*Dead* Tron: Legacy $5 DMR Coupon

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/tron-couponTron: Legacy

The coupon is stated to be for the 4-disc or 5-disc set, but has been proven to work with 2-disc as well. The Target ad states this coupon may not be combined with the $8 off (when buying Legacy and Classic together) promo, but the register WILL combine them if the cashier is clueless.

If you're experiencing issues printing, try using IE or Chrome as FF may conflict with the coupon printer app.

Coupon is now dead; leaving open for discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pun123']Is it me or would the 5-Disc at BB be a better buy. On the website it is showing 49.99 -5 dmr. 44.99?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tron:+L....p?id=2198853&skuId=2093039&st=tron&lp=2&cp=1[/QUOTE]

It's you:
Tron: Legacy 3D (4 Disc)- $24.99 + Tron (2 Disc Classic)- $19.99
= $45
- $8 automatically at the register, that's WITHOUT the DMR coupon
= $37 + Tax at Target

IF the cashier is clueless AND the $8 off AND the $5 DMR coupon works at the register:
$37 - $5 DMR
= $32 + Tax at Target

Plus buying the original Tron separately gets you 6 discs total, not 5, the 6th disc is a DVD Video copy of the original Tron.

[quote name='ILikeMe1337']It's you:
Tron: Legacy 3D (4 Disc)- $24.99 + Tron (2 Disc Classic)- $19.99
= $45
- $8 automatically at the register, that's WITHOUT the DMR coupon
= $37 + Tax at Target

IF the cashier is clueless AND the $8 off AND the $5 DMR coupon works at the register:
$37 - $5 DMR
= $32 + Tax at Target

Plus buying the original Tron separately gets you 6 discs total, not 5, the 6th disc is a DVD Video copy of the original Tron.[/QUOTE]

Is there any proof of those prices like a link to an ad? Website says
34.99 and 29.99 - 13=51.98.

[quote name='pun123']Is there any proof of those prices like a link to an ad? Website says
34.99 and 29.99 - 13=51.98.[/QUOTE]

The amounts in the Target thread at the top of this forum list the prices mentioned, and I can't really think of a time when they've been incorrect. The prices are taken from an ad obtained early, but the direct link to the ad is no longer provided because of pressure from the retailers.

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

@ilikeme1337 the coupon should work because I bought Sorcerer's Apprentice and Fantasia together. Used Targets deal to get A discount off one movie and still used DMR counpons for both movies. In the end 2 movies was the price of just one. If you have their RED card that knocks 5% off too which at times makes a difference

@pun123 I've seen the add too and its something where you'll have to wait till sunday and read the fine print closely to see what sneaky tricks you can and cannot pull off

I'm going to chance it and cancel my Amazon preorder and hit up Target in the morning. I preorder the two BR+DVD sets but decided I'd like the 3D version instead. I'd only be out the cost of sales tax so it's not a huge deal.

[quote name='Mike UFC']I'm going to chance it and cancel my Amazon preorder and hit up Target in the morning. I preorder the two BR+DVD sets but decided I'd like the 3D version instead. I'd only be out the cost of sales tax so it's not a huge deal.[/QUOTE]

It's really the best way to go. I pre-ordered the 5 Disc non-collector's from amazon locked in at $45.00. I'm pretty much ready to cancel.

Cause if I go to target the worst I can do by buying the Legacy 3D and TRON OG together with the instant 8 dollars off is like 41 dollars after tax.

If we get really lucky the DMR coupon will bump that to 36 dollars

[quote name='Megaman016']@ilikeme1337 the coupon should work because I bought Sorcerer's Apprentice and Fantasia together. Used Targets deal to get A discount off one movie and still used DMR counpons for both movies. In the end 2 movies was the price of just one. If you have their RED card that knocks 5% off too which at times makes a difference[/QUOTE]

Awesome, good to know, but like I said, it still comes down to the cashier being clueless, if they've read the fine print in the ad, or if they've gotten a heads up from a manager, they know the $5 DMR coupon can't be combined with the $8 off, regardless if the register lets it ring up both discounts.

I don't know if anyone else has thought of this. But it's likely what I will use when I pick up Legacy.

Target has a coupon that came in a spring mailer a week or two ago for $5 off any disney Blu-Ray priced 24.99 or higher.

I used a printed copy of this coupon along with the $5 DMR coupon to get Tangled this week.

