*Dead* Tron: Legacy $5 DMR Coupon

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/tron-couponTron: Legacy

The coupon is stated to be for the 4-disc or 5-disc set, but has been proven to work with 2-disc as well. The Target ad states this coupon may not be combined with the $8 off (when buying Legacy and Classic together) promo, but the register WILL combine them if the cashier is clueless.

If you're experiencing issues printing, try using IE or Chrome as FF may conflict with the coupon printer app.

Coupon is now dead; leaving open for discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, Target would still be cheaper after tax if you can get them to combine the promotion with the coupon, but that's a good alternative otherwise. I'm kind of hoping they just turn me down so I can walk away with just Legacy for $15 lol.

I got a good deal, but it's a bit "off" from the other posts:

B&N 5-disc collection with 50% off coupon in-store for $29.xx shipped. Odd part is the free shipping wasn't eligible because after coupon discount it brought the total to $24.79 (must be $25 for free shipping).

I had no right or reason to complain about it, especially mere seconds after acting surprised that the coupon discount was the full 50% off. I'd gladly pay the extra $3 just to not have the regular cover version with Jeff Bridges staring creepily at me every time I look at it.

Dammit, I really wish these coupon printers wouldn't bypass the standard printing dialogue. I almost got nailed on this one because it defaulted to printing on a printer on a different network than I'm on right now (fortunately, I realized what was happening before I tried to print a second time and used up all of my attempts). Also, I really hate to see it wasting all that color ink on a coupon, just because I never got the chance to tell it to print B&W-only. :bomb:

[quote name='arcane93']Dammit, I really wish these coupon printers wouldn't bypass the standard printing dialogue. I almost got nailed on this one because it defaulted to printing on a printer on a different network than I'm on right now (fortunately, I realized what was happening before I tried to print a second time and used up all of my attempts). Also, I really hate to see it wasting all that color ink on a coupon, just because I never got the chance to tell it to print B&W-only. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

That's why I always print these at the college printers. They are set up for B/W only.

M

[quote name='Mikerocosms']That's why I always print these at the college printers. They are set up for B/W only.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I usually try to print these in my office when I can, but I forgot to do it before leaving today, and I want to stop by Target first thing tomorrow before work, so I had to do it at home.

Tried to print it at my gf's apartment. Stupid disney coupon crap didn't work even though it recognized her printer. Oh well whatever.

So what are people finding for the best deal to get Tron and Tron Legacy?

I was just contemplating buying the box set with the identity disc, but now I'm not sure.

I did the ID disc preorder at amazon during their $5 off promotion, and it was $68.99 at the time. current price is 64.99. Will they credit an additional $4 off the price or will the coupon take care of that?

[quote name='Indiana Jones']So what are people finding for the best deal to get Tron and Tron Legacy?

I was just contemplating buying the box set with the identity disc, but now I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

Right now it's looking like Target is the best deal. The identity disc is a cheaply-made ripoff, see the video that Shrike posted earlier (I think in this thread, or maybe the general blu-ray coupons thread -- I don't have time at the moment to go back and look for it). Personally, I'd avoid it.

[quote name='mig0']I did the ID disc preorder at amazon during their $5 off promotion, and it was $68.99 at the time. current price is 64.99. Will they credit an additional $4 off the price or will the coupon take care of that?[/QUOTE]

They will credit you for the additional $4 off. However, if they do like they did with Tangled, they'll bill you the full price that you ordered at, and then issue you a refund for the difference a couple of days later. You shouldn't have to do anything to get it, but if you don't see an email about it by Thursday, just contact customer support and they should take care of it.

For all you East Coast people, please post here after you buy at Target. I would like to know how it went and if Target took all of your coupons. Thanks!

Just got the 4 disc version from Target for 14.99 using the DMR and "Bunny Money" coupon. I printed the latter on just regular paper (i.e. not glossy). I have no interest buying the original Tron, so sorry I can't bring good news on combining the $8 discount due to apathetic workers.

[quote name='dabamus']Dmr 5 and target 8 work together with no problem.[/QUOTE]

Just as a second confirmation, I also had no problem using the $5 MFG coupon (scanned in) buying the 4-Disc and Original with the $8 off

It worked for me and my buddy this AM.

- I grabbed the $24.99 Combo pack and Original Tron
- He grabbed both Standard ($19.99 per ) Blu versions.

No issues with the coupon or discount! Goota love CAG!

Just so I'm on the right page here. I can get the 4-Disc Legacy and the 2-Disc Original with the $5 coupon and $8 off right?

