[DEAD] Wowhead: Win Fable III themed Xbox 360 Slim

Bigandtasty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.wowhead.com/contest=fable-iii-sweepstakes#how-to-win
Grand Prize (2)
October 24th – 31st, 2010

• A Special Edition Fable III Xbox 360 [Slim]!
First Prize (12)
October 18th – 30th, 2010

• An Xbox 360 Slim!
Must be registered user of Wowhead; must be 18 or older; must be resident of the 48 contiguous U.S. states; must enter only once per household. Winner verification will occur by email and will require you to show them your driver's license or other government-issued identification.

I'm not sure why a WoW-related site is giving away 360 Slims, but boy am I glad I checked the site to check some gear my old WoW character had and reminisce in a nerdy manner. Perhaps I should say I will only be glad if (when?) I win, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gimpster']the verification is a bit much, i can't scan my license for a WoW site...

good luck though[/QUOTE]

Are you lying or something? Cause I went through the whole signup process and entered the contest w/o once having to scan my license

[quote name='CandyCaptain']Are you lying or something? Cause I went through the whole signup process and entered the contest w/o once having to scan my license

Still, that's only if you win. If you can't be bothered to do something like that, which a few sites do make you do, for a $300+ prize, then I don't know what to say.

All you need is someone's driver's license number to cause a wide variety of identity theft. Why not just have people respond by email that they are who they say they are, or through Twitter or Facebook through a verified address? Why go so far as to ask for one's driver's license?

I am going to sign up for this contest, but I like others question having to do that.

Thanks for the linkage. I used that site so often I dont pay attention to their contests or banners anymore.

[quote name='Karuto']All you need is someone's driver's license number to cause a wide variety of identity theft. Why not just have people respond by email that they are who they say they are, or through Twitter or Facebook through a verified address? Why go so far as to ask for one's driver's license?

I am going to sign up for this contest, but I like others question having to do that.[/QUOTE]

They probablly gave something away before or one of their sister sites did and had some trouble come up over the giveaway and now they are going overkill on the requirements to avoid any personal legal responsibility.

Usually when you see overly stringent requirements like that its because there is a reason behind it.

[quote name='Karuto']All you need is someone's driver's license number to cause a wide variety of identity theft. Why not just have people respond by email that they are who they say they are, or through Twitter or Facebook through a verified address? Why go so far as to ask for one's driver's license?

I am going to sign up for this contest, but I like others question having to do that.[/QUOTE]

They can't steal your identity using your DL# if you black it out. According to the text quoted, they only want it for age verification.

Good luck to all who entered! I will not be giving a copy of my drivers license to some random website so I won't be entering lol.

I entered. I don't mind sending a copy of my DL if I happen to win. Just black out any information you don't want them to have like louiedog suggested.

Yeah, just scan it or take a picture and then edit out everything except your birthday.

If you feel like entering the contest anyway.

bread's done
Back