.

--- Value was added to my Ebay customers, many of whom live in distant rural areas w/o access to a store. Now they have games they'd otherwise not be able to find.

--- What "value" does amazon.com or ebgames.com add? They buy games for ~$20 and sell them at ~$40-50. What value have they added?

Do you consider amazon.com/ebgames.com to be "hoarders" too?

troy

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']You know, in all fairness, what transpired was not soley the fault of ToddlerTN. He was the match and many people were the gasoline.
Anywaaaaaaaaaaay, I have a legitimate question to stay on topic. Would printing off UPCs for the games which have the value stickers work in getting them for 1.99? Or will they question the the fact you're having them scan a UPC that you printed?[/QUOTE]

That would not work.

Troy, you're missing the entire point. You buying out the entire one time only clearance is not the same. When EBgames acquire games, they buy them from a distributer and from trade-ins.
Basically, when you buy a large amount of PSone screens for only five bucks, that is wrong. There are plenty of people who would love to have and USE one. I'm sure you're using one of the ones you bought, perhaps. But what about the others? Sold them for profit. And that is largely inconsiderate to people looking for deals.
Please do not try to disguise hoarding with a business front.

Hey guys, is this deal dead? I just came back from CC and their prices are still very high... 14.99 is cheapest I see. Even for Batman Vengence, which is suppose to be dirt right now...

EDIT: GC games I mean. that's the only console i own.

[quote name='XClaude']Hey guys, is this deal dead? I just came back from CC and their prices are still very high... 14.99 is cheapest I see. Even for Batman Vengence, which is suppose to be dirt right now...[/QUOTE]

If it has any sticker on it saying that it's a Circuit City deal game, it's no longer 1.99. Because of this I was only able to get Tenchu (Ps1), EOE, and I Ninja (XB) for 1.99.

[quote name='THe VGM']If it has any sticker on it saying that it's a Circuit City deal game, it's no longer 1.99. Because of this I was only able to get Tenchu (Ps1), EOE, and I Ninja (XB) for 1.99.[/QUOTE]
No, it doesn't mean it's no longer $1.99...It means that there is a sticker on the back of the case with a different UPC than the one on the box...If you can get an employee to remove the sticker for you, the game will still be $1.99.

[quote name='THe VGM']If it has any sticker on it saying that it's a Circuit City deal game, it's no longer 1.99. Because of this I was only able to get Tenchu (Ps1), EOE, and I Ninja (XB) for 1.99.[/QUOTE]

yea... then it's deal dead for me here in San Diego, CA :( Oh well... better luck next time.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']No, it doesn't mean it's no longer $1.99...It means that there is a sticker on the back of the case with a different UPC than the one on the box...If you can get an employee to remove the sticker for you, the game will still be $1.99.[/QUOTE]

oh? But... why would they stick the new upc on then? Wouldn't the employee who removes it be going against store rule? I'm confused.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']No, it doesn't mean it's no longer $1.99...It means that there is a sticker on the back of the case with a different UPC than the one on the box...If you can get an employee to remove the sticker for you, the game will still be $1.99.[/QUOTE]

But what are the chances of them doing that? And removing the UPC yourself would be wrong and still might not work.

[quote name='electrictroy']I understand your point.

But somewhat disagree.

--- Value was added to my Ebay customers, many of whom live in distant rural areas w/o access to a store. Now they have games they'd otherwise not be able to find.

--- What "value" does amazon.com or ebgames.com add? They buy games for ~$20 and sell them at ~$40-50. What value have they added?

Do you consider amazon.com/ebgames.com to be "hoarders" too?

troy[/QUOTE]

But the value that you "added" was removed from consumers in your area. Amazon and ebgames.com each have an infrastructure that costs money, they have customer service, returns departments, etc. They often create content related to the games, give descriptions of the games, offer recommendations, and allow consumers to review and read reviews of the games. They purchase new games from distributors, not from other retail outlets. They also pay substantially more for new games than you seem to think they do.

Traditional retail model: Publisher->Distributor->Retail Outlet->Consumer B

vs.

Your model: Publisher->Distributor->Retail Outlet->Consumer A->Consumer B

Your model contains an unnecessary step, which is a waste of resources, in this case the resources are the additional dollars spent by Consumer B. Of course, not all Consumer Bs have access to the same stores and the same deals, and some, apparently, live in "distant rural areas w/o access to a store" (but with surprisingly good internet access), but by hoarding, you take the opportunity presented by the deal away from the Consumer Bs who do have access to the same stores as you. It just isn't nice. Would you rather be a Consumer B in the traditional retail model or your model?