[quote name='Scotts85']Just so I'm on the right page here. I can get the 4-Disc Legacy and the 2-Disc Original with the $5 coupon and $8 off right?[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

whats stock looking like at Target? hopefully not like Tangled last week, hopefully they still have something left by 11am CST. Any of you who got it to work...did the cashier even flinch? eye brows raised? seems we're racing against the clock until Target updates their system if they don't like the 'glitch' but keep it going and many more people will buy from there!

edit: damn this is so exciting. getting confirmation that -$5, -$8 works on 2 disc BD/DVD for both films is awesome! I really didn't want the 4-disc of legacy. Got trapped into Tangled last week, damn if I let it happen again :lol:

[quote name='Scotts85']Is there anywhere to print the Bunny Money?[/QUOTE]

Go to DVD talk. They have a scan of the coupon.

As for what I said, maybe I played too much Kingdom Hearts. :D

Well. $8 And $5 combined worked for me just fine at target in Otsego MN. 31.98+TX.
Still about 8 3D copies on shelf as of 8:45.

Stopped at Target on my way to work, the $5 DMR coupon and the 'Bunny Munny' print (second one I've used) worked fine, and stacked with the $8 combo discount for Tron and Legacy 3D. $29.22 out the door with tax. Love me some CAG...

Well I got the 5 and the 8 to work so the 4 Disk and the OG for $30-something. Not too bad. Kind of wish I knew about this Bunny Munny stuff but I am not going to complain about $15 4 disk Blu

Bunny Munny did not work for me. It scanned fine but the screen said "No valid item to use with this coupon" or some such. I told her it wasn't a big deal if it didn't work. I was just glad the DMR coupon and the $8 off stacked. Def. better than the Amazon deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='joshnorm']Well I got the 5 and the 8 to work so the 4 Disk and the OG for $30-something. Not too bad. Kind of wish I knew about this Bunny Munny stuff but I am not going to complain about $15 4 disk Blu[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I felt like I'd have been pushing my luck too far with the Bunny Munny coupon. My total was $33.83 after tax, which I'm happy with.

The $5 coupon did not work at my Target. Looks like some folks are getting lucky, but the sales guy knew about the restrictions. Not a big deal, $32 for the two 2-disc sets is still a good deal!

Just to confirm, it does not work if you combine all 3 discounts ($8 off instant + $5 DMR + $5 Target Spring Mailer "Bunny Money")? Thanks.

[quote name='biglew']Just to confirm, it doesn't not work if you combine all 3 discounts ($8 off instant + $5 DMR + $5 Target Spring Mailer "Bunny Money")? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

"doesn't not work"? :lol:

Based on the reports here, results would appear to be mixed. Working for some people, not for others. You know, YMMV and all that.

[quote name='mrwogs2']The $5 coupon did not work at my Target. Looks like some folks are getting lucky, but the sales guy knew about the restrictions. Not a big deal, $32 for the two 2-disc sets is still a good deal![/QUOTE]
The $5 DMR coupon is only valid on the 4 or 5 disc sets though, so it shouldn't work on the 2 disc sets.

[quote name='biglew']Just to confirm, it doesn't not work if you combine all 3 discounts ($8 off instant + $5 DMR + $5 Target Spring Mailer "Bunny Money")? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
As others are saying, YMMV. Just try using them. If they don't all work, don't make a fuss and either complete the purchase or walk away. You should at least get $13 off though...for now.

[quote name='arcane93']"doesn't not work"? :lol:

Based on the reports here, results would appear to be mixed. Working for some people, not for others. You know, YMMV and all that.[/QUOTE]

Haha oops! Thanks for catching that! I fixed it. I guess I will try it when my Target opens at 8am here in Seattle. Can't hurt to try. Wish me luck! :)

Worth noting, LinkinPrime posted over in the DMR thread that Disney posted on Facebook that they'll be giving double DMR points for Tron: Legacy codes entered today, 4/5/2011, only. I just entered the code from mine, and my account is now showing 200 points for "Tron: Legacy 3D Blu-ray" and 200 points for "Tron: Legacy 3D Combo Pack Double Points". So if you're picking it up today, you might want to go ahead and enter the code as well.

Picked up the 3D pack for Legacy and Tron Classic 2-disc for $31.98 before tax. Rep scanned both the movies, then scanned the coupon. Worked without any issue.

