[DEAD] Wii Pandora's Tower $19.99 New, $18.99 Used at Gamestop (Also PM'ed at Amazon again)

Not to get into the middle of the debate, but looking at games in terms of long-term investments when you are 9? lol... C'mon man.... At least say you hit puberty first before analyzing and calculating investments.

I think for anyone buying a copy to play, this looks interesting. But if you're buying with the impression that this will be a rare collectible game I think you'll be disappointed.
Games like Xenoblade, Metroid Triolgy, Radiant Silvergun, Panzer Dragoon Saga, etc were all very highly rated games. Pandora's Tower has been rather average to mediocre in reviews. I doubt anyone is going to be seeking this out years from now. Maybe Last Story, but not this.

Anyways I think it looks pretty good and might check it out.
To this I say, and I say it warm heartily, see just about any Saturn game. Lots of mediocrity that sells for an insane price. Also, see Action 52 =D

There's a reason needler was nominated for cag villain last year. Dude absolutely sucks.

Anyway, what is the last wii exclusive game? Is it this one? (I'm not talking Nintendo first party)
Does shovelware count? I'm sure we'll get more of those before the Wii is totally dead.

Not to get into the middle of the debate, but looking at games in terms of long-term investments when you are 9? lol... C'mon man.... At least say you hit puberty first before analyzing and calculating investments.
Well in my defense my parents are antique dealers, so I grew up in the whole culture revolving around things going up in value with age.

I'm delusional now? You clearly don't know what you're talking about. And it's not just JRPGs that appreciate in value, either.

Just because a game goes digital, or a platinum hits is released doesn't mean the original - black label, for example, will decrease in value. Chrono Trigger - released on handhelds, smartphones, tablets and PS1 still holds its value. You think current gen games won't follow the same trend?

There was a point when Suikoden II was $8 in the clearance bin because next gen was all the rage.
Not jumping on anybody or anything else - but I don't think the current and future generations of gaming will ever have the sought after collectibility of the older games.

It's like comic books (or anything else for that matter) - once everyone plans on collecting and saving them the value plummets. Comics, baseball cards, and everything else (pogs, beanie babies, etc.) all plummeted once people started planning on collecting long term. I think if you want to sell stuff for the most part now - strike when the iron is hot. Sell them relatively soon after they come out. I just don't think games like Tales of Xilla are going to be sought out like Panzer Dragoon Saga, Earthbound, etc.

People now plan on saving games - where as before people just looked at them more like toys. When I was younger I didn't know anybody who kept all their boxes, etc. Now every other game has a super duper limited edition.

Maybe I'll be wrong, but I don't think so. This comes from a pretty hardcore collector too.

Not jumping on anybody or anything else - but I don't think the current and future generations of gaming will ever have the sought after collectibility of the older games.

It's like comic books (or anything else for that matter) - once everyone plans on collecting and saving them the value plummets. Comics, baseball cards, and everything else (pogs, beanie babies, etc.) all plummeted once people started planning on collecting long term. I think if you want to sell stuff for the most part now - strike when the iron is hot. Sell them relatively soon after they come out. I just don't think games like Tales of Xilla are going to be sought out like Panzer Dragoon Saga, Earthbound, etc.

People now plan on saving games - where as before people just looked at them more like toys. When I was younger I didn't know anybody who kept all their boxes, etc. Now every other game has a super duper limited edition.

Maybe I'll be wrong, but I don't think so. This comes from a pretty hardcore collector too.
Your thinking waaaay too short term. I thought the same about the GC, and look at its popularity now. (Increasing by the way)

Figure this. The current generation of young gamers have moved onto the Wii U and are in the target age of 8-13 right now. In about 8 years, the same thing will happen for this generation of games and consoles. I have learned something, nostalgia is something that shouldn't be underestimated. Once these kids start going to college, they will meet like minded individuals and have their bro fest playing the "classics" they grew up with.

The difference is a lot more people are buying stuff with the intention to resell later, I mean just look at this topic.  Not many people were thinking that 20 years ago, as there were no easy way for people to sell without the internet.  There will still be rare stuff, but like baseball card and comic book new stuff as a whole are not the same.  

