Dead Xbox, or bad luck with arcade disc?

IceBlueShoes

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Greetings.
Well I picked up an arcade xbox 360 last week and am having an odd problem. The arcade disc that came with the system won't load in the xbox. I already switched the arcade disc once and the new one still won't load. I tried the original disc with another system and while it did get further on the loading screen nothing would load up.
Should I try a 3rd arcade disc or simply take back the system and switch it all up?
What's strange is that I've tried other games (Halo3, Left 4 Dead, Fallout 3 and Jade Empire) and they all work flawlessly.
IF I have to take it back, will I lose my settings/Live account, even though it's on my hard drive?

Also is their a way to transfer files from an external hard drive to the xbox directly?
I'd like to copy over some mp3s and dvds i've ripped since I have the 60GB HD and will never even come close to filling that otherwise.
Thanks!

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']Also is their a way to transfer files from an external hard drive to the xbox directly?
I'd like to copy over some mp3s and dvds i've ripped since I have the 60GB HD and will never even come close to filling that otherwise.
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Don't think there is a way. Be happy you won't fill up that 60GB too, since I know people who are only able to manage 1GB free from the 20GB drive. That, and Game Installs are awesome.

The Arcade discs do not play like regular games or install to the HDD. Once you have the disc in your drive you have to access the "Arcade" games via the Arcade games menu in "My Games". They show up in the list as if they were games downloaded from the marketplace.

bread's done
Back