If people are planning on returning one to keep the other movie, the $8 discount is split out proportionally between the two movies. It deducts $3.55 from Tron Classic and $4.45 from Tron Legacy 3D, so your return value is $16.44 for Tron Classic and $20.54 for Tron Legacy 3D. For Tron Legacy 2-disc and Tron Classic, it's $4 off each, so it would be $15.99 for each of the two returned on their own.

The $5 coupon showed up on the bottom of the purchase list, so I would guess that you wouldn't get any of the coupon refund back unless you returned both movies back to Target. Might split it up proportionally, might not.

[quote name='arcane93']Worth noting, LinkinPrime posted over in the DMR thread that Disney posted on Facebook that they'll be giving double DMR points for Tron: Legacy codes entered today, 4/5/2011, only. I just entered the code from mine, and my account is now showing 200 points for "Tron: Legacy 3D Blu-ray" and 200 points for "Tron: Legacy 3D Combo Pack Double Points". So if you're picking it up today, you might want to go ahead and enter the code as well.[/QUOTE]I guess I'll have to make sure I crack both of them open today for the double points.

[quote name='shrike4242']I guess I'll have to make sure I crack both of them open today for the double points.[/QUOTE]

Only Legacy gives double points. My total points ended up being as follows:

Tron: Legacy 3D Blu-ray -- 200 points
Tron: Legacy 3D Combo Pack Double Points -- 200 points
TRON Original Classic Blu-ray Combo Pack -- 125 points

for a total of 525 points. Now if only they'd come up with some rewards that I actually want.

After the blu-ray player offer before, I'm almost hesitant to enter these right away. But who knows when or even if they'll do something like that again, or whether these titles will even be eligible by that point.

Thanks for posting that video. It's too late to cancel my amazon order anyway but I'm not disappointed at all. I just think I will go ahead and buy the 2 movies from target today. I'll try the coupon and see if it works. And while it will be odd to have 2 copies of the movies, I'm fine with it.

Used the DRM coupon with the $8 discount without any hassle (NY at 8:00 am). The clerk even remarked how great the coupons were then mentioned "Looks like you got a pretty good deal here."

Got Legacy 4-Disc and Original 2-Disc with $8 off, Disney coupon, and Bunny Munny for $28.90 total.

I printed out a Bunny Munny Coupon scan this morning, then cut and folded it. Cashier had a little trouble scanning it at first but after confirming the 4-Disc was $24.99 he tried again and it worked. Great deal.

[quote name='Scotts85']Got Legacy 4-Disc and Original 2-Disc with $8 off, Disney coupon, and Bunny Munny for $28.90 total.

I printed out a Bunny Munny Coupon scan this morning, then cut and folded it. Cashier had a little trouble scanning it at first but after confirming the 4-Disc was $24.99 he tried again and it worked. Great deal.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome! I will try that in 10 min

[quote name='arcane93']Only Legacy gives double points. My total points ended up being as follows:

Tron: Legacy 3D Blu-ray -- 200 points
Tron: Legacy 3D Combo Pack Double Points -- 200 points
TRON Original Classic Blu-ray Combo Pack -- 125 points

for a total of 525 points. Now if only they'd come up with some rewards that I actually want.

After the blu-ray player offer before, I'm almost hesitant to enter these right away. But who knows when or even if they'll do something like that again, or whether these titles will even be eligible by that point.[/QUOTE]400 points for a new title isn't a bad thing at all, since they're counting the 3D disc as one title and the 3D combo pack as another title.

I have probably around 4000 points before these two movies, and I know there are other movies I've not added my codes in for, so there's more to be had.

If they do another BD player offer or something else like that around the holiday season, I'm sure there will be lots of titles to pick from for the movies that will get you into the program for the item. With the response they had from it, I'd be surprised if they didn't do another one like it again this year.

SUCCESS at the Tempe Marketplace Target in Arizona, went to the electronics' register used the DMR and a copy of the Bunny Munny coupon, my subtotal was $26.98, with sales tax it was $29.95. WOO HOO!!!

My reciept says this too: "YOU SAVED $38.00"
AHAHAHAHAHA YES!!!!

I can't seem to find the bunny money coupon either. Can someone help me out? I tried google searching for it but can't find it. Thanks

All good here in California

DMR coupon worked fine with the 8 dollars off

My cashier didn't seem too willing to apply the coupon till I told her it was the 3D version and she scanned it

Word of warning to late shoppers though

My store only had about 10 copies of the OG TRON and 3D combo
Only about 5 of the 2D combo and only 3 of the collector's edition!

Good luck!

bread's done
Back