[DEAD] Walmart.com - Xbox 360 Bundle (1 game, 12mo live, $50 eGC for $69 xtra)

packpick

CAG Veteran
UPDATE (1/2/2010) - Deal is dead. :cry:

UPDATE (12/29/2009) - Deal has been modified (for the worse).
-Price is now $269/$368 (up $10 from the previous $259/$358).
-You can now select ONLY ONE game from a list of roughly 30 games (rather than 2 games from a list of 11). An extra charge applies to some of the games.
-Standard shipping rate applies (the $0.97 shipping rate from the first day is still dead)

Walmart.com - Xbox 360 Live Value Bundle w/ Bonus* $50 Walmart.com eGift Card

Xbox 360 Arcade Bundle - $269
Xbox 360 Elite Bundle - $368

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=12330406

Xbox 360 Live Value Bundle Includes:

• Choice of Xbox 360 Console (Arcade or Elite)
  • Bonus $50 Walmart.com eGift Card
  • 12-month Xbox Live Gold Subscription
  • Choice of ONE Xbox 360 Game (out of roughly 30 different games - an extra charge applies to some of the games)
Shipping (standard): varies by location (roughly $10-$20)
Estimated Sales Tax: varies by location (around 4%-7%, roughly $10-$20)

This deal is valid ONLINE ONLY. (Not valid in Walmart stores. You must order online at walmart.com.)
*One (1) per customer, limited time offer while supplies last, online only gift card.

Note: The deal started 12/26/2009, and is live while supplies last or until whenever they decide to end it (possibly 1/1/2010 along with their in-store console + $50 gift card deal, but not sure). The deal is also subject to change without notice (and it has already been modified several times just within the past few days).

For Walmart's Arcade/Elite console + $50 gift card in-store/online deal, refer to this thread: Buy any Xbox 360 console, get a $50 gift card at Walmart - 12/26 to 1/1.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='heyheyhey11']deal of the year[/QUOTE]

Yea, pretty sweet deal. Reminds me of the cyber Monday deal at the MS Store for the MW2 Xbox 360 Bundle with Dragon Age + Assassin's Creed 2 + 3 Months XBL for $377 shipped. That was a sweet deal too! :)

Curious, is there a "deal of the year" award? That would make a good CAG forum topic I think. :)

275.12 to new york, delivery during 12/31 - 1/6

this yr was especially hard for me personally, but with this deal, life got a little better to live another day

I had just come on to check if this was posted. Really is an amazing deal if you haven't jumped on a 360 yet. I mean you get live, 2 games ( most on the list have just recently released), and a $50 gift card very tempting though I will pass since I already have an xbox and most games on the list.

I don't have the cash but this is easily deal of the year

I jumped on the Arcade + $100 gift card deal and thought that was great

If you were to get all this stuff separately w/o any discounts, it'd be like $420, right?

360 arcade - $200
12 mo. XBL - $50
eGift card - $50
2x games - $120
----------------
$420

So before tax and shipping it's $260 compared to $420.

EDIT: Unfortunately it seems the list of games to choose from has shrank to the following
COD: MW2
Forza 3
Halo 3: ODST
NBA 2K10
Need for Speed: Shift
Tekken 6
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010

No more Batman:AA. :(

i jumped on this deal. thanx packpick. although i got this notice via twitter from @videogamedeals

edit: all games were still listed EXCEPT Batman, L4D2, and Madden10

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to renew live and my 360 has no hdmi port and will be out of warranty in six months. I could sell of my current system and MW2 and walk away with a new system, a year of live, a $50 gc, and tekken 6 all for about $150. Gah, I don't need to buy it though.

The arcade has an HDMI jack, doesn't it? My Xbox just gave me the infamous E 74 error code yesterday (thanks for the gift Microsoft). I did the forced overheat trick to get it working again, but that's just a temp fix so I'll have to get another system. But since I already have a hard drive I figured the arcade will do as long as it has the 1080p output.

[quote name='onlyexstasy']hmmm my Elite got the 3 RROD last night......this is awful tempting[/QUOTE]I see Microsoft got you something red for Christmas too. Aren't they so nice? I swear, if I wasn't addicted to Xbox Live I wouldn't even try getting another system.

Yeah of all days....Christmas really? Haha yeah if it wasn't for XBL, I would definitely have gotten rid of them a long time ago.

This has broken my will to hold back on finally buying a 360. Elite here I come!
I really wanted Batman, so I think Forza will need to be returned to a real store and swapped somehow.

Just got off the phone with MS support and they are going to fix it free of charge! So pumped I don't have to buy my 4th Xbox:applause:

im starting to wonder if this is maybe a sign of a few perm price drops on ms side maybe another $50 console drop and maybe now just $20 for live..

[quote name='Blumpkin']The arcade has an HDMI jack, doesn't it? My Xbox just gave me the infamous E 74 error code yesterday (thanks for the gift Microsoft). I did the forced overheat trick to get it working again, but that's just a temp fix so I'll have to get another system. But since I already have a hard drive I figured the arcade will do as long as it has the 1080p output.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Arcade console has an HDMI port.

FYI, from what I've read on Wikipedia (here), all consoles shipped after some point in 2007 have an HDMI port (which would include all Arcade consoles). And all consoles shipped before some point in 2007 do not have the HDMI port (which would include the legacy Core and Premium versions).