I'll try to do the trade 2 games in Gamestop promo. Not sure if it would work on this since the price isn't $59.99 though
Doesn't have to be a $59.99 game at all, I have done it once or twice myself already, not on this admittedly, but it even worked on a $5 game that I just returned at another store (wanted to use the credit on some used games I was getting at that store). But anyway, it works on ANY new game, the $59.99 game for $9.99 is just a suggestion really, the real deal with the promo, is "Trade two of these games and buy a new game, and get bumped up to $50 credit for them" BEFORE PUR!!! You DO get your extra 10% ONTOP of the $50, so if the games are each 13 base, you end up getting $52.60 from the two! The rest of the credit will end upon a giftcard/PUR Card if you end up with extra, but the credit will be put towards the new game before anything else.

TL;DR Can be a $5 New game, or a $130 New game, think of it like "Get $50 (PLUS your PUR!) for trading these two games when you buy ANY new game!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Some XSeed games hit $10, which I hope happens with Pandora's Tower.

Yea I've gone on the rant in other threads for this, I play games, and will long after these people sell their worthless collection off.
I've done that a couple times as well LOL. It's set me off a few times seeing people refer to games as "investments".

Honestly, I don't know why it bothers me. I just find it incredibly stupid, but the guy is right there are plenty of hobbies people waste money on so there's really no reason attack him. On the flip-side... don't ever refer to games as "investments". For every $20 game you buy that eventually shoots up to $100+, there are probably 10 others that will be $10 or less (and some much less).

Buying vintage SNES, N64, PS1, games NES... is a bit of a different matter though. Although having seen some real life hoarders, I do cringe a bit when I hear the word "collect". Buy to play.

Thanks OP. I don't like buying from Gamestop, but I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I didn't see anything I wanted enough to break the $25 mark on Amazon. Here's hoping Gamestop doesn't screw up their order like they did when they sold the $10 Jak and Daxter collection, I am not up for arguing with some GS drones yet again. At least they can't bill me until I actually pick up the game :)

I've done that a couple times as well LOL. It's set me off a few times seeing people refer to games as "investments".

Honestly, I don't know why it bothers me. I just find it incredibly stupid, but the guy is right there are plenty of hobbies people waste money on so there's really no reason attack him. On the flip-side... don't ever refer to games as "investments". For every $20 game you buy that eventually shoots up to $100+, there are probably 10 others that will be $10 or less (and some much less).

Buying vintage SNES, N64, PS1, games NES... is a bit of a different matter though. Although having seen some real life hoarders, I do cringe a bit when I hear the word "collect". Buy to play.
No, you are right, it's stupid as hell. Games are meant to be played; it pisses me off when someone buys games on sale/cheap to sit on a shelf for years because there's someone else who, had they gotten the game, would actually play and enjoy it.

And no offense to anyone, but with very few exceptions, buying video games as investments is moronic. If you are interested in investing money, there are far better investments that can be made. If your $20 game is sitting on a shelf for 10 years or so before you able to sell it for $100 or so, sucks to be you. Properly invested that money could have been $1,000 or more easily.

I know a guy who runs a local comics shop, and man he's got some stories. People buy crap for 10, 20, even 30 years telling themselves it's an investment. Then they turn around to sell it, and yell/scream/bitch him out when they find out they can't even sell their crap high enough to break even. They see stuff like unopened toys from the 90's on Amazon that MSRP'd at $30 and sell for $90 and always fail to realize that, just because that's what the seller is asking for doesn't mean that's what he gets. The fact is there is an infinitesimally small market for "useless junk", and the crap sits for years before someone finally buys it, if ever. So when people think they are going to be able to sell a $20 game for thousands, or even just hundreds, of dollars 10 years down the line, for a system that isn't available anymore, I always get a little chuckle out of it. Doubly so when the advent of digital media means that, in all likelihood, all these physical games will continue to lose value as time goes on. If I were a serious collector interested in profiting in my old games, I'd strongly consider selling now. Aside from certain popular licensed games that have no chance of ever being re-released, I don't think hardly any games will ever be worth more than they are now. If you are collecting because having unopened games/comics/toys/ect on a shelf somehow makes you happy, well..... I will never understand that, but good luck to you I guess? At least you are getting SOME happiness from them.

BTW, Agent Orange is an awesome screenname. Larfleeze is the man ;). While we are on the topic of valuable collectibles, I am kicking myself for missing out on the Larfleeze Blackest Night bust. I've found that, with a few years patience, it's easy to get those busts at under half the original price, but holy hell did Larfleeze sell out quick. I can barely find a bust on sale for under $200, let alone the $30 I was hoping to pay for it :*(. I hate El Hoardo as much as the next guy, but damn, anybody selling those busts now can make a killing that even puts these Xenoblade Chronicle hoarders to shame. Same with the Rorschace bust, Watchmen is my favorite movie ever and while every other bust from that set can be found for under $20, Rorschace's has held it's value extremely well. Since it hardly seems worth buying any of them without Rorschace, I missed out there too :*( Who knew glorified paperweights would be so valuable?