Tangled 3-D combo was
$24.99 -
$5 DMR Coupon -
$5 Target mailer coupon =
$14.99

My wife picked it up and said she had no problem using both coupons.

Now if only this would combine with the $8 off if you buy both Legacy and classic...

I'd post a copy of it, or a link to where you can find that $5 off target coupon, but honestly I'm not sure if CAG is okay with posting that. Maybe a Mod could let me know. I'm sure you can google it.

It came in an Easter mailer titled "Sweet Deals by the Basketload"

[quote name='tilcfast']It came in an Easter mailer titled "Sweet Deals by the Basketload"[/QUOTE]

I know about the coupon, but a lot of us didn't get it in the mail, I'm too paranoid that printing out the version at dvd talk and using it would constitute as fraud (Plus I don't see a official printable version of it on the Target site), so unfortunately I'm just sticking to trying to use the $5 DMR along with the $8 off without adding a printed version of the "$5 off any Disney Blu-ray Disc $24.99 or more coupon" to the transaction. Of course if you were lucky enough to get more than one in the mail and are using the real one instead of a copy, then yeah it should work, bringing the total down to $27 + Tax.

[quote name='tilcfast']I'd post a copy of it, or a link to where you can find that $5 off target coupon, but honestly I'm not sure if CAG is okay with posting that. Maybe a Mod could let me know. I'm sure you can google it.[/QUOTE]No, you can't post it here. There's enough places that posted copies of that coupon that you can find it by Google search.

I loved TL, and the original Tron was good too. But I can't pay $50 for the combo set, I don't have a Target near me. I've been spending more than I should lately and need to cool it. I *might* buy the 2-disc br set of TL.

I ordered Tron 2 movie collection (bluray) from local Barnes & Nobles w/ 50% off non member coupon for $26.XX shipped to home ;)

[quote name='ILikeMe1337']I know about the coupon, but a lot of us didn't get it in the mail, I'm too paranoid that printing out the version at dvd talk and using it would constitute as fraud (Plus I don't see a official printable version of it on the Target site), so unfortunately I'm just sticking to trying to use the $5 DMR along with the $8 off without adding a printed version of the "$5 off any Disney Blu-ray Disc $24.99 or more coupon" to the transaction. Of course if you were lucky enough to get more than one in the mail and are using the real one instead of a copy, then yeah it should work, bringing the total down to $27 + Tax.[/QUOTE]

Actually I didn't use the mailer coupon. I printed it off the web and my wife used the printed copy. She said the target folks didn't give her any trouble using the printed coupon. I guess that may come down to how much the cashier cares about their job.

We did get the mailer but chucked it before realizing there was a worthwhile coupon in it.

[quote name='ProlificZ21']How did you order the Tron collection with the coupons? Online or did you going to the store?[/QUOTE]

Instore Deal ONLY. You place your order instore with 50% off coupon and ASK shipped to HOME. Make sure surprise "wow" i get 50% off :)

Non Member 50% off coupon
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/nav.asp?r=1&PID=37767&r=1

Tron 2-Movie Collection $26.XX after taxes shipped to home
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Tron-2-Movie-Collection/e/786936811537/?itm=6&USRI=tron

Member 50% off coupon
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/nav.asp?r=1&r=1&PID=37762

The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy: Extended Edition $42. Plus taxes shipped to home
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD.../e/794043140617/?itm=1&USRI=lord+of+the+rings

Yup, placed the order tonight at BN before my wife and I went to dinner with friends, came out to $29 shipped. Also placed an order fot the Star Wars Collection on Bluray, came out to about $45ish (give or take) don't have the receipt on me at the moment) shipped

[quote name='Masterkyo']Instore Deal ONLY. You place your order instore with 50% off coupon and ASK shipped to HOME. Make sure surprise "wow" i get 50% off :)

Non Member 50% off coupon
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/nav.asp?r=1&PID=37767&r=1

Tron 2-Movie Collection $26.XX after taxes shipped to home
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Tron-2-Movie-Collection/e/786936811537/?itm=6&USRI=tron

Member 50% off coupon
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/nav.asp?r=1&r=1&PID=37762

The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy: Extended Edition $42. Plus taxes shipped to home
http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD.../e/794043140617/?itm=1&USRI=lord+of+the+rings[/QUOTE]
Hmm interesting, it looks like the discount varies and might be random? I would love to get 50% off of the star wars set and LOTR (doing two transactions with two coupons - they don't seem to even be using a print controller application).