[quote name='akalboy']My shipping is coming out to be ~$14, how do you get it to be .97?[/QUOTE]

Sorry if this is a silly question, but do you live somewhere in the contiguous United States? My guess is that the $0.97 shipping rate only applies to states within the contiguous United States.

Awesome deal, do you still have to buy wireless adapters for the 360 though? That's the only reason I haven't picked one of these up, it has automatically added a hidden $80 to the system.

Yeah I live in NJ. Or maybe the estimate is wrong? I didn't actually get to the final check out page since I'd need to create an account first and the shipping is the deal breaker at the moment.

This deal is so good it almost makes me wish I didn't already have a 360. Passed the news to a 360-less friend though.

[quote name='TreizePlus']Awesome deal, do you still have to buy wireless adapters for the 360 though? That's the only reason I haven't picked one of these up, it has automatically added a hidden $80 to the system.[/QUOTE]

Still is not included.

I was about to send my console out for repair a third time, but this deal is so good, I just decided to do it. I imagine I'll be able to put my old HD into the arcade unit and be good to go. Real bummer they were out of L4D2 though. I got CoD and Forza...maybe trade them in towards Bioshock 2.

Just bought it, and plan on selling my current 360 to a friend, i've been looking to get a new one with an HDMI port and held out over the holidays hoping for a good deal, here it is.

How it works out

ME
===
360 Elite 120 gig - $300
Pure - $10
Lego Batman - $15
CoD MW2 - $50
Forza 3 - $50
Walmart Gift Card - $50
12 Month Live subscription - $50
= $377.13 (ship/tax inc.) for $525 worth of stuff.

Then i give my friend the following

Friend
====
Xbox 360 20 gig HD - $150 (used price)
Lego Batman - $15
COD MW2 - $50 (i own it)
12 Mnth Live - $50 (bought one 2 weeks ago hah)
Xbox 360 wireless controller - $40
= $305 in value.

I sell it to him for a great price of $150.

377.13-150 = 227.13 for an Elite + Pure + Forza 3 + $50 gift card, not bad.

[quote name='packpick']Yes, the Arcade console has an HDMI port.

FYI, from what I've read on Wikipedia (here), all consoles shipped after some point in 2007 have an HDMI port (which would include all Arcade consoles). And all consoles shipped before some point in 2007 do not have the HDMI port (which would include the legacy Core and Premium versions).[/QUOTE]
Great. I ordered an arcade. I would have sent my current system to Microsoft for repair but it's been modded with a custom shell and is almost three years old anyways. From what I hear getting a system not under waranty repaired can get rather pricy. Plus factor in the extreme high rate of the same system failing again after repair, I'd just assume get a new one.

By the way, my shipping was $4.97.

12/27 - Although no longer listed as the "Value of the Day", the deal is still live and available at the moment while supplies last. However, the list of selectable games has narrowed down to just 3 (CoD:MW2, Forza 3, and NFS:S), and $0.97 shipping may not be available anymore. Still a pretty good deal though IMHO.

Anyone think the 97 cents shipping will come back up? I'm considering buying one to flip, but not if I'm going to be paying $20 for shipping. Shouldn't have hesitated earlier in the day...

Wow it's saying $15 shipping for me, and i tired earlier for testing and it was 97cents. Lame.

Yeah, I'd probably do it out of greed, but I forgot to do it early yesterday and now several of the better titles (L4D2 and BAA) are gone. And then I also bought MW2 in the Amazon DOTD. If I hadn't, I think I would have motivated earlier. Shucks. Like I need another 360 after the $100 Amazon arcade.

I'd really love to see a nice sale on PS3s. The margins must be slim or the incentives lacking.

Does anyone know when my package gets here if I could take mw2 back to a Walmart and get a different game?I already have it.

Why is everybody crazy for the games you can add to the bundle? In most cases Amazon has price matched the games, it's not like Walmart is offering anything at that great of a deal.
I'll use my $50 gift card down the road, it doesn't have to be on games only.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Why is everybody crazy for the games you can add to the bundle? In most cases Amazon has price matched the games, it's not like Walmart is offering anything at that great of a deal.
I'll use my $50 gift card down the road, it doesn't have to be on games only.[/QUOTE]

Um...the deal includes 2 FREE games.

[quote name='Ryura']Um...the deal includes 2 FREE games.[/QUOTE]
If you get the elite bundle sure. But you can also just not add any games to the console and pocket the $50 credit for later. I'll probably use mine on a pre-order for something like God of War 3, or just buy some books and blu-rays.

[quote name='Blumpkin']If you get the elite bundle sure. But you can also just not add any games to the console and pocket the $50 credit for later. I'll probably use mine on a pre-order for something like God of War 3, or just buy some books and blu-rays.[/QUOTE]

This deal includes 2 free games FROM the elite + 2 additional game of your choice however the choices are a bit limited..

i personally don't find this deal appealing, because most of the games that the deal at one point offered were on sale for $40 or less during the holidays, and most people that already have a 360 probably already purchased them by now. so this deal is only really good for those that didn't already purchase them, or for someone that doesn't have a 360 yet that wants to purchase one...

and as far as the 360 deal of the year goes, i wouldn't even consider this one, because the choice of games and 1 year XBL subscription are things that people here can get really good deals on all the time. i would personally say that the $100 gift card with the Arcade purchase at Walmart several weeks ago was by far the 360 deal of the year...

but thanks OP, because for those that don't already own the games offered or an XBL subscription, this deal is definitely a great deal...

bread's done
Back