Last edited:
No, you are right, it's stupid as hell. Games are meant to be played; it pisses me off when someone buys games on sale/cheap to sit on a shelf for years because there's someone else who, had they gotten the game, would actually play and enjoy it.

And no offense to anyone, but with very few exceptions, buying video games as investments is moronic. If you are interested in investing money, there are far better investments that can be made. If your $20 game is sitting on a shelf for 10 years and you are only able to sell it for $100 or so, sucks to be you. Properly invested that money could have been $1,000 or more.

I know a guy who runs a local comics shop, and man he's got some stories. People buy crap for 10, 20, even 30 years telling themselves it's an investment. Then they turn around to sell it, and yell/scream/bitch him out when they find out they can't even sell their crap high enough to break even. They see stuff like unopened toys from the 90's on Amazon that MSRP'd at $30 and sell for $90 and always fail to realize that, just because that's what the seller is asking for doesn't mean that's what he gets. The fact is there is an infinitesimally small market for "useless junk", and the crap sits for years before someone finally buys it, if ever. So when people think they are going to be able to sell a $20 game for hundreds of dollars 10 years down the line, for a system that isn't available anymore, I always get a little chuckle out of it. Doubly so when the advent of digital media means that, in all likelihood, all these physical games will continue to lose value as time goes on. If I were a serious collector interested in profiting in my old games, I'd strongly consider selling now. Aside from certain popular licensed games that have no chance of ever being re-released, I don't think hardly any games will ever be worth more than they are now.
While collecting everything and expecting them to go up is stupid, there are ways to see if a game has a good chance of going up in value. Let's take Xenoblade as an example. This was a niche game sold at the end of a dead console's lifespan at only 1 retail chain. Anyone could have seen that the value would have gone up. I imagine that in a few years a sealed U.S. copy could be worth a good amount. I also could see a sealed copy of Too Human going up in price also. Whether how much they increase is worth it is another story.

To this I say, and I say it warm heartily, see just about any Saturn game. Lots of mediocrity that sells for an insane price. Also, see Action 52 =D
Just about any Saturn game?! Yikes! I was one of the suckers that bought the Saturn at the surprise launch, and stuck with it until the end. My jaw would probably drop at the prices some people are willing to pay for a lot of those pixelated messes.

Can't wait to see what my Wii U games will be worth years from now when gamers are clamoring for the big games they let slip by. I'll start the bidding for ZombiU at $100 if anyone wants to get in on this right now!

Xenoblade was certainly an exception. I am kinda surprised people didn't see that coming from miles away. A game with the kind of press/ratings XC got gets a limited, store exclusive release, and nobody thought that would be rare/valuable? At least in the short term? I expect that, unless the market is flooded with reprints, it will continue to increase in value until Nintendo releases an HD re-release on WiiU (after calling it an HD remake and slapping a $50 price tag on it of course)

While collecting everything and expecting them to go up is stupid, there are ways to see if a game has a good chance of going up in value. Let's take Xenoblade as an example. This was a niche game sold at the end of a dead console's lifespan at only 1 retail chain. Anyone could have seen that the value would have gone up. I imagine that in a few years a sealed U.S. copy could be worth a good amount. I also could see a sealed copy of Too Human going up in price also. Whether how much they increase is worth it is another story.

Last edited:
Xenoblade was certainly an exception. I am kinda surprised people didn't see that coming from miles away. A game with the kind of press/ratings XC got gets a limited, store exclusive release, and nobody thought that would be rare/valuable?
I didn't even know of the game, since I don't keep up with the Wii news, so it was gone before I had a chance. I have a copy now, but not sealed and mint like I would have liked to have.

There was a point when Suikoden II was $8 in the clearance bin because next gen was all the rage.
There was a point when Toys R Us had Panzer Dragoon Saga and Shining Force III on clearance for $20. And a point when Best Buy had more copies of Earthbound than they could get rid of for $20. Like, literally, there were walls of Earthbound in Best Buys. Those boxes were huge, the game was weird, and they just weren't moving, despite Nintendo's attempts to sell the hell out of it via Nintendo Power.

I've been collecting games for a LONG time and traditionally the games that normally go valuable are the ones that aren't wanted and later become cult classics. Now the market is kind of weird, because we're in an era where people have seen their traded in games jump in value, so everyone wants to make predictions and buy games in hopes that they become valuable.

