[Dead] The Wire - Complete Series Blu-Ray $59.99 [Amazon DOTD]

Deals comin'.

I kinda doubt this will get any cheaper on BF... Maybe down to $50. I'm definitely just going for it now. The lowest it's been so far has been $79.99.
It was $79.99 since Sunday and I was about to bite on it yesterday. Glad I waited. It's as cheap as it's been ever, so if you've been thinking about getting it, it's not likely to get cheaper.

I also picked up earlier in the week the Breaking Bad Complete Series from Amazon for $69.99.

It was $79.99 since Sunday and I was about to bite on it yesterday. Glad I waited. It's as cheap as it's been ever, so if you've been thinking about getting it, it's not likely to get cheaper.

I also picked up earlier in the week the Breaking Bad Complete Series from Amazon for $69.99.
BB doesn't come in that dumbass drum anymore, right? I have the first 3 seasons on DVD and at this point it's probably better to just get the complete series and sell my S4+ BRs.

And I agree, I had been contemplating this at 80 but now I'd have to be dumb to NOT buy it! Still hoping for a hot BF deal on Mad Men.

Last edited by a moderator:
BB doesn't come in that dumbass drum anymore, right? I have the first 3 seasons on DVD and at this point it's probably better to just get the complete series and sell my S4+ BRs.

And I agree, I had been contemplating this at 80 but now I'd have to be dumb to NOT buy it!
Non-drum version @ $69.99: http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Bad-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/dp/B00I9PDXP2

There's some other good deals going on right now as well for TV shows:

http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?sortby=popularity&category=tvshows

I too was watching this one at $79.  At $59 it was a must buy.

Also agree on Breaking Bad.  Waiting for the "non-dumbass drum" version to hit $59 or lower...

The non-Drum version will unlikely dip below $50-$60 price range. That said, I'm not a huge supporter of the packaging since it's those cardboard slips.

Quickly ordered a copy, but I'm still debating on whether or not I should get the Sopranos complete series for $100. Is it good enough to warrant a blind purchase like that? I've never seen a single episode but I've heard good things.

Quickly ordered a copy, but I'm still debating on whether or not I should get the Sopranos complete series for $100. Is it good enough to warrant a blind purchase like that? I've never seen a single episode but I've heard good things.
I've been wondering that too. I'm in the same boat, I've never seen it, but that's too much for me, especially this close to BF.

Personally, and this is just a hunch, I think it might not hold up that well, and is more of a "time and place" thing. I'd still check it out if it went to ~$60 or so though.

If anyone is not planning to redeem their digital copy for the series I'd be interested. Say $20... Send me a PM

The non-Drum version will unlikely dip below $50-$60 price range. That said, I'm not a huge supporter of the packaging since it's those cardboard slips.
Last year at BB, they had the individual seasons for $9.99 each, for a total of around $60 for the whole series. Don't know if they'll ever offer it again, as the series didn't just end, but I'd say there's at least a decent chance of it.

I doubt The Wire will go below $59.99. If it does, it will not be by much.

And I agree, I had been contemplating this at 80 but now I'd have to be dumb to NOT buy it! Still hoping for a hot BF deal on Mad Men.
Deep Discount (remember them?) had a post-Xmas sale, with Mad Men seasons 1-5 BIGIF at $14.99, bringing the total to $7.50 each. Unfortunately, the odd number of seasons meant you had to buy another series' season, like Weeds or Nurse Jackie, to get the discount on the fifth season of Mad Men. Every black Friday, someone (usually Target or BB) has the latest season for $9.99. This being the series conclusion, we'll likely see deals on the complete series, and/or all the individual seasons on sale at once.

Deep Discount (remember them?) had a post-Xmas sale, with Mad Men seasons 1-5 BIGIF at $14.99, bringing the total to $7.50 each. Unfortunately, the odd number of seasons meant you had to buy another series' season, like Weeds or Nurse Jackie, to get the discount on the fifth season of Mad Men. Every black Friday, someone (usually Target or BB) has the latest season for $9.99. This being the series conclusion, we'll likely see deals on the complete series, and/or all the individual seasons on sale at once.
Yeeaaaah, I bought The Adventures of Brisco County Jr from Deep Discount, along with a bunch of animes like Azumanga Daioh and Hellsing. Those were the dayz. Apparently since then they've gotten really bad when it comes to customer service, from what I've heard.

I also do have 4 seasons of Mad Men on DVD, but I'd like them on BR and with the whole series out now I'll just wait for a deal on that. But yeah, if they're super cheap individually that's fine too. The older seasons are already around $10 each normally now, so if I can get the whole shebang for around 60 that'd be a-OK.

bread's done
Back