[quote name='THe VGM']But what are the chances of them doing that? And removing the UPC yourself would be wrong and still might not work.[/QUOTE]
It is possible so long as you explain the situation to an employee, or, even better, a manager. The manager at my CC peeled off two UPCs for me last time I went.

I'd suggest that you ask them to look up a game in their system first. When the inofrmation is pulled up on their screen, the game will show for $2, it will make your argument more convincing.

[quote name='electrictroy']I bet all the copies were grabbed by the employees (they play games too & love a great deal).

When I worked at Sears, I routinely bought cheap games. Minus my store discount, they came to ~$3.00 each. Also got my hands on several PS1 LCD screens for only $5. Then I turned around and sold the games for $30 each, to help pay my bills.

If I was working at Circuit City, I would have grabbed those games off-the-shelf as soon as I finished handing you the receipt.

Troy[/QUOTE]

Go far away, punk-ass lurker.

[quote name='Goodtone']I could always add him to my collection of hoarded bodies in my basement and keep his skull for my pile.[/QUOTE]
you have your work cut out for you

[quote name='urzishra14']you have your work cut out for you[/QUOTE]

I bought an electric Turkey carver at Sears. It does most of the work for me. I am going to Sears now to buy a freezer.

[quote name='bluekeith75']Went too 2 stores in northeast ohio today and they had nothing![/QUOTE]

Where at in Northeast Ohio? I've been tempted to pick up PoP at CC for awhile and always see it for $19.99 at the one near Belden Village in Canton.

[quote name='guessed']Traditional retail model: Publisher->Distributor->Retail Outlet->Consumer B (vs.)
Your model: Publisher->Distributor->Retail Outlet->Ebay Seller->Consumer[/QUOTE]What about this model? Is this objectionable?

Publisher->Distributor->Retail Outlet->Ebay Seller (plays games)->Consumer (buys used)

You asked what I'd prefer? I think this model would be ideal:

Publisher->Distributor->Consumer

Eliminate the targets, EBgames, and amazons completely. We don't need those people. And reduce the price of the game by ~$20.

(Aside - Did I mention I had to pay off a $30,000 debt? I suppose I could have robbed a bank instead of using Ebay. ;-) .....)

troy

[quote name='electrictroy'](Aside - Did I mention I had to pay off a $30,000 debt? I suppose I could have robbed a bank instead of using Ebay. ;-) .....)
[/QUOTE]
Nobody cares... we've all got bills to pay. The main thing people care about here is getting games for cheap to play, and unless you were reselling the games for very little profit, you're keeping people from game deals instead of passing on the deals to someone else (hence the hate).

"Nobody cares... we've all got bills to pay." There's a certain irony in that statement. "Nobody cares."

If you don't care about me paying my debt, why should I care about you getting a deal?

Got an answer? ;-)

And You're Right. Peope want to save money. I understand.

The best way to save money?

Don't spend it.

(yeah it's obvious... but few people actually practice it... that's how I got my self into $30K of debt)

[quote name='electrictroy']You're Right. Peope want to save money.

Don't spend it.

(yeah it's obvious... but few people actually practice it... that's how I got my self into trouble)[/QUOTE]
What's the best way to not get a $30,000 debt? Don't spend $30,000.

"What's the best way to not get a $30,000 debt? Don't spend $30,000."

Is there an echo in here? I just said that. (In my defense, about $20,000 of that came from apartment rent, food, and other basic expenses...... and being a victim of the internet crash & losing my job & going a year without income.)

"Nobody cares... we've all got bills to pay." There's a certain irony in that statement. "Nobody cares."

If you don't care about me losing my job/paying my debt, why should I care about you getting a deal?

Got an answer?

;-) :whistle2:D

troy

[quote name='electrictroy']"What's the best way to not get a $30,000 debt? Don't spend $30,000."

Is there an echo in here? I just said that.

"Nobody cares... we've all got bills to pay." There's a certain irony in that statement. "Nobody cares." That same attitude is what led me to hoard games & sell them for profit.

If you don't care about me paying my debt, why should I care about you getting a deal? "Nobody cares" is probably the biggest flaw in our society.

troy[/QUOTE]
My point is that because even though we all have money issues, we're not all hoarding and reselling. And I'm echoing you to emphasize the your argument has a certain irony coming from you.
Edited for grammar.

"your argument has a certain irony coming from you."

If I was a wealthy man like Trump, then it would be ironic (because Trump's never been poor... he has no idea what it's like for the average joe). Coming from me, a man who almost spent himself into bankruptcy, it is NOT ironic. It is the voice of experience.

If you don't care about me losing my job/paying my debt, why should I care about you getting a deal?

Got an answer? ;-) :whistle2:D

Now why don't you lay off? I'm bloody. I'm laying on the ground. I'm beaten.