Xenoblade went valuable before it's time because of speculation and people buying it out, but it was also already a cult classic. Unfortunately, seeing that this game went valuable when it was still actually obtainable, this has started a gold rush of speculation towards the next game. People are wanting to buy out games forcing them to be rare. Realize that one of two things have to happen to make a game valuable...it has to be an extremely good game that people are fervent about or it has to be an incredibly low print or something weird about it that makes it pulled from the market.

I hardly see a cult following forming behind this game. At $20, it'll more than likely hold it's value sealed because it's a low run game that's fairly good that came out on a system that people gave up on and stopped buying games for. I wouldn't expect it to go up much, if any, though.

Anyway, what is the last wii exclusive game? Is it this one? (I'm not talking Nintendo first party)
If the pipe dream comes true, then Rodea the Sky Soldier would probably be the last Wii exclusive (well, I guess not technically exclusive since it is supposedly coming for the 3DS too). Chances are that PT is going to claim that title though, as at this point it would be better to transfer the work to the Wii U if it ever came out stateside.

Xenoblade was certainly an exception. I am kinda surprised people didn't see that coming from miles away. A game with the kind of press/ratings XC got gets a limited, store exclusive release, and nobody thought that would be rare/valuable? At least in the short term? I expect that, unless the market is flooded with reprints, it will continue to increase in value until Nintendo releases an HD re-release on WiiU (after calling it an HD remake and slapping a $50 price tag on it of course)

The same thing happened with a lot of the PS2 SMT games. They shot up in value and then got reprinted and are worth nothing like they were originally. They carry a small premium over the reprint.

Xenoblades already had that happen with this last gamestop reprint. People started rushing to get a copy and paid $100- $180 dollars for a used copy. Now with the reprint happening you have people getting a copy for $60-$90 bucks.

You end up with some people having made a really good profit flipping their game or the other end you over paid by an extreme margin.

For someone who just wants to play the game for entertainment purposes gets stuck in the middle of that.

The same thing happened with a lot of the PS2 SMT games. They shot up in value and then got reprinted and are worth nothing like they were originally. They carry a small premium over the reprint.

Xenoblades already had that happen with this last gamestop reprint. People started rushing to get a copy and paid $100- $180 dollars for a used copy. Now with the reprint happening you have people getting a copy for $60-$90 bucks.

You end up with some people having made a really good profit flipping their game or the other end you over paid by an extreme margin.

For someone who just wants to play the game for entertainment purposes gets stuck in the middle of that.
That's true but it's all about judging market conditions. Like I said I bought Xenoblade new for $35 a week after release. I f I had been smart I would have bought several copies sat on them for a couple of months and then flipped them for $120 - $150. This would have been a rather low risk investment and could have net me a nice return with minimal work.

I guess people just have more money to spend than me. I could never justify spending $100 on a single game; hell, I can barely justify $60 for a game unless it's something I've just got to have. Aside from the Skyward Sword collector's edition I don't think I've ever paid over $60 for a game, if any game I want is too expensive I just end up playing something else.

I really don't get why everyone wanted this game anyways (rarity aside).... Xenoblade wasn't even good IMO. It's really little more than a single player MMO, only instead of occasionally having to deal with a bad human partner you have to constantly put up with moronic AI partners. The graphics looked good for a Wii game but terrible compared to, well, everything on PS360 (which, frankly, I would have much rather played the game on), and the story, while good at first, quickly devolved into the stereotypical JRPG nonsense after the Mechonis boss fight (the game REALLY should have ended after that, I will admit the final Mechonis boss battle was the most innovative JRPG battle I've ever played, easily the high point of the game). And dear god the grinding..... there was grinding at pretty much every new point in the game, but after the Mechonis boss battle I found myself able to kill any enemies in the overworld with a single hit, yet I could barely put a dent in bosses which required hours of boring, tedious grinding before I could barely squeak by. I really don't see why the game is so damn special in everyone's eyes; I don't think it did anything truly remarkable that MMO's haven't been doing for years.

Last edited:
That's true but it's all about judging market conditions. Like I said I bought Xenoblade new for $35 a week after release. I f I had been smart I would have bought several copies sat on them for a couple of months and then flipped them for $120 - $150. This would have been a rather low risk investment and could have net me a nice return with minimal work.

I am sure if everyone knew where the price was going they would have done the same.

That's like saying if I invested in these stocks when the shares were low that I'd be rich today. No shit Sherlock. But you didn't know and you didn't make the investment.

