(DEAD) XBL 4000 point card $39.99 - eBay Deal Blast

[quote name='javeryh']where does the tax show up? On the eBay page or over at PayPal?

No tax showing in NJ (which is odd). Anyway, I'm in for 1. Damn you OP.[/QUOTE]

I just ordered to NJ and no tax for me either.

In for 1.

And it only cost me $9.99. I had a $30 return balance in my Paypal account I had no idea was there. My wife and I donated to a sick friend of a friend to help w medical bills and a month later they kicked the money back to us. Not sure what happened there.

The list of states that require sales tax is under the faqs section in the listing. here they are for those that dont want to take the time to look they are California, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Tennessee, and Washington

Thanks OP! In for one, and thanks for the posters from NJ who confirmed no tax in NJ! I had it shipped to my brother lol. He can text me the code...

[quote name='Draelmun']They don't ship to Hawaii, sad panda....[/QUOTE]

yeah but you still win because you are in Hawaii.

The $3 tax prevented me from buying one

EDIT: If anyone has an extra they'd like to sell, I'll buy one for $40

Last edited by a moderator:
These idiots are charging WA state sales tax on this. If I go buy this at my local Best Buy, I don't pay any sales tax!

That killed the deal for me, since I usually get these cards for $40 at BB thanks to rewards certificates.

[quote name='underdrifter']Bro! they charge you tax at best buy!![/QUOTE]

They do not charge you sales tax in WA state at any Best Buy for XBL point cards, even though WA state has sales tax. But Buy is still charging sales tax on these for WA residents. That's a sham. They're not supposed to charge tax, because you are essentially BUYING MONEY.

[quote name='dark-star']I already have over 10k points, why am I buying more? lol...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I couldn't resist buying one either, and I have like triple that amount from catching the Meijer 20% Santa Bucks sales here in IL. At least this deal is better since I don't get charged the tax. I'm too weak to resist this deal, at least Spacebucks don't expire :roll:. Thanks OP

Ahh, ended up buying one....I was going to get the 1600 for 18$ on Amazon but this is a better deal and now I'll be able to pick up Torchlight when it comes out along with some other stuff.

i bit! even with CA sales tax thrown in there. thought about it for the past few hours. so I'm only saving a lil over 5 bucks. Every little bit helps i suppose. Plus...games on the marketplace always seem to be on sale or new ones that I really want become available when I don't have points.

I bit as well. Like the above poster said, the deal is worth it even with the CA sales tax and with the Bill Me Later option in play, it should be less for me.

Thanks again OP!

[quote name='mrbomb']In for 1, thanks op. Too bad my 7 dollars worth of ebay bucks expired two days ago...[/QUOTE]
I thought, "Don't I have some eBay bucks to spend on this? I think they expire today." Doh! 2/2/11.

[quote name='dumlaox']I bit as well. Like the above poster said, the deal is worth it even with the CA sales tax and with the Bill Me Later option in play, it should be less for me.

Thanks again OP![/QUOTE]

Still bugs me on principle; I seriously doubt buy.com is passing on the sales tax they're collecting improperly to the state and just pocketing the difference. (I'm sure while their online stores are incapable of separating taxable/non-taxable purchases, their internal accounting software is) It isn't a HORRIBLE deal, just not much better than the BB/Amazon $17.99 deal at that point.

And watch out for Bill Me Later, IIRC they do a pull of your credit report, which for some people can cause issues. (too many pulls tends to drop credit scores)

Don't really need anything from the XBL marketplace right now, but I know there'll be something eventually. That, or I'll just impulsively buy stuff. Either way, In for 1.

doh, I was being brain dead.. I find it odd that WalMart.com didn't charge me tax on my 3 1600pt cards recently..

[quote name='mietha']How, exactly, do you pay tax when you buy the game? This is live, not the psn. The only things tax are charged on on live are buying points and buying full games (that can't be bought with points).[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back