There's no need to keep stabbing me with your verbal attacks.

Troy

[quote name='electrictroy']"your argument has a certain irony coming from you."

If I was a wealthy man like Trump, then it would be ironic (because Trump's never been poor... he has no idea what it's like for the average joe).

Coming from me, a man who almost spent himself into bankruptcy, it is NOT ironic.

It is the voice of experience.

Now why don't you lay off? I'm bloody. I'm laying on the ground. I'm beaten.

There's no need to keep stabbing me with your verbal attacks.

Troy[/QUOTE]

here you go:

bandaid.GIF

[quote name='bluekeith75']Went too 2 stores in northeast ohio today and they had nothing![/QUOTE]
They got cleared out pretty fast. I didn't get in until a week later because of work and managed to pick up seven games myself and my friend got three. I think we hit five CCs between Chapel Hill up to one of the ones in Cleveland. Tons of the games but they almost all had stickers.

Whats everyones luck with pricematch from one store to another or interally even? The games my friend got I want but the ones I've found elsewhere have stickers. I see Ugamer_X had luck but has anyone else?

[quote name='Zincdust']My daughter and I decided to look over at our local Circuit City to see if I could rustle up any $1.99 games today.
Some younger gal came jogging from the customer service counter saying loudly "NO... NO... ABSOLUTELY NOT... We CANNOT sell those games for that price. IT'S JUST AS BAD AS STEALING FROM THE STORE." She didn't make eye contact with me, but it was made clear to everyone within ear shot who she was talking about. "HE must pay FULL MARKED PRICE for EACH of these games." She took the games out of the bag and handed them back to the gal who rang them up, canceled the sale on the register and left, again without saying a word TO me (just the words ABOUT me). I wish I had the presence of mind to have looked at her name tag, but I was too stunned. So the poor register gal said "Uhm... would you, uh, like to pay full price for these?" I took my card back, said "No, thanks," ("Cat in the Hat" was still marked as $29.96!!) and my daughter and I went on our way.[/QUOTE]

Don't let them get away with that. Write a letter to CC, there's probably a customer feedback form on their website, so you can shoot them an email. I was pissed once about some bullshit Kroger pulled on me, so I took 5 minutes wrote them a (key word) polite email about what they had mis-handled and they sent me a $10 gc in the mail. True, it was only $10, but it was also only 5 minutes, and that $10 bought dinner. If I were you, I'd send them an email, and perhaps they'll give you a giftcard or at the very least an apology letter. If it's convenient you may wish to find out the name of the girl. Make sure to include in your letter how "embarassed/humiliated" you felt in the store and in front of your daughter. REVENGE I SAY!

I don't who "customer service gal" is, but I suspect "the guy" was the Department Manager and *his* word would over-rule him.

Also, when I worked at both JCPenney & Sears, we had a policy:
- the price that is scanned, is the price you pay, even if the store loses money

That is the LAW (at least in pennsylvania). Stores make mistakes sometimes, but that's too bad. The customer always gets the price marked or scanned, according to the law.

troy

$30,000 in debt, most of it for rent, food, and other necessities, AND unemployed for over a YEAR?! Let me help you out, STRAIGHTEN OUT YOUR PRIORITIES, STOP BUYING AND PLAYING VIDEO GAMES AND GET A JOB!!!

[quote name='electrictroy']What about this model? Is this objectionable?

Publisher->Distributor->Retail Outlet->Ebay Seller (plays games)->Consumer (buys used)

You asked what I'd prefer? I think this model would be ideal:

Publisher->Distributor->Consumer

Eliminate the targets, EBgames, and amazons completely. We don't need those people. And reduce the price of the game by ~$20.

(Aside - Did I mention I had to pay off a $30,000 debt? I suppose I could have robbed a bank instead of using Ebay. ;-) .....)

troy[/QUOTE]

1. Apples and Oranges.
2. You greatly underestimate the distibutor price of new games.

Oh, and noone cares that you have to pay of a $30,000 debt. Times are tough everywhere.

[quote name='electrictroy']"Nobody cares... we've all got bills to pay." There's a certain irony in that statement. "Nobody cares."

If you don't care about me paying my debt, why should I care about you getting a deal?

Got an answer? ;-)

And You're Right. Peope want to save money. I understand.

Don't spend it.

(yeah it's obvious... but few people actually practice it... that's how I got my self into $30K of debt)[/QUOTE]

You are exactly the type of person most of the community doesn't want to know about this site. The leech. The guy with the inate hoarder/scalper mindset that doesn't add anything to the community, spews verbal diarrhea when they do post, and doesn't put deals back into the community.
Without people sharing, this community dies. People like you don't do anything but hasten the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back