If it was low risk you would have stock up on it.

I am sure if everyone knew where the price was going they would have done the same.

That's like saying if I invested in these stocks when the shares were low that I'd be rich today. No shit Sherlock. But you didn't know and you didn't make the investment.
No, I wouldn't "do the same". I was fairly certain Xenoblade Chronicles would be worth at least $100 within a year for sealed copies, and if anything I'm surprised it isn't worth more. But I still only chose to buy one for myself. Don't presume to speak on everyone's behalf, and read what I wrote above.

I despise El Hoardo. Buying extra copies of a game to resell to people who actually want to play it is a low, and frankly despicable, practice. How would you like it if, after you got off a work, you went to your local game shop in anticipation of a big sale just to find that some greedy asshole had bought out the entire stock just to screw you out of money on ebay? I've missed out on a couple of sales, and had to put extra effort into even more, because of El Hoardo. Games that, had I bought I would've (eventually, lol backlog) played instead went to some asshole trying to make a few bucks off the internet. Stores (Best Buy especially) REALLY need to institute a "limit 1 per customer" on rare/cheap games like this, so at least if El Hoardo wants to show his ass and rip the rest of us off he at least has to waste his time buying individual copies to do it. As it stands now, there are a couple shops I don't even bother going to during a sale (or ever really) because I know it's a futile effort, El Hoardo is a jobless wonder who will wait outside the doors for the store to open and clear out the stock within 5 minutes. And if stores aren't getting me in the door during sales then how/why am I going to buy anything else from them?

Greed like that is what's wrong with a lot of the world today, and not everyone is desperate/sleazy enough to stoop to that level.

Last edited:
Getting on topic of PT, both Gamestop.com and Amazon sold out of the copies at the $19.99 price, though you can still get backordered copies on Amazon.  If you want to buy the game to play it, and if the sell out is any indication, this may be the price floor.  Fragile Dreams also bottomed out at $19.99 (barring any clearance deals) and is still that price nowadays if you need a good XSEED comparison.

Back off topic, I think people are exaggerating the term investing when they hear it in a game forum.  I take it as buying a game now that you would eventually get anyways at the lowest (or near so) price possible to avoid paying more for it later.  I'm sure you can invest that $20 dollars into something else and eventually get more for it down the road, but honestly is that as much fun as knowing you got a game at a good price instead?  This is a hobby first and everything else second.

Your thinking waaaay too short term. I thought the same about the GC, and look at its popularity now. (Increasing by the way)

Figure this. The current generation of young gamers have moved onto the Wii U and are in the target age of 8-13 right now. In about 8 years, the same thing will happen for this generation of games and consoles. I have learned something, nostalgia is something that shouldn't be underestimated. Once these kids start going to college, they will meet like minded individuals and have their bro fest playing the "classics" they grew up with.
I have to disagree with this. Games made during the 16 bit era did not have the amount of pressings that games get today. Look at COD, how many copies of Modern Warfare do you think were pressed? Let's not forge the fact that a new line of filth is coming out of the 16 bit era. Carts being sac'd for "reproductions". People killing carts so they can sell a bootleg is making games harder to find. Look at Neo Geo MVS carts now, Ganryu for instance used to be a 30 dollar cart, but now due to it being sac'd for conversion to AES, the cart now commands 150-200 per cart. Law of supply and demand.

Getting on topic of PT, both Gamestop.com and Amazon sold out of the copies at the $19.99 price, though you can still get backordered copies on Amazon. If you want to buy the game to play it, and if the sell out is any indication, this may be the price floor. Fragile Dreams also bottomed out at $19.99 (barring any clearance deals) and is still that price nowadays if you need a good XSEED comparison.

Back off topic, I think people are exaggerating the term investing when they hear it in a game forum. I take it as buying a game now that you would eventually get anyways at the lowest (or near so) price possible to avoid paying more for it later. I'm sure you can invest that $20 dollars into something else and eventually get more for it down the road, but honestly is that as much fun as knowing you got a game at a good price instead? This is a hobby first and everything else second.
You'd be surprised how many dumbasses are out there "investing" in new comics/video games/toys/ect, thinking they have their kid's college fund or retirement all figured out. I'm not saying anyone on CAG is like this, but there are people out there who buy these things as actual investments, with the intent to resell it (always unopened of course) later at a massive profit. Hell, it seems like those people are the one's actually keeping the comic industry alive at the moment. Somebody who knows nothing about our entertainment industries hears that a book like Action Comics #1, Showcase #4, or Flash #123 sells for some ridiculous amount of money and thinks they can get in on it by simply buying every weekly title that comes out. The sad part is that, a lot of people like that trying to sell their old comics to my friend say they never even bothered to read any of them, they just bought them because they thought they'd be a good investment.

looks like amazon raised the price.
fuck, they have, that was insanely fast. And to make it worse, all the stores in my area just went from "In Stock" to "Low Stock" or OoS. Now I REALLY hope Gaestop doesn't try to screw me with my site to store order, I figured if they did I'd at least have tonight to cancel/reorder from Amazon.

fuck, I should've just bought some crappy filler item and purchased from Amazon.

