Dead

jumpiestranger2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Shows a X-box 360 with two controllers the only one it matches on the sight is the 4G. Priced at 249.99 but listed at 239.99 either way it will be around around $200 mark. I could be wrong on the model. The sale starts Friday 12am PST. I am hoping they include some games in this sale and they are worthy of being called Black Friday.

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/ref= sc_iw_ss/?node=1263430011

=====

Friday update

Xbox 360 4GB with extra wireless controller $199.99, down 20% from $249.99

Link to other video games discounted today
Notable game discounts:
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $39.99
:ps3: MLB 11 The Show $39.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $39.99
:360: Halo Reach Limited Edition $39.99
:360::ps3: Mortal Kombat $39.99
:ds: Pokemon Black/White $27.99
:wii: Epic Mickey $25

Last edited by a moderator:
When I saw this earlier today on their site it showed the 4Gb model that is priced at $199.99 so 20% off that should make it $159.99. Hopefully that is what they will offer. I think a price drop is coming very soon or atleast the 4gb model is gonna be phased out.

If you ever needed to be convinced that the name "Black Friday" is nothing but a marketing gimmick...

I would like it.
18.games.jpg

The sneak preview for it earlier today allowed you to click on the item, when I clicked on the 360 it took me to the 4gb 360 that's $199. Looks like it's gonna be $159 on Friday.

Edit: Just went to the site and it still allows you to click on the 360 in the pic and it does indeed still take you to the $199 4gb version, not a bundle one like op thought. If you go through the op's link it doesn't allow to click on the pic but if you just go to the site yourself it will.

How do you know the vizio will be $250? The only Vizio's on their site I can find that match the pic on the Black Friday teaser page (with buttons across the left side of the front panel) are a 16" and a 19".

[quote name='brianace']If you ever needed to be convinced that the name "Black Friday" is nothing but a marketing gimmick...[/QUOTE]

Untrue.

You can find excellent deals on Black Friday. I can't wait for this year.

[quote name='ral1121']Untrue.

You can find excellent deals on Black Friday. I can't wait for this year.[/QUOTE]

Me too! It's only 4 months and some change away now..!!!

:whee:

PS3 console is probably one of the best things you can get on Black Friday, it costs what it will retail for but the games they bundle with it are high in value most of the time. games and movies are very cheap too.

Weren't they handing out $50 gift cards with this thing just before E3? This doesn't seem like much of a deal by comparison.

Its shit like this that confuses me. You americans have a tradition. But sometimes you just choose to exercise it anytime you want. But then in the other thread, I got laughed at for getting the week of black friday wrong. Wth? Am I crazy??

Last edited by a moderator:
I sort of get it. I mean, it's like when people say "Christmas in July"... but they sort of decided that could be anything.

[quote name='ral1121']Untrue.

You can find excellent deals on Black Friday. I can't wait for this year.[/QUOTE]

I have enjoyed the fruits of many great deals on Black Friday. My point (which other people in this thread have made more eloquently than I, BTW) was that putting something on sale in the middle of July is not Black Friday.
Target feels that name has a certain amount of cache, so they want it associated with their sale. But this ain't Black Friday, come on.

[quote name='jumpiestranger2']Shows a X-box 360 with two controllers the only one it matches on the sight is the 4G. Priced at 249.99 but listed at 239.99 either way it will be around around $200 mark. I could be wrong on the model. The sale starts Friday 12am PST. I am hoping they include some games in this sale and they are worthy of being called Black Friday.

http://www.target.com/gp/browse.html/ref=%20sc_iw_ss/?node=1263430011[/QUOTE]

NOTE the bottom corner where it says "LIMITED QUANTITIES AT THESE PRICES"
Then note sale starts at 12AM PST on Friday...

Good news: most people will be in bed
Bad news: if you don't stay up late Thursday and instead try to buy on "Black Friday" morning, you get squat!

Expect this to be like AMEX wishlist. A lot of clicking at Midnight, site gets really slow, and then you get a "sorry we are sold out"

[quote name='brux']If it is online only, isn't it more "Cyber Monday" that "Black Friday"?[/QUOTE]

They should have called it Cyber Friday, that way we don't get our hopes up.

this would be a great deal if the price of the 250 gb HD wasnt 130 bucks. anyone know where to get ond for half the price?

[quote name='lobo louie']this would be a great deal if the price of the 250 gb HD wasnt 130 bucks. anyone know where to get ond for half the price?[/QUOTE]

ebay. they go for less than $50 at times (not sure if they're official microsoft brand though, as i havent bought one yet)

I tried getting the Vizio 19" TV, but the price comes up $169.99 whenever I click on it. Either it sold out quickly at the $99.99 mark or they never dropped the price.

[quote name='lobo louie']this would be a great deal if the price of the 250 gb HD wasnt 130 bucks. anyone know where to get ond for half the price?[/QUOTE]

i've seen them on amazon warehouse deals for around 85ish i believe.

[quote name='jumpiestranger2']Shows a X-box 360 with two controllers the only one it matches on the sight is the 4G. Priced at 249.99 but listed at 239.99 either way it will be around around $200 mark. I could be wrong on the model. [/QUOTE]

You guessed correctly!

Xbox 360 4GB with extra wireless controller $199.99, down 20% from $249.99
Or, another way to say : buy the Xbox 360 4GB console, get a wireless controller for free. :roll:

Link to other video games discounted today

Decent game discounts that I could see:
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $39.99
:ps3: MLB 11 The Show $39.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $39.99
:360: Halo Reach Limited Edition $39.99
:360::ps3: Mortal Kombat $39.99
:ds: Pokemon Black/White $27.99
:wii: Epic Mickey $25

I do not think it is worth it. Many retailers have $50 gift card ( Target even have $60 gift card way back)if you buy XBOX 360 any system from awhile now. I can think of better use of the gift card than to buy a controller, besides the controller can be found easy for less than $50

Amazon has a $50 credit when you buy the $299 4GB Kinect Bundle = Net $250 w/free shipping.
So starting with a base price of $200 on a 4GB Slim... and a state with no Amazon taxes:
A bundled Kinect and game for $50 > +1 controller for ~$15 (tax) IMHO...

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']not a bad deal if you make sure you find a good deal on a 250 gb hdd. might be able to get a 250gb 360 one

[quote name='brianace']If you ever needed to be convinced that the name "Black Friday" is nothing but a marketing gimmick...[/QUOTE]

I would like to talk to the market group over there who had the brilliant idea to just pick some random day and call it black friday. I am betting the idea came about with the hopes to confuse people. They feel when the average customer sees black friday they trigger that memory of the years biggest sale and they will want to run out and shop.

bread's done
Back