Looking at the non member coupon's fine print it says not valid on pre orders, so how did you get it to work? And are you just taking a chance that it will be 50% off or does it depend on the item for what discount you get?

[quote name='sunnysky']Best of luck to everybody whole be running into Target first thing in the morning. Should be fun to try at least.[/QUOTE]

You do mean on Tuesday don't you? That is when these movies come out.

[quote name='ILikeMe1337']Looking at the non member coupon's fine print it says not valid on pre orders, so how did you get it to work? And are you just taking a chance that it will be 50% off or does it depend on the item for what discount you get?[/QUOTE]

I'm curious as well. To those who ordered in store, how did you get the 50% exactly, do you just choose to receive 50% off? And the fine print does mention "not eligible for pre-orders" and Tron Collection is a "pre-order."

Please look at the slick deals post. When the order prints you have to take it to the cashier and it does not state the release date so I see no reason y they do not take the coupon. Also last day for coupon is today

So if I go to Target..

Tron + Tron Classic = $19.99 each - $8 instant savings = $32 .. - $5 DMR = $28 .. - $5 Target mailer = $23?

I have never placed an order in-store at BN. Is the order tied to your online account so you can track the status of it that way? Also do they charge you at the time of the order or when it ships?

[quote name='Scorch']So if I go to Target..

Tron + Tron Classic = $19.99 each - $8 instant savings = $32 .. - $5 DMR = $28 .. - $5 Target mailer = $23?[/QUOTE]No, for two reasons. The 2 disc Tron Legacy is not eligible for the DMR coupon (only the 4 and 5 disc versions are) and you also cannot combine the $8 savings with the DMR coupon.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']No, for two reasons. The 2 disc Tron Legacy is not eligible for the DMR coupon (only the 4 and 5 disc versions are) and you also cannot combine the $8 savings with the DMR coupon.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to combine the $8 instant savings (store couponish) with the $5 DMR (manufacturers coupon). With Toy Story 1 and 2 they had a similar promotion and you were able to combine the instant savings with the DMR coupon.

[quote name='LordVila']I don't see why you wouldn't be able to combine the $8 instant savings (store couponish) with the $5 DMR (manufacturers coupon). With Toy Story 1 and 2 they had a similar promotion and you were able to combine the instant savings with the DMR coupon.[/QUOTE]I forgot which ad it was (Target or BB), but it specifically states you cannot combine the two.

EDIT: It was Target.

http://a.slickdeals.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=507789&d=1301453425

[quote name='LordVila']I don't see why you wouldn't be able to combine the $8 instant savings (store couponish) with the $5 DMR (manufacturers coupon). [/QUOTE]
Then read the ad. Or this thread.

[quote name='jgiovanni']Please look at the slick deals post. When the order prints you have to take it to the cashier and it does not state the release date so I see no reason y they do not take the coupon. Also last day for coupon is today[/QUOTE]

Well there's the issue of the fine print saying "not eligible for products available for pre-order" which Tron is. Look I'm just trying to get my facts straight and it does sound YMMV. Oh well wouldn't hurt to try.

[quote name='Keen314']Then read the ad. Or this thread.[/QUOTE]

Wow that is a crock that they added in that stipulation. Guess I was a little late to the show on the ad scan since I don't cross reference deals on slickdeals. Guess I should have read through all of the posts.

I guess I will just stick with the 2 disc versions of both movies then to save $5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok well I did manage to order the Tron 2 Movie Collection on Blu ray utilizing the coupon for about $30.06 shipped, however there was some trouble. Apparently someone else had used the same coupon and both the manager and the cashier were questioning thinking I was in cohorts with that person abusing the coupon. Luckily I was able to convince them otherwise and it took a while but in the end I did get what I wanted so I did leave happy but for a while I thought I wasn't able to get it.

[quote name='LordVila']Wow that is a crock that they added in that stipulation. Guess I was a little late to the show on the ad scan since I don't cross reference deals on slickdeals. Guess I should have read through all of the posts.

