(DEAD) Walking Dead S1 Blu Ray 18.99 @ Best Buy - Easter sale,, other items too

I hope Amazon price matches the Walking Dead. I can't bring myself to pay tax and shipping from Best Buy. Worst case scenario I will just do an in-store pickup for tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LordVila']I hope Best Buy price matches the Walking Dead. I can't bring myself to pay tax and shipping from Best Buy. Worst case scenario I will just do an in-store pickup for tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

u mean Amazon? :booty:

Is this in-store as well?

EDIT: Also, do you guys happen to know which comic issues the show covers in the first season? I have the compendium (link) and I wanted to read the comic first.

EDIT2: Says online only...but you can do In-Store Pickup

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Is this in-store as well?

EDIT: Also, do you guys happen to know which comic issues the show covers in the first season? I have the compendium (link) and I wanted to read the comic first.

EDIT2: Says online only...but you can do In-Store Pickup[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I ordered mine for In-store as well. I don't know how many issues of the comic it covers, but I do know that the story diverges from the book. Apparently the writer of the comic didn't know at the time of writing it that the CDC was headquartered in Atlanta. The TV show writers did know that.

[quote name='srr']I believe this was 9.99 at my local Target on Friday - though I don't know how long the sale is running...[/QUOTE]

Was that bluray or dvd?

[quote name='Keen314']Yeah, I ordered mine for In-store as well. I don't know how many issues of the comic it covers, but I do know that the story diverges from the book. Apparently the writer of the comic didn't know at the time of writing it that the CDC was headquartered in Atlanta. The TV show writers did know that.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, from what I can gather, the first season covers Volume 1 (the first 12 issues) of the series. I'm going to start reading tonight! I can't recommend the compendium enough. It's the first 12 VOLUMES for only $35 at Amazon.

EDIT: First 8 Volumes - not 12

Is this sale good all week? The subject calls it an Easter sale so I don't know if it's just for today.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Was that bluray or dvd?[/QUOTE]

DVD, but some people had success getting the blu for $9.99 at Walmart by price matching. :)

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I'd buy party down, head case, mr show, extras, and Walking dead if amazon would price match. With best buy, it ends up being over $15 more with shipping and taxes.[/QUOTE]

Just told amazon to about the lower price on all of these. For some reason, my screen freezes when I try to tell them about the lower prices of walking dead and party down. I don't think those went through.

[quote name='blindinglights']DVD, but some people had success getting the blu for $9.99 at Walmart by price matching. :)[/QUOTE]

I never considered that and didn't open the thread before since I'm not interested in dvd, just BD. Damn, would have been nice.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I never considered that and didn't open the thread before since I'm not interested in dvd, just BD. Damn, would have been nice.[/QUOTE]
Can we stay on topic, and just discuss the deal this thread's about? Target's deal for this show ended yesterday.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Hmm, from what I can gather, the first season covers Volume 1 (the first 12 issues) of the series. I'm going to start reading tonight! I can't recommend the compendium enough. It's the first 12 VOLUMES for only $35 at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the show only mostly follow the graphic novels the first 1-3(about 3-4 issues in) episodes. After that it becomes pretty much totally different.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Just told amazon to about the lower price on all of these. For some reason, my screen freezes when I try to tell them about the lower prices of walking dead and party down. I don't think those went through.[/QUOTE]
It's an one-day Easter sale. It won't be pricematched.

Can't justify $19 for a 6 episode season, sorry. Seriously once I grabbed first 3 seasons of Mad Men for $9.99 each....that shit spoiled me and I got high expectations now. Damn you Amazon Black Friday!

Yikes! Just impulsed purchased a lot of TV shows. Using CamelCamelCamel to research Amazon prices, a lot of these are even under the lowest historic 3rd party used prices. (Of course free Premier Silver shipping took off the sting of ordering non-in-store-pickup items.)

[quote name='Keen314']Can we stay on topic, and just discuss the deal this thread's about? Target's deal for this show ended yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, forgot internets are serious business. And this was intentionally OT.

Sucks this was online only. I had the cash and was going to pick up the walking dead but when I went to best buy they were closed. Oh well I needed to pick some stuff up at walmart so the trip out was not a total waste.

[quote name='shadowkast']would have loved to get spartacus...oh well. standard def netflix version it is[/QUOTE]

I believe that season one was taken off of Netflix streaming a month or two ago

bread's done
Back