Last edited:
fuck, they have, that was insanely fast. And to make it worse, all the stores in my area just went from "In Stock" to "Low Stock" or OoS. Now I REALLY hope Gaestop doesn't try to screw me with my site to store order, I figured if they did I'd at least have tonight to cancel/reorder from Amazon.

fuck, I should've just bought some crappy filler item and purchased from Amazon.

Even though it does suck to have just missed the sale it's only $10 bones more. Same thing happened with ni no kuni. If you want it that bad just cough up the extra $10 bucks.

Which is the point. I didn't stock up because I wasn't buying games with the intent on selling. It's like anything with business you make an investment in a product and then sell it for more than you paid for it. I'm not sure what you're trying getting at.

Even though it does suck to have just missed the sale it's only $10 bones more. Same thing happened with ni no kuni. If you want it that bad just cough up the extra $10 bucks.
If I was willing to spend $30 on this game I could have bought it months ago. $20 was my price. I would've coughed up an extra $5 for some pins or something had I known the price would bounce back up that quickly, I just wasn't expecting that ON TOP of every Gaestop in my area going from "In Stock" to OoS today. I did get an email from them saying my order was ready for pickup several hours ago so we'll see what happens; hopefully this won't turn into another massive battle to get the goddamned game I already ordered.

I see the "investment" side of it as this: If I can get back most of, or more than, what I paid for the game and got to play it, that's a win. 

Don't have time to read the whole thread. Did anyone mention that there's a practically game breaking bug near the end of the game that a fair percentage of people run into, where the game freezes when trying to enter the last pair of towers? Yeah, you run into that and it goes from an above average game to crap pretty fast, even if the work arounds people have found online work for you.

It's not really worth getting mad at people who flip games, because it's often a gamble. Some games that appreciate in value months or a year after release sometimes end up getting a reprint or some random shipment from another country comes in that causes a severe depreciation. A flipper can easily get stuck with said games and end up with significant losses.

As for the argument that games are for entertainment, sure, but houses are what people use to live in and there are people who flip them for a profit, too. The difference between someone who flips games and someone who flips homes is the person who flips games is probably not rich and could use the extra bit of income. That person also isn't exploiting people who have a need. I'd also say that flipping games is more ethical than the stock market where you're funding awful corporations such as Wal-Mart, Exxon, Wells Fargo, etc and making money off their evil deeds.

Thanks OP! Picked up the last used new copy from GS. Games aren't investments, outside of a few exceptions but I don't care if others do what they want to do.

Hmmm ... this game intrigued until I saw the graphics and the rather bleh gameplay.  It's an interesting concept but not really well executed.  With such limited time now (I am still a collector -- sort of.  have 180+ PS2 games, 130 Xbox games, 70 Gamecube games, etc. -- all bought new, and hundreds of others), I only buy games I want to play and this one is sort of in that category of games I bought on PS2 that I wanted to have but probably will never play (my sealed copy of Trapt, for example).  

It's hard to want to play this when there are SO many great games now that I've got no time to really try.  

Thanks, OP, but I'll pass.  BTW, no, I don't buy games to sell them.  I too like others here buy because I like to have them and do very much want to play them :)  I have ~50 games that are still sealed (out of a collection of 670+) but those will eventually be opened.

I grabbed on online as of 6:00 AM Central Time, but perhaps one of you can help me out with something here after you get your own copy?

I got a $25 gift card from E-Rewards in my e-mail, but when I applied it to this purchase, it was not reflected in the bill total at the end, to say nothing of my e-mail.

I've read an older topic saying it's normal in the e-mail, but not at checkout.

What gives?

Do I need to contact Gamestop's customer service with the order number to make sure the gift card applied?  It sure as heck accepted it at the checkout, but there is no 'Updated price', just 'Choose a card' and then it spits out the total with no adjustment/order done.

bread's done
Back