I guess I will just stick with the 2 disc versions of both movies then to save $5.[/QUOTE]

A lot of us are under the assumption the $8 off AND the $5 DMR coupon AND the Target "$5 off any Disney Blu-ray Disc 24.99 or more" (go to dvd talk for a .jpg of it) coupon WILL work at the register. However we're all taking a chance that we'll get a clueless cashier when we walk up to the register who hasn't been told by a manager to not to take any coupons if the customer is buying both Tron Blu-ray Discs and wont look at the copied printed version of the Target "$5 off any Disney Blu-ray Disc 24.99 or more," that one very clearly states no copies, but it also says 1 Target and 1 Manufactures coupon allowed per item, so the register should take all 3 discounts, it just comes down to the cashier not paying attention for it to all work.

Basically my plan is to go to one of the Target stores in my area, try buying both Tron: Legacy and the original Tron and use the $5 DMR coupon and the copied printed version of the Target "$5 off any Disney Blu-ray Disc 24.99 or more" and the register should take off the $8 automatically still with using two coupons. My total will be $27 + Tax.

If that doesn't work, at least get my DMR coupon back from the cashier (I printed a bunch of the Target coupons), go to another Target in my area and just buy Tron: Legacy and try to use the $5 DMR and the copied printed version of the Target "$5 off any Disney Blu-ray Disc 24.99 or more" so I could at least get Tron: Legacy for $15 + Tax and hope I can eventually buy the original Tron sometime in the future for cheap.

If that doesn't work, at least get my DMR coupon back from the cashier, go to the Best Buy that is right across the street from Target and take advantage of thier Tron: Legacy and T-Shirt deal where you get $5 off the T-Shirt and try to use the $5 DMR coupon with that discount, so I would get Tron: Legacy and a Glow in the dark Flynn's Arcade shirt for $30 + Tax.

And if that doesn't work then I don't know WTH I'm gonna do then, probably go back to one of the two Target stores.

@ILikeMe1337 - I'm going to give it a shot too, I wont be using the $5 off Target coupon because I'm out of colored ink and I don't want to go into the office on Tuesday morning. I'm working near a Target Tuesday morning so I will go there right at opening and give it a shot.

Semi OT I went to BN and picked up the Pirates Trilogy and Lego Star Wars Slave 1. Thanks to Masterkyo for the coupon heads up!

I think both the DMR and $5 off Target coupon will likely work with the discount. Definitely going to try it.

LordVila, last time I used the coupon I printed it in black and white (on standard paper of course) amd had no problems. It scanned fine.

darn it! I pre-order 2 movie collection at BN under $27 shipped. Today Nebraska Furniture Mart AD have Tron Legacy Bluray 2 Disc version for $12.99 - $5 off coupon = knock down $7.99 plus taxes.

Just FYI... If you happen to have a MovieStop close to you, pre-ordering it there is the absolute best price! These prices include the $5 coupon(that you don't even have to bring!)

Tron:Legacy DVD - $14.87
Tron:Legacy 2 Disc Blu-ray - $18.87
Tron:Legacy 4 Disc Blu-ray - also only $18.87!
Tron:Legacy/Tron:Classic 5 Disc Blu-ray - $35.87!

Buy Both: Tron:Legacy 2 Disc Blu-ray & Tron:Classic Blu-ray - $30.87
Buy Both: Tron:Legacy 4 Disc Blu-ray & Tron:Classic Blu-ray - $35.87

This is OT but I can't help but post about it - just came back from B&N with preorder of Star Wars Saga for $48 after 50% off coupon (which I guess does always do 50%). Hopefully it doesn't get canceled!

[quote name='tahoesnowboarder']Dont know if this will help or not but bestbuy has a link on their site mentioning that direct tv will have tron legacy on demand with a code for $5 off the bluray good at best buy stores. dunno if best buy will accept 2 coupons but i guess it doesnt hurt to try it out if the target deal doesnt work out!

here is the link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...udes/olssearchparameters.jsp.frmSearchResults[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it will be like the Tangled On Demand coupon - although I have no idea if that was had the same barcode as the DMR one. Anyway here's the link: http://www.tangledbluraycoupon.com all you have to do to print it is type in "hair" (and a captcha), but like I said even if it is that easy chances are the Tron one will be the same barcode as the DMR coupon is my guess.

Anyone know if the Tangled DMR coupon and the Tangled On Demand coupon have the same barcode?

For those who don't know. You can use the 2 coupons together. Its even advertised in their ad about the $5 DMR coupon. Even if they don't do it at the register just go to the service desk and tell them that you missed a coupon and you will get $5 cash back.

I hope the TARGET deal works. I was going to just rent it, but after reading the 3D is demo quality, I may have to purchase this.

bread's done
Back