[Dead] Tons of good deals @ overstock ($10 FIFA 05, $24 MGS3, $32 MP2, & mor

[quote name='Purkeynator']Hey this is BS! I ordered Mortal Kombat for $32, kept adding and removing from my cart until I got free shipping. I then placed my order that said $0 tax. Then I put in my credit card info and it added $1 shipping and $2.18 tax. That is total BS![/quote]

Don't let the IRS find out about this... Tax Evasion is a no, no :)

I don't see how Paypal and Pricegrabber would be a problem. As long as you have a receipt from overstock you should be fine.
Oh, here are a couple more rebates.

$5 rebate on Jak III
$5 Pricegrabber Rebate on THUG2

It's not much money but it's the fact that they don't give you the actual total you got charged until you have already ordered it! Plus some sites don't charge sales tax like Newegg. The just made it look cheaper than actually was that's all.

[quote name='mcwilliams132']Thanks OP...another $20 shot in the a$$.

Bit on Blinx 2 and Fifa 2005

managed to get free shipping - fifa seems to have free ship on whole order...[/quote]

Yeah, I got free shipping too... :D
Edit: I marked the front page with the games with free shipping...

[quote name='cheapass jedi']Must......resist......deals.........credit card...............screaming.............[/quote]

*sigh* yup

I got Blinx 2 w/ free shipping. It was weird one second it had the dollar shipping and then I removed it and re-added it and it was free. Very strange but hey, that's a buck staying in my pocket!

Now thats what I call a price for MGS3! Too bad they don't have Rogue agent and Third age(26.86 is too much) for PS2 that cheap too. Thanxs guys!

[quote name='cag1000']dam my blinx 2 had $1 shipping i want my dam dolla back. Should i email them? How are you guys getting free shipping?[/quote]

Yea i missed out on saving a dollar as well... good news is, is that i stopped paying my insurrance so im saving money. (using parents car while they are gone for half the year)

I also picked up a PP game at eb...then saw shadowhearts for 19.99 new..so had to find another pp game to use saver :p

If you're having trouble getting free shipping, try deleting your cookies (click Tools, then Internet options, then hit the Delete Cookies button, close your browser and reopen it again). It seems that if you add something to your cart with free shipping and then delete it, adding it again will not give you free shipping unless you delete your cookies first.

Thanks for the deals OP!!! Some really good stuff there.

On a side note: in order to get free shipping, try just hitting the UPDATE button several times while viewing your cart. After a while it will turn into free shipping... weird eh?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='Purkeynator']Hey this is BS! I ordered Mortal Kombat for $32, kept adding and removing from my cart until I got free shipping. I then placed my order that said $0 tax. Then I put in my credit card info and it added $1 shipping and $2.18 tax. That is total BS![/quote]

Don't let the IRS find out about this... Tax Evasion is a no, no :)

I don't see how Paypal and Pricegrabber would be a problem. As long as you have a receipt from overstock you should be fine.
Oh, here are a couple more rebates.

$5 rebate on Jak III
$5 Pricegrabber Rebate on THUG2[/quote]

that's a lot of work for only 5 dollars. also, it says it's only good for the first 50 people who do this, that means, you might do all this work, and not get the 5 dollars, what a jyp (or however it's spelled)

BE VERY CAREFUL WITH OVERSTOCK!!!

I just purchased Fifa 2005(Xbox) for $11, shipped. I had entered my credit card info and all. Well my invoice says $17; they changed the price after I ordered.

I called Overstock.com and they said many items come from a variety of vendors at different prices. Once one batch sells (the lowest price) they move to another vendor at a higher price.

If you buy, and they sell out, you can be charged the higher price.

WATCH OUT! They did this before on a non-VG item.

That would be GYP. The way I see it its worth a shot. I mean, spend five minutes writing a short review and a 37 cent stamp.

I've mailed 14 in the last two weeks (about to be 16) and if I get two back it'll cover costs and everything else will be gravy.

I'll let you guys know how it actually turns out. Hopefully I'll find out sometime in May.

Seems FIFA either shows up as out of stock or shows up as in stock for $16.

Picked up Jak 3, but got charged shipping and tax. WTF?!? It says on the page before submission of my order there's no tax or shippiing. And I didn't remove anything and add it again.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Should I get Rocky or MK: KE? I also have a -$3 off coupon.[/quote]

If you've played the first Rocky and didn't think too much of it, no. I'm a sucker for the Rocky films (if the sig doesn't make it obvious) so I enjoyed it. Don't expect something as fancy or deep as Fight Night Round 2, but it's still an enjoyable less-realistic boxing game, especially for EIGHT FREAKING DOLLARS. One warning - be prepared for HORRENDOUS voice acting. The first Rocky game at least pulled audio from the movies...Legends has people who sound nothing like the actors doing it. Yikes.

MK:D is enjoyable, online play will keep you busy if nothing else. I'm sure there are cheap players who no doubt exploit moves to pile up wins, I was never into the game to the point of learning those. However, the "Kollector's Edition" is a ripoff, at least in regards to the perspective of advertising it as something special. The "arcade perfect" version of Mortal Kombat 1 is definitely NOT arcade perfect, and the documentary video is the SAME THING that was on the MK:DA disc, with another 2 minutes tacked on at the end to include that game. The bonus character profiles are nothing special. You can see a lot of them online at places like Gamespot and IGN. I'd wait for a good deal on the standard edition unless you reallllly want that fancy cover and collector card.
Still, since it's 32 bucks...you could certainly do worse.

I just picked up Rocky Legends for Xbox. Got it for $6. $8-$3 coupon +$1 shipping. It said free shipping when I reviewd my cart, but when I checked out, it had the dollar added to it.

^^yeah same here...of course I was going to get it with FIFA 2005....I hesitated cause I wanted to see a review of the game...then came back and its gone.......oh well...wonder if they'll ever have this again....

Well, I pulled the trigger and ordered Mortal Kombat: Deception Kollector's Edition for the Xbox. I wasn't charged $1 for shipping either. Hopefully, I won't be charged a shipping fee or taxes, after my order has been processed and shipped...[-o<

Does anyone know if Overstock.com charges state taxes?...

bread's done
Back