[DEAD] World in Conflict (PC) $16.21 at Amazon

Yeah, I'm thinking about getting this along w/ the AoEIII: Asian Dynasties expansion pack...

But I gotta decide: do I really NEED to get these games when I already have a huge backlog? lol

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Yeah, I'm thinking about getting this along w/ the AoEIII: Asian Dynasties expansion pack...

But I gotta decide: do I really NEED to get these games when I already have a huge backlog? lol[/quote]

yes you do

I sprung for the collector's edition a few month's ago- it had some cool stuff with. But get the game for this price - it's a lot of fun at LAN parties, and its has one of the most fun single player campaigns I have played in a strategy game.

If anybody want the collectors edition of this game i can get it to you for around 35 shipped, i bought 2 and only need 1. PM me.

[quote name='mAdMaLuDaWg']This game is alright but compared to Company Of Heroes it is nothing IMO.[/QUOTE]

Two genres of RTS though...

World in Conflict is Ground Control type

Company of Heroes is Dawn of War type

[quote name='Scarface7']Indeed. And post in the AoE III thread I made when you pick up the expansion. ;)[/quote]

Haha, actually your thread is what got me thinking about it. I really liked the Warchief's expansion, so I'm guessing Asian Dynasties would be even better. I don't play online anymore though (because I suck and get pwned), but the AoE campaigns are usually good.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Price dropped to $20.94. Seems to be continually decreasing, so it might even be worth it to wait a little bit longer.[/quote]

Or you could buy now and send Amazon an email if the price does drop...that way you don't risk it going back up?

[quote name='bassec']Or you could buy now and send Amazon an email if the price does drop...that way you don't risk it going back up?[/quote]

Good idea, heh. How long after purchase will they price adjust?

I picked up a sealed copy of the Collector's Edition a couple days ago for $21.50 and free shipping on ebay. Somebody is clearing out a ton of these on ebay, a lot of them have gone for closer to $15 shipped.

Apparently this is a common trend, that people with large queues wanted this game and didn't pick it up initially (3-4 out of the dozen posts already? that's high).

I'm one of them...been holding off...can resist...no longer.

[quote name='msdmoney']I picked up a sealed copy of the Collector's Edition a couple days ago for $21.50 and free shipping on ebay. Somebody is clearing out a ton of these on ebay, a lot of them have gone for closer to $15 shipped.[/quote]

Yeah, I noticed that too just recently. I got lucky and got mine for $14.50 shipped, w00t. Hopefully it's actually new, as described (I've been ripped off a couple times when people advertise games as "Brand new" and I get them open/scratched, etc.)

I paid full price for this on Valentines day and don't regret it. (The old lady felt bad she didn't get me anything, so she told me to go buy it for myself!

Anyway, Amazon shows $18.90 for me now.

Bought a new CE for $21 shipped from some eBay seller. Heard nothing but good things about this game :D

I want to buy this game so bad, but I have a feeling it'll just sit there in the shrink wrap for a few months. I'm still working on Company of Heroes, Supreme Commander, CIV IV and Sins of the Solar Empire (plus expansions). And that's just my strategy games...

This showed up in my Gold Box today, lowering the price to $17.06. I waited until later in the day to purchase it and wouldn't you know, Amazon raised the price to $31.99.

Well, it's not worth that to me.

Wow, you're right. It came right back down.

Oh well, I guess I can't complain when it's at the Gold Box price now anyway.

Anyone who's on the fence about this game needs to pick it up (especially at this price), it's really amazing, and easily one of my all time favorite RTS games.

Argh... must wait till expansion gets packaged....

And must open company of heroes and opposing fronts to play before wife kills me for having such a large backlog.

[quote name='rpepper']$16.21 now. I bit.[/quote]

Wow, this price just won't stop dropping. I remember seeing previews and thinking it looked good now that I have a PC to play it on this is almost too hard to resist even though like many others my backlog is already fairly long.

[quote name='Capitalizt']This games Pwns Company of Heroes in every way. Multiplayer battles are incredibly addicting.

BUY IT![/quote]

Both games are very good in my opinion, and I much prefer the single-player game in CoH. The WiC multiplayer, though, is insane and, yes, very addicting.

bread's done
Back